PDA

View Full Version : We're going to Disney

wewantmore
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

I don't think I can do enough happy dances.

Our last trip was December 2006 and we'll be going this December. I'm so excited.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Jan in CA
02-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Disney World I take it since you're closer to that one? :yay: I've only been to Disneyland, but it's cool, too. ;)

wewantmore
02-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Yes, Disney World. Sorry. I've never been to Disneyland. I'm afraid I'd be disappointed in Disneyland.

7 nights 8 days. Oh I have too much time on my hands planning.

Piece of advice: NEVER to tell a 3 yrs old you are going to Disney 10 months in advance. This has been a week from he!!. He asks no less than 20 times and that only doubles if we get in the car. :doh:

Michelle

Jan in CA
02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Well, I don't think you'd be disappointed, but it is smaller. They do have a lot of the same rides though.

Make or get a calendar and let him mark off each day until it's time to go. At 3 they are usually old enough to do that and it lets him see that it's still far away right now, but it will closer and closer as he marks off the days. When a month goes by and he can flip or remove the page he'll be excited! You could also use stickers for each day. Good learning experience!

wewantmore
02-13-2008, 08:12 PM
:teehee: Great minds.

At first we showed him it was 10 calendar pages away. Then that didn't help. So I made him a calendar. We put stickers on the week we are going.

I like the idea of him crossing off a day. I'm afraid for my walls. :ick:

Michelle

ChrissyB
02-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Woohoo for you! We are actually leaving for disney in 11 days, yipee! It will be our first trip, we have an almost 3 year old, any advice, reccomendations?

lelvsdgs
02-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Did you win the Superbowl?!?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I hope you have a great time! :happydance:

wewantmore
02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
:roflhard: I did win our knit groups Superbowl pool. $88 at my LYS. :woot: Does that count?

As for advice, bring a stroller. Are you a member od www.disboards.com? There is a wealth of info. Have a great time.

ChrissyB
02-14-2008, 09:04 AM
thanks for the link Michelle! So much info, its a little overwhelming! I wish I had more time to plan.

wewantmore
02-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah it is an overwhelming site.

I stick to the Family, Budget and Hotel boards.