PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my brother.

yarnrainbow
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
A few days ago my brother was admitted to the hospital with chest pain. He's not very old (47) but he's put his body through a lot in his life. He's a vet (special forces) and during his time in the service, his job was very physical. His hearing is damaged from explosions, he suffered head injuries several times, etc. and he eventually left the service because he damaged his legs in a parachute jump. He's a very stoic kinda guy, doesn't complain or ask for help, but he's always there for everyone else. Now, he's in a bad way.

My brother is a such good guy...although he hasn't made much money at the job he took after the service (operating an appliance repair shop), he took it upon himself to pay for a car for our sister who has severe COPD and is raising her grandbabies, so she could get back and forth safely to the doctor, etc. He's always helped me with home repairs, organized a neighborhood watch for his neighborhood, watches out for and took care of his elderly neighbors, been a father to his nieces when their dad died, and now is a Pap-pa to his great nieces. A really good guy!!

The cardiologist said his heart isn't working right, something about the upper and lower chambers of his heart not beating correctly causing the blood not to be pumped out to the rest of the body. Apparently, at first his heartbeat was way too high (140-160 beats per minute) so they put him in the CICU and pushed a lot of meds to reduce the rate, then it dropped way too low (20-30 beats per minute). Now they can't keep it up. Apparently his heart has paused several times, especially when he tries to sleep. They've said he can't work anymore and he can't live alone anymore. They don't really know what they're going to do for him other than put him on something called beta blockers and send him home on oxygen.

The problem is, he's not married and doesn't have a roommate or anything. I've told him he can come and live with me...I have a little room that he can use as a bedroom and we can work out all the other details. But he's worried that he'll be a "burden" to me. he thinks because I'm in a wheelchair and have some health problems and a limited income, that his living with me will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I've tried telling him it won't be a problem, but he's just sure it will be.

We're going to try to get him on disability so he'll feel like he can contribute but he'll still need to live with someone. I'm really afraid he's going to do something foolish so he won't be a "burden". Please pray for him...for God to heal him physically and spiritually. Ask God to send us some help so he won't feel like he's going to be a burden. I'm not even sure what to ask for...just please pray for him! Thanks!

Darcia
02-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh Dear. Could the injuries he received be the cause of this heart trouble? Or has he always had it? I had a bf with 'SVT' his heart used to beat way to fast. But meds controlled it.

Praying for you and your brother that a solution to all concerns come soon with positive results.
:pray:

Jan in CA
02-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Thinking good thoughts for you all! :hug:

laptop_knitter
02-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Good thoughts coming your way!

PurlyGyrl
02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
:hug: to you and prayers to your brother.

dustinac
02-15-2008, 03:02 PM
:hug: Prayers for your brother and you...

sue in canada
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Sending positive and healing thoughts to you and your brother.

saracidaltendencies
02-15-2008, 04:15 PM
:hug:I hope everything work out for you all :hug:

knittingymnast
02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
:pray:

auburnchick
02-15-2008, 05:21 PM
:hug:

KnittingNat
02-15-2008, 05:40 PM
:hug:

angel4ever
02-15-2008, 06:16 PM
My prayers are with you and your brother. Things have a way of working themselves out. :hug: :hug:

Dangles
02-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh dear. :hug: Praying for you, your brother and family.

SusanAnn
02-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Sending my prayers and good thoughts:hug: ...you sound like a great sister and I hope that things work out well for you and your brother.

The.Knitter
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
:hug: :pray: :hug:

texas1107`
02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh no!
Honey, my prayers are with you and your brother!! God bless!

Lisa_H-Town
02-16-2008, 01:21 AM
He is blessed to have a sister like you, and hopefully he will see that you are offering because you love him and that's what siblings do for each other.... That's what siblings are supposed to do for each other, right?....

I will have you BOTH in my thoughts and prayers.

evona
02-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Sending good healthy thoughts and hugs your and your brother's way :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Doodknitwit
02-16-2008, 02:13 AM
what a loving family you both have in one another!! I pray for your health and his!! :hug:

IndianPrincessSIP
02-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Lord,
In your word you said that Anything we ask in your name you would do.
Sounds to me like you gave this man a heart of love. His example of selflessness has touched many and he is well loved for the love that he has freely given.
We hold him up to you and ask that you heal him from the top of his head to the soles of his feet.
His sister titled this thread Please Pray For My Brother. I stand in agreement with her and the others that have posted.
We ask for your work to be accomplished in this family. That they be touched here and now with your mercy and peace and that you heal hurting and frightened hearts.
In Jesus' Name We Pray
Amen

DQ
02-16-2008, 05:29 AM
:hug: for you both

NC Girl
02-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers to both you and your brother.

CBH

Jen17
02-16-2008, 08:34 AM
:pray: Said a prayer for you both and sending a hug:hug:

Jen:knitting:

gingerbread
02-18-2008, 12:23 PM
:hug:sending you all the hugs for you and your brother. May it all work out for the good.:hug:

nonny2t
02-18-2008, 01:27 PM
On the positive side, find a Va hospital close to you where he can get free medical care since he is a vet. If he retired from the military, he can be on Tricare and go to a regular physician. He needs to apply for SS disablitiy asap too so he can have some income.

I would just let him know how much you love him and kind of pump up the fact that you would love having his company all the time.

Beta-blockers improve the heart's ability to relax, decrease the production of harmful substances produced by the body in response to heart failure and slow the heart rate. Over time, beta-blockers improve the heart's pumping ability. (from WebMD) This will help him have better ability to breathe along with the oxygen.

My prayers are with you!:hug: