PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Christmas KAL

esiuol
02-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I know we just got past 2007 Christmas, In order for me to have all my project done I have to start now. Would anyone want to join me in this KAL here is my list:

Husband: Cable afghan, Socks, Sweater
Kids(2boys): Afghan, Socks
Cousins : Dishcloths
Friends: Dishcloths
That is it for right now because I have the back of the sweater done and the cable afghan on the needles, dishcloth on needle, I have patterns for the sock just have to get the yarn.
Hope you join in with me!!!

greenwitchknitter
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm with ya! It takes me the whole year to get all done! I;ll have to decide what else I'll make but here is what I know so far:
DH- felted clogs
DD#1- poncho
DD#2- poncho
Lets get started!.. of course I haveto finish my UFO's first!! hee hee

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
02-11-2008, 10:37 AM
i don't even want to THINK about christmas yet.... thus far i just want to make dh a Dr. Who scarf :)

esiuol
02-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Greenwitchknitter thanks for joining in with me:cheering: , Do you have a picture of the felted clogs? They sound like something I would be interested in making!

Karina
02-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I would like to join this KAL, I have started to knit my daughter a floor length Faux fur coat. The cast on for the back is 211 stitches. Its a pattern in knitting magazine I think nov or dec 2005. Knitting six row takes me nearly an hour.
the weight is a bit of a strain on my hands so am waiting for my Knit Picks Options to arrive. Have so far managed 18 rows. I will be doing lots of other projects in between in the hope that I will not become bored.

greenwitchknitter
02-24-2008, 06:54 PM
esiuol,
to see a pic of the clogs go to Ravelry.. i'm greenwitchknitter on there also!... still finishing the ufo's!! hopefully will be done in the next few weeks, ill let you know when I start in on the Christmas projects!!

esiuol
03-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Karina
Welcome and I am glad you joined in. What a nice gift you will be knitting a coat wow!! I have a pattern for a crochet coat but all I have done to it is looked at it. I might try to knit a coat or maybe a jacket if I can find a cute pattern. Keep us posted on how things are going. Post pictures if you can.
Happy knitting!!!!

Karina
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
here is a couple of pictures of the start of my daughters coat and and a picture of how it hopefully will turn out.

lelvsdgs
03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
When my Carpal Tunnel settles down I'd love to join in. I need to start now so I can really get some things done and enjoy the season and the knitting I do for the season. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to knit for more than just a row or two... It's so hard to stop that sometimes I just forgo it altogether...

Karina
03-13-2008, 07:53 AM
I hope your hands and arms feel better soon, so you can join in this KAL. I imagine as we get closer and closer to Christmas it will get a lot busier. I haven't worked on my coat for the last week. there are just to many distraction on this forum (so many other projects that I also want to do).

esiuol
03-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Karin that is a beautiful coat. Keep us posted on your progess!!

esiuol
03-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Hello everyone,
How is everyone doing on your project.
I am working on dishclothes right now. I found a lot of patterns on the internet, I am working on the states and initials cloths.
I keep changing my mine on the gifts to make.

MAmaDawn
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I was going to start a new thread and then I found this one... how is everyone doing?

I have everything planned... and I've started knitting them... I have 2 squares done and a third started for the 2 afghans I'm going to make. And a hat for Belle's doll (she wants doll clothes) and I have almost all the yarn bought. A good start

lizardknits
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
im mostly working on a baby blanket for my cousin's wife, who is due December 20th (close enough to Christmas :teehee: )I might do a scarf or to but that will be my main craft project. Of course, I could always start one aroud thanksgiving or when I am laid up in bed after my next foot surgery in December..... :teehee:

crazy4knitting
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I would love to join in the christmas kal. i hope i can get it all done its my very first kal.

newphew hat, mittens, scraf
dh hat
ds sock(if i can finsh one):cheering: :happydance:

Duessa
08-25-2008, 10:14 AM
LOL, I'm excited that I found this! I'm joining! Maybe you all can keep my nose to the needles? lol

so far here are the plans:

4-8 sets of the following: bath mitt, tribble (http://1870pearl.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/02/rubadubdub.html), dishcloth

