PDA

View Full Version : FO Sock #1 of My "Mexican Coloured" Socks

The.Knitter
02-17-2008, 04:03 AM
2:30 a.m. I am finished sock #1 of my "mexican coloured" socks. They fit nicely. I don't like the colours at all. There was some pooling of the red colour at the front of the sock from where I knit the heel flap, but I am told that when using verigated yarn this happens sometimes. The laddering is very apparent to me when I have the sock on. I am hoping washing will fix this problem. I have been assured that it will. It would probably not be apparent to anyone that did not know what to look for.

I don't think I would buy Cascade Fixation again as the material seems a bit coarse to me. Perhaps they will soften up when the socks are washed. I hope they do. I would hate to think I wasted $8.00 a skein on sock yarn for socks that don't feel soft and comfortable when you are wearing them. I bought four skeins because the sales clerk said two was not enough and then I only used one ball for this sock. I will be stuck with two extra skeins of yarn when my socks are finished. It is not likely that I will make a second pair of socks with this yarn.

Maybe I will CO for #2 later today.

Sorry the pictures are a little bit fuzzy, but I am tired and could not hold my foot still.

Debkcs
02-17-2008, 04:13 AM
Well, TK, it is very nice. You'll probably like it better when the other one is done and you can wash them.

Will your LYS take back the unused yarn? Mine does and I think all should, after all, she told you that you would need more than one skein. You could call to find out.

ritaw
02-17-2008, 08:56 AM
It is lovely:) There is no stopping you now. Your needles are on fire lol !!

tarrentella
02-17-2008, 09:20 AM
i see why you all them mexican coloured socks ... what a great set of colours for the yarn.
i havnt used that yarn myself so i dont know what the texture is like but i do know that sometimes blocking and a gentle hand wash soften things up, especially if the fibres have been roughed up through handling when knitting.

nonny2t
02-17-2008, 09:22 AM
They look terrific!

mwhite
02-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I like those and they way you took the picture, makes it look like you actually have both socks! LOL! Great photography, too! ;) ;)

Knitting_Guy
02-17-2008, 10:05 AM
They look good to me.

GiddyKnitter
02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Fabulous socks x

sue in canada
02-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Looks great. Hopefully you will be able to return the unused yarn.

ah
02-17-2008, 11:50 AM
It looks great! I hope you like the yarn better after washing.

dustinac
02-17-2008, 11:52 AM
:hug: I'm sorry you don't like your socks...I would try to get the money back for the other 2 balls of yarn...I'm not sure why she had you buy 4...hopefully after a washing you will like them better...:thumbsup:

KnittingNat
02-17-2008, 01:51 PM
The.Knitter - the socks look great :thumbsup:

Lieke
02-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, I can tell, cascade fixations doesn't soften up in the wash, but when wearing, it'll get a bit softer. The more you wear them, the better it gets. (but you have to be willing to go through that)

But I'm going to swap the 2 left-overballs with the.knitter. I can't find fixations here in the Netherlands, so I'm always happy to swap that yarn.

Indygirl
02-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Well, I can tell, cascade fixations doesn't soften up in the wash, but when wearing, it'll get a bit softer. The more you wear them, the better it gets. (but you have to be willing to go through that)

But I'm going to swap the 2 left-overballs with the.knitter. I can't find fixations here in the Netherlands, so I'm always happy to swap that yarn. That;s very thoughtful of you. Hope you enjoy knitting yours. I couldn't really see the color's good on my computer. I'm knitting some fixation socks also.

Indygirl
02-18-2008, 07:42 AM
The.Knitter, I'm sorry you don't like your sock's :hug: I hope you do knit the other one :wink: I was wondering about the feel of the socks after we were finished with them. I have knit some socks that felt kinda graining on my feet. That's a bummer and I have all that fixation yarn stashed :??

MerigoldinWA
02-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Or they could be Christmas socks. LOL You did a nice job. I used some Treking (or is it Trekking [sp?]) for socks and I thought it was stiff, but the recipent loved them.

babsnelson
02-18-2008, 04:21 PM
They look lovely to me. I know what you mean about the pooling though. I hate that! I hope they wash up nice and cozy for you.

ArtLady1981
02-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Wonderful work, Knitter!!! I love your sock! :thumbsup: Love the colors!!
I love warm earth colors!!!