PDA

View Full Version : Secret Place for Yarn

Knit4Fun
02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Shhhhhh...

Don't tell anyone... :-)

Tuesday Morning stores sometimes carry yarn - it's mostly fun fur, ribbon, tape, mohair versus plain yarn - but if you are into that sort of stuff, the prices are really good (e.g. ribbon for $13 at LYS was $2.49 here). I saw Lion Brand and a couple other brands as well. Alas, no Manos or Noro or Mmmmm...but hey, it's still a great deal! :teehee:

Samsam
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah! they also have this alpaca blend yarn too Queensland I think. Also their novelty yarn is from places like Italy and France so it makes you feel fancy :)

KnitWit1987
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Shhhhhh...

Don't tell anyone... :-)

Tuesday Morning stores sometimes carry yarn - it's mostly fun fur, ribbon, tape, mohair versus plain yarn - but if you are into that sort of stuff, the prices are really good (e.g. ribbon for $13 at LYS was $2.49 here). I saw Lion Brand and a couple other brands as well. Alas, no Manos or Noro or Mmmmm...but hey, it's still a great deal! :teehee:
Thanks so much for posting this, there is a Tuesday Morning store right down the street from my house and I have never been there before but you can bet I will be going there soon :D

suzeeq
02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I used to live near one and heard about it, but never saw any there. Of course I only dropped by a few times...

buckeye07
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
lol, my secret place for yarn is Big Lots...

i am just a beginner, so i haven't dived into the world of nice, soft yarn yet---but i went to big lots a few weeks ago, and found five huge plastic bins full of yarn--mainly acrylic, but a few wool blends, and i built up my stash.

about 24 skeins for 30 bucks...who can beat that? and now i have tons of cool yarn to practice with!

thanks for the tuesday morning tip!

vaknitter
02-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I know some people poo poo the Boye Needlemaster set, but I got 2 interchangeable sets (I wanted a second and my mother wanted her first) there for $25/each !!!

knittingymnast
02-10-2008, 09:57 AM
thank you!