BF: Black hat with red horde symbol, draw string bag
bf's sisters fiance: Black hat with whit skull and crossbones, draw string bag
Bf's sister: one of the bath sets and a draw string bag
Lil Bro: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skull-illusion-scarf and/ or a hat
Mom: bath set, ??
bf's mom: bath set
bf's dad: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-ruffler (maybe)
dad: ??
gma: bath set

and who all knows what else! lol, I guess i might be overly ambitious!

auntcrafty
08-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah! :cheering: A KAL I may actually be able to complete! :teehee:

Nieces (3) -- matching Summerlin (http://kathrynivy.com/patterns/free/summerlin/) dresses using Aloha fabrics & Rainbow Babies (http://jeangreenhowe.com/patterns.html)
Mom -- Slant Pocket Bag (http://http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternSlantPocketBag.asp) in Black or blue
SIL -- Squatty Sidekick Bag (http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/patterns/archive/2007/06/11/amanda-s-squatty-sidekick.aspx)
MB -- a tbd lacey stole (trying to choose between several patterns)
Ladybug -- Summerlin dress & Hunny Bunny (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14590553)
Bug -- Hedgehog family (http://www.barddance.org/knittering/blueshedgehogpattern.htm) to go with the Jan Brett books I'm going to get him

Duessa
08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
So far I have made two cloths and one tribble! They came together fast but School started today so I might find my goal a little hard to reach!

lynn893
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah! :cheering: A KAL I may actually be able to complete! :teehee:

Bug -- Hedgehog family (http://www.barddance.org/knittering/blueshedgehogpattern.htm) to go with the Jan Brett books I'm going to get him

Those hedgehogs are SOO cute!
Have you seen the 'Jean Greenhowe' hedgehogs? They're just as cute, and a little easier, I think? They're from her knit book - Knitted Toys published by Hamlyn.

farmgirl
08-25-2008, 10:32 PM
What a great idea! I don't have all my ideas lined up yet, but I do want to knit some ornaments & hats for SHIPS * some things for Warm Woolies.

DH: socks, mittens & a hat
DD's: shawls & teddy bear
MIL: sweater
DS: socks & maybe a sweater
GS: sweater & teddy
and maybe dishcloths for friends

I'm glad I won't have much to do!:knitting:

auntcrafty
08-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Those hedgehogs are SOO cute!
Have you seen the 'Jean Greenhowe' hedgehogs? They're just as cute, and a little easier, I think? They're from her knit book - Knitted Toys published by Hamlyn.

These hedgehogs (http://jeangreenhowe.com/hedgehogs.html)? I had seen them. I like them and these (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/patterns/228.htm) the best. They look more like "Hedgie" from The Hat. I'm going to get over my cheapness and purchase Debbie Radtke's.

Cynamar
08-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I was gonig to make alligator scarves for all of the kids in the family and I stocked up on Wool Ease for them but I don't know how many I will get done. I've become a selfish knitter. I want to make things for others but I'm still new and there is so much that I want to make and I don't have a lot of knitting time. I am going to make the dog a felted square to snooze on. Don't know why. She just likes to lie on things. She will choose the chair that has a sweater tossed in the seat. One time I got home from an interview and she was on the bed while I changed. She got up from where she was and moved over onto my suit. I want to make Julianne some socks even though she only wants scarves and a sweater dress from me. I don't know if I will get a dress done but I'll look into it. I might make a small felted bag for one cousin. That's it for Christmas and knitting!!! All of my other knitting time is my sweaters!

Karina
08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
I will have to make a proper list for Christmas. So far I have only thought to make the coat for my daughter. I have half the back done and it is so getting on my nerves so have had a break from it for the last couple of months. The kids go back to school next Tuesday so will start on that again. Have a quarter of an Alligator scarf done for my son. My brother is visiting at the moment and has requested a pair of thick socks for work so am trying to figure out what sort of yarn is the strongest. Have a pattern for fiber trend slipper boots for kids but think I will buy the adult version and make some slippers for the in-laws.
Probably do some wash cloths for my sons teacher.

