PDA

View Full Version : Which web yarn stores take paypal?

feministmama
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Do we have a list of online yarn stores that take payapl? I sold some things from my stash and I got MOOOONNNEEEYYYYY to spend but my favorite on line yarn stores don't take paypal. What to do :shrug:

Ingrid
02-13-2008, 02:35 PM
www.littleknits.com takes Paypal and it's my favorite place to shop. I have to say I check in there everyday because they have so many great specials on great yarn. They're in your neck of the woods, too.

GinnyG
02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
I was going to post littlknits too:happydance:

They are my FAVORITE place and what GREAT deals you can get. I ALWAYS prefer to use paypal when I can !

candicane
02-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I also love Little Knits. Even more now that I have been there in person and met Sue! During that trip I scored some Noro Cash Iroha and Lana Grossa Superlana (washable wool).

Right now I am coveting the Angora Extra. However, I don't like an itchy angora and have not touched that one in person. Someone please talk me off the ledge.

candice

Max'inux
02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm an eBay fanatic (does, indeed, work with paypal), and I recently found a seller with the most astonishingly beautiful yarn.

http://stores.ebay.com/Yarntopia-Treasures

As always on eBay, the prices are good. You may have to do the bidding thing, and you might have trouble getting huge amounts of the same yarn, but she does custom orders, so it shouldn't be too much hassle.

And the beauty of this yarn is not to be believed. I've been working with this rayon chenille that's all variegated brown with a hint of green and red (called "furcoat") and I just want to snuggle myself up in this stuff and never move again cloud9

Ingrid
02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
I also love Little Knits. Even more now that I have been there in person and met Sue! During that trip I scored some Noro Cash Iroha and Lana Grossa Superlana (washable wool).

Right now I am coveting the Angora Extra. However, I don't like an itchy angora and have not touched that one in person. Someone please talk me off the ledge.

candice

I'm sorry, but I'm using that particular angora right now and it's absolutely cloud9

feministmama
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
www.littleknits.com (http://www.littleknits.com) takes Paypal and it's my favorite place to shop. I have to say I check in there everyday because they have so many great specials on great yarn. They're in your neck of the woods, too.

They're in Seattle!!!! I wonder if they have a bricks n morter store :think: Maybe I can spend real money too!

feministmama
02-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm an eBay fanatic (does, indeed, work with paypal), and I recently found a seller with the most astonishingly beautiful yarn.

http://stores.ebay.com/Yarntopia-Treasures

As always on eBay, the prices are good. You may have to do the bidding thing, and you might have trouble getting huge amounts of the same yarn, but she does custom orders, so it shouldn't be too much hassle.

And the beauty of this yarn is not to be believed. I've been working with this rayon chenille that's all variegated brown with a hint of green and red (called "furcoat") and I just want to snuggle myself up in this stuff and never move again cloud9

What greaat prices! Great link, thanks!

candicane
02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Ohhh Ingrid. My Visa is trying to get out of my wallet! Which color are you using? What are you making? so, its really soft?

candice

Ingrid
02-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Ohhh Ingrid. My Visa is trying to get out of my wallet! Which color are you using? What are you making? so, its really soft?

candice

It's snow white--just lovely to look at. I have the light blue, as well. I'm making a little capelet for a friend's daughter's communtion. It's nice and soft, with that little halo of fibers--very nice.

candicane
02-14-2008, 09:00 PM
and I really need a white sweater too. think i'm going to have to order.

Little Knits has a retail store run out of a house in West Seattle. They are not open everyday, so email Sue and she can tell you when they are open. I had a really fun shopping experience. If you are more prepared than I am, check out the website first and make a list!

candice

candicane
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
It's snow white--just lovely to look at. I have the light blue, as well. I'm making a little capelet for a friend's daughter's communtion. It's nice and soft, with that little halo of fibers--very nice.

I caved. A bag of white for a sweater of undetermined pattern is coming my way along with 1 ball of plum for a kittyville hat. Didn't want the white to get lonely in the mail all by itself.

candice

Ingrid
02-15-2008, 12:11 PM
I caved. A bag of white for a sweater of undetermined pattern is coming my way along with 1 ball of plum for a kittyville hat. Didn't want the white to get lonely in the mail all by itself.

candice

The Great Enabler strikes again!!!!:lol:

Sanibelle
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
I buy a lot of yarn from this company:
http://www.fabulousyarn.com/

They take paypal and they have the best prices on Malbrigo and Artyarns. They give great discounts. They automatically take 10% off your order but if you buy $50.00 they take 15% off your order, $100 - they take 20% off. Plus, if you sign up for their newsletter they take an additional 5% off. So Malibrigo can be as low as $8.06 a skein.

They ship very quickly and are great to work with.

feministmama
05-13-2008, 11:04 PM
So who else takes paypal?

robynbird
05-14-2008, 10:33 AM
www.Elann.com takes paypal. Their prices are good. Their shipping can be a bit pricey but they ship priority and I always have my yarn w/in 2 days.