PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best LYS in Nashville area

CognizantAmiga
02-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I am ecstatic that I will be going to Nashville in a couple of weeks with my sweet hubby. I will be free of responsibilities for a full two days! One of the things I would like to do is find a yarn shop. :blush: I have never been in one at all! SO --- I would like to know which one is the best for me to try. (Also looking for a good local coffee shop if anyone has a suggestion!) Anyway-- thanks for reading if you have. I am just elated at the idea:happydance: :happydance:

medic777
02-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Try the Haus of Yarn. They are very nice people and have a hugh inventory :cheering: They are located at 73 White Bridge Road. Good luck and welcome to Nashville. :woot: :woot: :woot:

marlajap
02-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Amiga - I've been to 3 LYS in the N'ville area, all recently. They are Haus of Yarn (just this past week), Threaded Bliss (several times) and Angel Hair Yarns (once). I like Threaded Bliss best, even though they are the smallest. They have a nice inventory, and although they do have the requisite full wall of Cascade 220 and bunches of sock yarn, they also have a pretty good selection of non-wool yarns and their prices are just a tiny bit lower than Haus. They are also very nice and really friendly. I've only been in there perhaps 8 or so times, but they remember me and recall that I'm allergic to wool, therefore steering me to the new stock that I will enjoy the most. If you are here on a Thursday evening, they do have a sit and knit from 5-8 each week, but, like most LYS, they welcome you to bring in your knitting anytime and sit a while.

Threaded Bliss (http://www.threadedblissyarns.com) is at 127 Franklin Road in Brentwood, which is just south of Nashville. They open at 10:30 Tue-Sat, are closed on Mondays, and will be closing on Sundays, too, starting in March. PM me here or on Ravelry if you want directions from I-65 South.

Sadly, I don't drink coffee, so I'm not a lot of help there!! :)