PDA

View Full Version : Look what I just bought!!!

Sunshine's Mom
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Just made my first real sock yarn purchase. Up to now I've been using worsted weight, but this is 100% Superwash Merino wool from sockpixie.com (you may know her from Ravelry)

Gorgeous, huh? I'm so excited!!!

chrislt8
02-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh my what beautiful colors!

italianchildhood
02-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Really gorgeous!

Debkcs
02-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I walked into a new-to-me store not so long ago, and walked out with five skeins of sock yarn, three handpainted. They're so pretty just as they are, they may sit on top of my knitting basket for awhile.

Love the colors of what you ordered, it will make some beautiful socks!

1to1
02-14-2008, 02:12 PM
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Pagan Princess
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Lovely

Doodknitwit
02-14-2008, 02:31 PM
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

cindycactus
02-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Have fun knitting beautiful socks.:knitting:

boo1
02-14-2008, 03:42 PM
And thanks for letting us know where you got it.

Hope you'll be posting a pic of the FO!

:)
Laura

khaosx5
02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
gorgeous colours - enjoy!!

feministmama
02-14-2008, 04:35 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:heart:

Silver
02-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Gaw-jussss!! :heart:

aprildavis99
02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
:heart: Very nice. Can't wait to see the socks!

Sunshine's Mom
02-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks to all for loving my new sock yarn!!! I can't wait to get it. DH thinks I'm nutty to get all excited "over some string", but he can't help but laugh.

I'll post a pic when I'm done. A few other projects in line first. I'll probably just pet it for a while anyway :wink:

Re: Sockpixie

sockpixie.com

She makes these beautiful creations each week and posts them Sunday nights at 6:00pm for purchase. You have to act fast to get them. I feel lucky to have gotten one of the last remaining skeins. Please do yourself a favor and go to her site for a little drool-time - you won't regret it. :thumbsup:

knittingymnast
02-14-2008, 04:43 PM
simply gorgeous!

BetsyInSD
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Beautiful, inspiring colors! Please post your FO! :)

Koehnae
02-15-2008, 03:48 PM
The yarn is beautiful! Such bright, soft looking yarn. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

I'm so torn between buying the last of the hanks in the color you're getting or waiting until Sunday to see what comes up next. I'm so glad my fiance was taught knitting when he was young... he at least somewhat understands the obsession over "some string." :heart: Good thing with what seems like weekly shipments of yarn and knitting supplies showing up at our doorstep. Is it bad the UPS guys greet me by name? :p

knitgal
02-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Lovely! I'm interested to see what you think of sock yarn. I had been using just sock yarn and I started a pair of socks in worsted weight and the just went so much faster! I couldn't believe it. I started knitting socks in sock weight again and it felt like thread. I like sock yarn, but you can't beat the instant gratification of worsted weight.

Sunshine's Mom
02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Lovely! I'm interested to see what you think of sock yarn. I had been using just sock yarn and I started a pair of socks in worsted weight and the just went so much faster! I couldn't believe it. I started knitting socks in sock weight again and it felt like thread. I like sock yarn, but you can't beat the instant gratification of worsted weight.

That's the reason I wanted to try sock yarn - to see if I would like knitting on smaller needles and, the finished product, of course. I do love knitting socks with worsted weight too so I'll keep on it no matter what yarn I have. I'll let you know how I do.

P.S. - The yarn shipped today!!!!:woot:

Koehnae
02-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Hmmm... I should have bought the one yarn. Instead, I went back Sunday and bought three. Somebody stop me!

Seriously, thank you for linking to such a beautiful collection of yarn. I got the pink and purple ones for me. The brown is for my sister who requested socks with brown in them and followed with the words, "Surprise me!" Cashmere and merino in beautiful colors ought to surprise.

Now, hopefully, I can stay away from the site this next Sunday... :p

CognizantAmiga
02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
WOW!!! Beautiful! I want to bring some of that into my house just to hold!!!!:hug:

knitpurlgurl
02-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I knew how to knit socks now!!

Koehnae
02-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I knew how to knit socks now!!

Yarn is exactly teh reason I learned to knit socks. I kept seeing all the exciting and beautiful colors that sock yarn came in. I didn't want to do something boring like yet another hat or scarf, so I took a deep breath, walked into Hobby Lobby, and found a sock book. One sock in and I was thinking, "Wow, this isn't so bad at all!"

I'm hooked now. I love the quick gratification of socks, as I grow impatient with larger items. I also love the funky little touch of color to my wardrobe. I'm getting daily requests from friends and family who want their own pairs. I'm only too happy to provide! I've been turning the scraps into baby socks too, so the two pregnant mommies in my life will never have to worry about their little ones getting cold toes!

knitpurlgurl
02-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Yarn is exactly teh reason I learned to knit socks. I kept seeing all the exciting and beautiful colors that sock yarn came in. I didn't want to do something boring like yet another hat or scarf, so I took a deep breath, walked into Hobby Lobby, and found a sock book. One sock in and I was thinking, "Wow, this isn't so bad at all!"

I'm hooked now. I love the quick gratification of socks, as I grow impatient with larger items. I also love the funky little touch of color to my wardrobe. I'm getting daily requests from friends and family who want their own pairs. I'm only too happy to provide! I've been turning the scraps into baby socks too, so the two pregnant mommies in my life will never have to worry about their little ones getting cold toes!

That's so cool! Isn't it amazing how most knitters are attracted to starting projects because of the yarn? I like to think of us as yarnies!

Sunshine's Mom
02-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Earthwhispers,

Beautiful colors! Your welcome for letting you know about sockpixie. Enjoy making those socks!

princessbonniejane
02-19-2008, 02:23 PM
:muah: :knitting: :heart: Beautiful yarn. Hope you enjoy working with it ( If you don't send it to me )

Dangles
02-20-2008, 01:58 AM
What pretty colours, happy knitting :) :thumbsup:

Sunshine's Mom
02-20-2008, 10:21 AM
So, I received the yarn in yesterday's mail. It's beautiful and soft and all that good stuff........:cheering:

Now, I know that I have to wind it into a ball or cake before I use it. I've been to the tutorials that are on youtube and the one done on this site by Amy, but I'm still nervous that I'm going to mess that up somehow and wreck the yarn. But...you don't learn new things unless you try. I'm going to wait to wind it until I'm well-rested so I don't get frustrated. Also, going to wait until I've finished the socks that I'm working on. I've decided that I'm only going to have one project at a time this year. So far I'm doing pretty good. I've knit one scarf and 3 pairs of socks since the beginning of the year and am just about to finish the first sock of the pair I'm working on.

I've joined the 2008 Sock Pentathalon at Yahoo. Maybe I'll use the yarn for that. Has anyone else joined?