PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the upper part of South Carolina?

CarolinaGirl
02-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi! Just curious to know if there is anyone from upstate SC?

Sand Lapper
02-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi Upstate, SC I am in Greenwood, SC

mwhite
02-20-2008, 06:39 PM
And I'm in Troy, SC!!! Just moved here from McCormick and I was raised in Greenwood, graduated from GHS in 1974! Lived in Greenwood for over 43 years. Small world!

mwhite
02-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi! Just curious to know if there is anyone from upstate SC?

Where in the upstate? Mary

CarolinaGirl
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Hello everyone! I'm from Greenville! :waving:

kayrun
02-21-2008, 10:32 PM
My mom lives in Spartanburg & my dad is in Greenville....
I'm a Furman grad.....GO Paladins!
LOL
Karen G
in GA now

mwhite
02-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Hello everyone! I'm from Greenville! :waving:

And that's not very far from my daughter in Laurens. I just LOVE to shop in Greenville! Is there a Yarn shop besides the chains?

mwhite
02-21-2008, 10:43 PM
My mom lives in Spartanburg & my dad is in Greenville....
I'm a Furman grad.....GO Paladins!
LOL
Karen G
in GA now

:cheering: :cheering: Where in GA? We live in Troy but have a boat business near Lake Thurmond (Clarks Hill Lake).

CarolinaGirl
02-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Yes there is cute little shop in Greenville that I have been in a few times it is called the Needletree, here is the website: http://www.theneedletree.com/
Yes I love to shop in Greenville also.

mwhite
02-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I'll have to hogtie my daughter and make her take me.... she doesn't knit and whenever we shop and I want to go to a yarnstore, she rolls her eyes and says, "Oh, Mama, is that all you do?" LOL! YES, and why haven't you picked up the needles??? I'm afraid the knitting/sewing/needlearts genes didn't get into her blood. Maybe my granddaughter has them... loves to piddle and pet the yarn and click the circulars. Crossed Fingers

CarolinaGirl
02-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Well its the opposite with me. I've always loved to cross stitch and now knit. When me and mother go shopping I always make her go to like Hobby Lobby or AC Moores.......she will look soooo bored!! Maybe she will let me teach her one day!

mwhite
02-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Or, she and I can just swap daughters!

CarolinaGirl
02-22-2008, 04:13 PM
:teehee: Thats funny!

:knitting:

lgoddard
03-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Hello SC! I live in Rock Hill. I am a self-taught knitter and would love to know if anyone is nearby?

mwhite
03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Hello SC! I live in Rock Hill. I am a self-taught knitter and would love to know if anyone is nearby?

Welcome to the SC group....we're not too talkative but glad you've joined us! I'm in Troy (Greenwood County). :hug: Mary

scmomof4
03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Hey, y'all!

My four daughters and I live in Clemson with my wonderful husband and our two dogs. (The dogs are boys, so my husband gets grouped with them.)

The Needle Tree is a great place to play with yarns and find all those yarns that get me into so much trouble. KD and her mom are growing a wonderful community of knitters in the Augusta Road area.

There is a new yarn shop on Main Street in Anderson. I want to say it is "Keep You in Stitches," but I have been trying so hard to be good and not add more to my stash that I haven't gone in yet.

I am terrifically blessed to have a neighbor who is a chronic sock knitter and two daughters who have the knitting bug. We are working on caps for babies in Africa as a family to burn through my odds and ends in the stash.

Happy Easter, Upstate!:muah: