PDA

View Full Version : Lion Brand VelvetSpun?

Chikky
02-13-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm making this (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/50722.html) as a gift for someone I really would like to impress... And this yarn is coming apart!! Any frogging leaves the thread completely bare, and knitting alone is stripping it.

Does it always do this, and is this safe for a baby??

Doodknitwit
02-13-2008, 01:51 AM
i used Plymouth "oh my" it works great!!

Mirl56
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I made the same project with that yarn about a year or so ago. Gave it to my niece when she had her first baby. I didn't have any problems with the yarn while making it, I don't remember having to do any substantial frogging.

I wonder how the bunny/yarn has worn in the time since. I'd ask her, but I don't know if they ever really used it - I don't want her to think I'm fishing for compliments. Maybe I will ask her next time I see her.

ah
02-14-2008, 02:13 AM
I used Caron Simply Soft Quick for the big one and Lion Brand Microspun (doubled) for the small one.

Debkcs
02-14-2008, 02:40 AM
I made a sweater for my DGD out of the LB Velvet Spun, it split, lost little threads, and was altogether miserable to work with.

I'd use anything else, before Velvet Spun, but that's JMO.

The.Knitter
02-14-2008, 02:58 AM
I made this last week, using Bernat Softee Baby, for a friend of mine who is having a baby in July but for whom I had to mail a parcel to last week. The Bernat was the only baby yarn I had in my stash. It turned out a bit smaller than the Lion Brand picture shows, but I think it came out well.

Chikky
02-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Hmm... I just dont know now. I'm so sad that the yarn is so terrible. Now I'm unsure what to do.

gamerchik
02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
I made that bunny using Velvetspun last month and I will never use that yarn again. I hated knitting with it (it has no stretch and it felt "sticky" to me). I didn't have too much trouble with it coming apart until it was time to weave in the ends.

I've heard that the bunny will look really cute in cotton. If I ever make one of those toys again, I will probably use cotton or a substitute soft baby yarn.