PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail and Ravelry

knittintexas
02-18-2008, 01:08 AM
So after waiting about less than two weeks, I checked on ravelry and it said that they sent me an invite to my e-mail which a hotmail account....I checked my e-mail...no invite. I sent a question to ravelry explaning that I did not recieve an invite..they told me to add them as a contact....which I did..and wait 24 hours. They also told me that if I have an alternate e-mail other than hotmail or msn to send them that one..so it can be fowarded to my hotmail...which I don't. Anyone else have this problem??

Krystal
02-18-2008, 01:12 AM
mmm No i haven't had this issue. Have you checked your junk mail and/or do you have any filters set up?

brendajos
02-18-2008, 01:21 AM
if you can't find the e-mail in your hotmail you can always create a new e-mail account specifically for that purpose. It would be a pain i suppose but if hotmail can't deliver it may be your only option. I don't usually have too much trouble with getting e-mails to my free yahoo account.

I find that hotmail is terrrrrrrrrribly slow in delivering email. :wall:

Jan in CA
02-18-2008, 01:24 AM
I didn't have trouble with my Yahoo account. Bummer that hotmail is acting up!

knitncook
02-18-2008, 09:37 AM
I didn't have any problems with my google account. I love gmail!

knitgal
02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
When I received my Ravelry invite it was in my junkmail (on hotmail). In fact, I had about 3 invites in there!

knittintexas
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks for your imput. I have added ravelry as a contact, so waiting to see if that helps...if not I will have them foward to my hubby's yahoo account...hope I can get in soon! I have been so antsy.......

cristeen
02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Hotmail and Yahoo mail are notorious for marking things spam that aren't. They've been known to mark entire domains as spam. I have a web based email address, and I cannot send email to a particular friend who uses Yahoo from that account because she will never see it. I have to log out and use a different account just for that one person.

Knitting_Guy
02-19-2008, 08:55 PM
You should check your junk folder daily because Hotmail does send stuff there that it shouldn't.

Sandi
02-22-2008, 01:07 AM
My invite went to my junkmail on Hotmail because I forgot to put it on the OK list.
Since then no problems......