Secksiebrat
08-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I figured I'd jump in and post what I"ll be working on for christmas presents.
Hubby: Camo hat
Son: Camo hat
Dad: felted clogs
Grandmother: Felted clogs
Grandfather: Felted clogs
Nieces (2): Knitted tanktops

That's a good start for now :)

~danielle~

esiuol
08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow!!! I like some of the items everyone is making for christmas I did forget about hats but I think I will use the knifty knitter for them. my list has got a little longer so I think I am going to make some fun fur scarfs

Daylilydayzed
08-27-2008, 05:38 PM
I will join this knit along, currently on the needle is an afghan for youngest son and his girlfriend. She is recovering from rolling the SUV she was driving recently when she was helping a friend move. She was bruissed up a bit and lots of little cuts from the glass . She had to have her hair cut due to glass in her scalp and blood that stained it.
I have the border and one repeat of the pattern done so far.

Karina
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Daylilydayzed - That must have been really scary for her, hope she recovers quickly.

scout52
08-30-2008, 12:52 AM
I will join this knitalong. I joined last years. I already started my brother's sweater. He actually wants the same sweater I made him last year, the cambridge jacket from Interweave Knits, Summer 2006 He loved it that much. I'm about 80% done. I have the sleeves, back, and left front done. I am about 1/3 done on the right front. Since he showed that he is so knit worthy, I am upgrading the yarn from last years patons merino to 100% cashmere. (he took it to get dry cleaned and he wore it almost every day to his office :cheering:) His co-worker emailed me that he wanted one too.

2. I am also making my twin another skirt. I am making the bell curve skirt from knitty, winter 2007

3. for my little sister I'm making convertible mittens from fall 2008 vogue knitting

4. for my best friend I'm making the seascape stole, knitty summer 2008

5. my boss's secretary has been wanting a scarf forever so I am making some type of lacy scarf haven't figure out what yet.

6. I'm making a newsboy hat for my grandfather

7. Baby sweater for best friends baby

8. little girl sweater for best friends daughter

9. hat for little sister fiance

10. something for grandmother. don't know what yet. she is very feminine so not sure but she is also practical. maybe placemats? I saw a knitted sunhat which was beautiful which she may like I may try.

11. boyfriend gets nothing. he never wears anything I make him. boo

12. mother i'm hoping a sweater, but she loves scarfs. I will be tired of scarfs by then.

Karina
08-30-2008, 03:40 AM
WoW Scout that is some list. Hope you get everything done.

scout52
08-30-2008, 04:50 PM
I know!! I hope I did not overdo it. but each year more people keep asking for stuff. So each year I am starting Christmas gifts earlier.

MAmaDawn
09-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Here is my list...

DD, Tori Pi Shawl, cast on last night, have all the yarn and the lace patterns worked out...

DD, Belle, Baby clothes, I have 1 hat made I need to decide which others clothes I want to make, I'm thinking I'm going to use preemie patterns, I'll use stash yarn

DS, Jeremiah, stuffed dinos using stash too

MIL and FIL and Afghan I have one square done, I think it's going to be the hardest square on theirs.... have some of the yarn... need to get more...

Dad and Stepmom and afghan, I am working on the second square have all the yarn

Dh, Goob, Can cozy had to special order some of it, it's going to be black with bright green space invaders on it and felted have the black yarn and the green is in, just need to go get it...

BIL Dalek using stash yarn too

SIL felted purse, have this yarn....

So with all that I better get knitting! :teehee::knitting:

Karina
09-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Dawn two afghans, you are ambitious. can't wait to see photos.

I am restarting my daughters coat. When I orignally bought the yarn for it I bought enough to make her one in white and me one in blue. But since doing half of the back I know now that I will never make another one of these so will use the blue yarn for her coat as I have more of it. I think I would like to make it a hooded coat instead of the collar.

new_knitter
09-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I will join the fun. My list is simple but long.... 12 pairs of felted clogs. I know, I know.... these were a popular item a couple of years ago... What can I say, I am behind...

I have two pairs knitted (Cranberry/Mist and Artic Pool/Mist, but not felted yet and have a bright Avocado/Sapphire pair on my needles right now.

Not for Christmas, but I also have to needle felt my son's school logo on the pair I knitted him last year.

