PDA

View Full Version : A Pair of Socks A Month KAL

knittingymnast
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi! I am new to knit-alongs, but I thought that it would be cool to try and knit a pair of socks a month. If you are feeling more confident and have a ton of time on your hands, 2 pairs a month. I just wanted to let out the idea. :aww: We can post pix and everything......:muah:

robynbird
02-15-2008, 01:34 AM
This is actually one of my goals for this year so I will join you. My first pair for January were the Monkey Socks.

knittingymnast
02-15-2008, 09:49 AM
my first pair EVER for January was a simple pair on 4 dpn's. take a look.
they dont match, but hey. theyre still socks, right? right now i am working on some simple pedicure socks from knitty.com. :woot:

oh, BTW, those monkey socks are great! will you make me a pair? :roflhard:

robynbird
02-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Those are cute! I'm going to make another pair of Monkey's sometime but the no purl ones...I like those better. Yikes! It's already February 16...I better get busy on another pair of socks!!

knittingymnast
02-18-2008, 09:16 AM
im working on another simple pair of pedicure socks. i will post pics soon when i am done.

rachejm
02-18-2008, 09:25 AM
this is a really great idea gym, i may join you but you will have to forgive me if i can't quite manage a pair every month, things tend to get a little hectic from around now until june when the exams are over. Then i get a few months to relax a bit until I start my final year of Univerisity in October - scary! I will do what i can though, some months may have to be baby/toddler socks. Gives me a good excuse to actually go and buy one of the sock books people suggested to me!!!

knitgal
02-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Have you guys checked out the any sock KAL already going on?

quirky
02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
This is a great way to work up a gift stash.
Lets see - 7 neices and nephews, 1 child, 1 husband, 2 parent sets, 4 sibling/spouse sets. I count 21 people not including a pair or two for me. 2 pair a month?
I can do it - really. :roflhard:

knittingymnast
02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
1 pair, 2 pairs, 3 pairs. its all the same to me.

knittingymnast
02-21-2008, 09:55 AM
i am still doing simple socks, so here i have some basic longer-cuffed/ribbed top socks. the ends are not weaved in yet, but they will be before march. i am not intelligent enough to follow a really cool pattern ( :pout: ) but i will be into that in no time. please forgive me because i am working on a sweater at the same time. i want to try knee highs for may, my b day month..... :cheering:

rachejm
02-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I have updated my blog (linked in sig.) to include a pic of my first ever (almost finished) pair of socks, just in case you want to look. Am hoping to finish them tonight.

knit2btied
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
i am still doing simple socks, so here i have some basic longer-cuffed/ribbed top socks. the ends are not weaved in yet, but they will be before march. i am not intelligent enough to follow a really cool pattern ( :pout: ) but i will be into that in no time. please forgive me because i am working on a sweater at the same time. i want to try knee highs for may, my b day month..... :cheering:

Nice work gymnast!

knittingymnast
03-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Thank you!!