PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever made this baby blanket?

austingirl
02-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Nine-Block baby blanket (http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5337324,00.html) from Lily Chen when she was on Knitty Gritty? It looks gorgeous, but pretty complicated. I'm afraid I might get in over my head.

Abbily
02-18-2008, 01:22 PM
I've never made it, sorry... just wanted to say "hi" and welcome, from another Austin girl! The blanket doesn't look too hard, but if you've never done cables before, that's something you'd have to learn. It's not hard, though.

suzeeq
02-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Nothing's very hard as long as you knit it one stitch and one row at a time. And if it doesn't come out right, start over.

austingirl
02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks! I've done cables. I'm a little worried about the double-sided blocks. But you're right, I guess if I just pay attention it shouldn't be too bad.

Where are you at in Austin? We just bought a house in Cedar Park -- can't afford property in Austin yet!

Abbily
02-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm in North Austin, off Braker. No kidding, Austin is getting so expensive! We bought our house nearly 10 years ago... and there is no way we'd be able to afford it if we were buying it now. :P

I don't think there's anything inherently more difficult about double-sided blocks. I'd have to go back and look at the pattern again, I guess, but they weren't 'double-knitted' I think, they were just knitted in such a way as to be reversible, right? That's just a matter of how the knits and purls are arranged.