Will post pictures soon

scout52
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Yea so I finished the main pieces of my brothers sweater. I just now I have to finished blocking the pieces and seam them up. After that I then have to knit up the neckpiece then I will be ALL done with his sweater and that will be one gift down!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

I will post pics soon.

new_knitter
09-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Congrats Scout! Can't wait to see it. I am impressed. I have never knitted anything that complex.

Duessa
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I finished my DB hat and it was the first one I ever made!

new_knitter
09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Just finished the first shoe of my 3rd pair of clogs. I knit the top in avocado and the sole/trim holding a strand each of avocado and sapphire.

I am kind of nervous and excited to see them felted. I have never mixed my yarn before. Anyone else try this before? I think they are going to turn out cute and I will be tempted to keep them for myself! :)

Attached is a picture of the 2 1/2 pairs I have knitted for Christmas so far....prefelted and yes with the strings unwoven still, but that's 3 presents I don't have to shop for :happydance: :woohoo:

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/andiknit2/DSCF0078.jpghttp://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/andiknit2/DSCF0080.jpg

scout52
09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Great job Duessa, can't wait to see the pics.

New_knitter, they look great so far. I can't wait to see how they look felted. I haven't yet tried felting. that is on my to try list.

MAmaDawn
09-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Finished another square for my dad and step mom's afghan and attached it to the first one. I have to undo the crocheting on the first square as it did not match the second and I like the second better. I've started the second one for my MIL and FIL. I started Tori's Christmas Pi Shawl but had to frog it:frog: cuz I dropped a stich and couldn't fix it.... need to put a life line in this time.... :doh:

princessbonniejane
09-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I'll join! Here's my list:

Hat for a friend
Purse for a friend
Socks for DM
Socks for DB
Set of bowls for a friend
Washcloth set for DM
Still need to think of something for Father Hmmmm.......I have a long list but it's a few months before so I will get everything done!

new_knitter
09-04-2008, 04:00 PM
:woohoo: Duessa... do we get to see them? I laughed when I read about the tribbles, and had to do a search to see what they were - cute idea, I may have to try some of those myself!

Sounds like you are making good progress MamaDawn! Sorry about the :frog: I need to learn about lifelines....

Welcome PrincessBonnie!

new_knitter
09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Talk about ambitious! A coat! Impressive Karina... can't wait to see it!

Shandeh
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
The only thing I want to make for Christmas is a stocking for my granddaughter. Hopefully, that will happen this year. Crossed Fingers

new_knitter
09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Do you have a special stocking picked out?

I cross-stitched my husband and my two boys stockings and never made one for myself.... maybe I will knit me one instead...

Duessa
09-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I will post pics soon. I want to get the part that I put off (finishing bleh) done and then put it all on at once because I have to fight to get that done on my computer. lol

So, can I see some finished felted clogs? They are really making me wonder!

So, I'm also wondering, what would you make for someone that already has armwarmers and an ear warmer from you for christmas that ISN'T a scarf. I don't think I'll have TIME for a scarf! I want to make it out of the same yarn even though I hate the stuff because my mom loves it. It's Red Heart Monet. so gross to handle. lol

Anyway, I'll have at least one armwarmer done this weekend! Then I'll post. lol

Daylilydayzed
09-05-2008, 10:25 PM
An update on the afghan I am knitting for youngest son and girlfriend. I have compled the border , 10 pattern repeats in white, 4 pattern repeats in shades of blue,and 2 repeats of the second white section. Each color section will be seperated by 10 pattern repeats of white.

new_knitter
09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/lorispho...49301329668642

Hey Duessa,

Above is a link for the first felted clogs I knitted. Can't wait to see your pictures. Sounds like you are making progress.

MAmaDawn
09-07-2008, 07:29 AM
The link didn't work for me... got a 404 Error...

new_knitter
09-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Not sure what happened with my link. Try this http://picasaweb.google.com/lorisphotos99/FeltedClogs#5131649301329668642 It worked when I previewed the message.

I had a bad knitting day yesterday.... lots of :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: These clogs were knitting up fast for me and then.... who knows. I probably could have fudge things since they are felted, but it kept coming out wierd.... wound up :frog: all the way back to the sole :hair:

Shandeh
09-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Do you have a special stocking picked out?
Not yet. My hubby has several stockings that his mother made for his children. She can't knit anymore, so I'm thinking that I should make one for his grand-daughter that is the same style.

The stocking on the right was his from when he was a child. His grandmother made it for him.

The other three were for his kids. So, each time the stockings were made by a grandmother. I think I should continue the tradition. :wink:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2347/2135378626_9e7af521ec.jpg

Karina
09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I love your stockings Sandy. Have you found a pattern yet for your DGD.

Shandeh
09-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks Karina. I've been looking through lots of patterns. It's so hard to choose!

Shandeh
09-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I really like this stocking, but it's not exactly the same style.
Nicky Epstein's Stocking (http://web.archive.org/web/20040415000027/http://www.thesmartyarns.com/patterns/aug02/xmasstocking.html)

Karina
09-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I love that one. Have saved the link. Thanks

new_knitter
09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Love your stockings Sandy!

Shandeh
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I love that one. Have saved the link. Thanks
You're welcome. Have fun with it!
Love your stockings Sandy!
Thanks! But, I can't take credit for any of them. The four at our house were made by my hubby's grandmother and mother.

I've only made one stocking, and it was for display at Cottage Yarn:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/329201026_b142975c6e.jpg

Oh! And I made a small felt embroidered stocking once (and a little knitted Christmas bell):
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/47602513_c9a041b18d.jpg

MAmaDawn
09-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Those are ADORABLE! Where did you get the pattern for the bell? I looked on Rav and found a bell ornament, but it looked different.... I like yours better...

scout52
09-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Wow Sandra those stockings are :inlove: :inlove: just AMAZING!!! I definitely think you should keep the tradition alive!!

Shandeh
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Those are ADORABLE! Where did you get the pattern for the bell? I looked on Rav and found a bell ornament, but it looked different.... I like yours better...
Thanks, my friend! :) I'll look in my files for that bell pattern. It's an old hand-written pattern from when I was in high school in the 80's. I'm sure I still have it....I never throw anything away. :teehee:
Wow Sandra those stockings are :inlove: :inlove: just AMAZING!!! I definitely think you should keep the tradition alive!!
I am really amazed at the work my hubby's grandmother did. The stocking is so pretty in person. She used to make quilts too, but I've never seen any of them. I hope my stocking turns out as nice as the ones we have already. Crossed Fingers

Shandeh
09-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Yay! I found the pattern for the Christmas Bell. :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3040/2844160740_74f227a017_m.jpg
"Christmas Bell" (old hand-written pattern from the 80's)
Materials: Size 9 (US) needles, Variegated Christmas yarn

Cast on 14 stitches

Row 1: Knit 10, Purl 4
Row 2: Knit

Alternate these two rows until you have the number of ridges you desire for your bell. (I knit mine for about 4 inches)

Bind off. Sew sides together & draw up top.
Make loop in top for hanging. (I made a crochet chain with the loose strand of yarn for mine, then stitched it into a tight loop at the top when I was finished.)

Turn bell inside out, and weave in any loose ends.

By the way, I just found this same pattern online! :thumbsup:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/holbell3.htm

MAmaDawn
09-10-2008, 07:14 AM
:yay::cheering:

Thank you so much!!!! I added it to Rav's database and it's in my queue, I think we will have one on our tree this year.... :teehee:

new_knitter
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Finished knitting the 3rd pair of Christmas clogs.... only 9 more to go....

new_knitter
09-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I am zooming through my 4th pair of felted clogs. This one is a very Christmasy pair for my SIL in Cranberry and Forest Heather. Everyone on one side of my family is getting a pair of felted clogs this year (12 of them!). I planned on everyone opening theirs at the same time, and I am trying to come up with an interesting way to wrap/present them? Any ideas????

Shandeh
09-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Lori, those felted clogs are gonna be a neat gift! You could always take a felted pair with you to show them how they will turn out.

scout52
09-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Oh lord I just added another to my list. A sweater for my boyfriend. the Retrofit from Fall knitty. He promised to wear it. he FELL IN LOVE with it. ALL of it. the color, fit, the yarn. all of it.

Update on my current project. I'm about 1/3 of the way done of Seascape. I just LOVE the way its coming out. Work was really busy this week so not much knitting going on. Hopefully I can bust alot of it out this weekend. I will also try to start on the baby sweater. Those are quick and easy to bust out.

new_knitter
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks Shandeh. I hope they like them. I am planning on felting them first using a chart for size - think that is too risky? But since everyone is getting the same thing, I wanted to find an cool way to wrap them.

Shandeh
09-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh! I thought you were giving them away fullsize, so they could shrink them up themselves. If you're sure about the size, I don't think it's risky to felt them.

MAmaDawn
09-12-2008, 01:33 PM
How about putting them in shoe boxes? And instead of a regular bow, make one out of yarn. If you start asking now you should be able to get enough shoe boxes from shoe stores.

Duessa
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
You could do that. Or you could find a bunch of very random boxes. I'm thinking like boxes that had boxes of things like hamburger helper in it. Then you wrap them all pretty and they will be different shapes and sizes. They will take your pretty paper off and see these strange boxes and be like WTF?! and THEN get through the taped shut boxes to find their wonderful clogs! My DBF's mother did this to us one year with boxes that said things like "pulled pork". Everyone had a HUGE laugh when they saw what was really in them and we still talk about it years later.

auntcrafty
09-12-2008, 09:25 PM
You could do that. Or you could find a bunch of very random boxes. I'm thinking like boxes that had boxes of things like hamburger helper in it. Then you wrap them all pretty and they will be different shapes and sizes. They will take your pretty paper off and see these strange boxes and be like WTF?! and THEN get through the taped shut boxes to find their wonderful clogs! My DBF's mother did this to us one year with boxes that said things like "pulled pork". Everyone had a HUGE laugh when they saw what was really in them and we still talk about it years later.

We do something like that to someone in the family every year. I choose one person and torture them by wrapping and rewrapping their gift in various sized containers/boxes -- usually involves duct tape along the way. Last year it was my youngest brother's gf because she's such a PIA. Everyone else in the family was laughing, it went totally over her head that I did it on purpose.

The littles are catching on that they have to check inside the boxes because it may not be what is pictured on the outside. Although, we don't torture them -- yet.

new_knitter
09-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Duessa, I love the idea. It would be especially funny since there would be 12 of them opening at the same time!

Auntcrafty, I have done the same thing before.... one year to my son who was only getting an expensive gift at grandma's, while younger grandkids there were getting six. He had six box to upwrap too.... Everytime he unwrap another one and saw there was one more, it was pretty funny.

Duessa
09-15-2008, 01:01 PM
This is my lil' bro's hat! It was my FIRST HAT! and my first experience with DPN's!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/Sheadra/313280276_1067760735_0.jpg

here are the matching armwarmers! These were also done on DPN's and were a frog fest at first!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/Sheadra/313279769_1067758899_0.jpg

I'm also making a lot of rags for my DBF's mother for christmas, here are the first two designs I have completed. The haven't been washed or anything yet so they look a little wonky.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/Sheadra/313278514_1067754374_0.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/Sheadra/313278020_1067752710_0.jpg

Well, that's what I have complete from my list so far!

new_knitter
09-15-2008, 02:05 PM
:cheering: Way to go Duessa! All of your pieces look great, and I especially like the hat! Great job!

As for me I finished knitting the Very Merry Christmasey pair of clogs (#4)for my SIL. I seem to be getting careless on these or something. I had the whole top of one almost done, and realized the whole thing was crooked from my mistake on row one..... Had to frog all the way back to the sole. :wall: Anyway, another pair done (twice!) I need to have a felt fest so I can post some pictures.

Shandeh
09-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Congratulations on using dpns! :thumbsup:

scout52
10-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Woohoo!! I finished my cousin's baby's booties and my best friend's seascape stole from knitty summer 2008

here they are. So now onto my sister's skirt. I had to rip it out once already because it was twisted. hopefully that will be the only problem. I still have to seam my brother's sweater, just don't feel like it yet. I love the knitting sometimes hate the seaming. LOL.

auntcrafty
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
They look wonderful! Glad you are getting so much done. I think I'm going to have to redo my Christmas queue list.

esiuol
12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone,
I have not posted in awhile, but I wanted to give an update on what I have been doing, I am just about finish with my christmas list I have just one more scarf to make and then I am done! My camera is out of pocket right now so unable to take pics but anyway just wanted to give you an update.