PDA

View Full Version : ODDBALL BlANKET KNITTERS...QUESTION!

snowbear
02-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I posted this on one of the threads, but no replys.

So here is the question.

When should I deliver the blankets. Should I wait for 10, 20 what. We have several, ( lots) of regular & premie in the works.

I just want the group to decide when I should donate these wonderful blankets!

MAmaDawn
02-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me.... as long as you take pics when you take them.... ;)

auburnchick
02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
It doesn't matter to me either. The most important thing is that they be used. They aren't doing much good right now...just sitting there...

I would say to just do what is more convenient for you.

:hug:

BTW, how many blankets do you have right now?

Nikkilc
02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Don't mind either as long as there are pictures

HollyP
02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't mind either way. Do what ever is most convenient for you. While I was working on the Dreamy Blue blanket I starting to think about the baby that would someday receive it. I wondered who he would be and what it would mean to his parents that complete strangers joined together to make something for their son. I said a prayer for them. While I was praying I really felt that the baby who needed this blanket would get it and it really wasn't something we could control.

Please post pictures!!!

snowbear
02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
How does any blanket received before Easter go to the hospital. Then maybe either Memorial Day or Flag day. That gives us a bit more time, and it goes by a few months apart...

GiddyKnitter
02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Sounds good to me....Can't wait to see pics x

DQ
02-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Whatever is convenient for you is fine by me :hug:

Nikkilc
02-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Sounds good to me too:p

mom2hancj
02-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Where do you take them? (I am sure this is posted somewhere...sorry if I have missed it) I am doing the 40 hats for 40 days of lent and was wondering if they could use the hats I make as well? The hospital here doesn't have preemies and don't deliver babies too often. If so, I will get your addy when I get closer to being done and send those your way as well if you don't mind.

GiddyKnitter
02-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Where do you take them? (I am sure this is posted somewhere...sorry if I have missed it) I am doing the 40 hats for 40 days of lent and was wondering if they could use the hats I make as well? The hospital here doesn't have preemies and don't deliver babies too often. If so, I will get your addy when I get closer to being done and send those your way as well if you don't mind.

What a lovely gesture xx:grphug:

Doodknitwit
02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me.... as long as you take pics when you take them.... ;)

ditto!!!:blooby:

Shandeh
02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
I believe they are taken to the Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri.
http://www.childrensmercy.org/

snowbear
02-19-2008, 10:31 PM
They would love the hats as well. The have premie premies, and could use any hats you wish to send. I'll be sure and take pics of blankets & the hats!
:hug:

mom2hancj
02-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Awesome Snowbear! I will work some up and send some to you in time for you to take at Easter. The rest I will send after and you can take them next time. Thanks!

gmmarton
02-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I will also make some premie hats for you. It will be a nice change of pace for me.

Thank you for being the inspiration behind these baby blankets. I am delighted to have helped out with the process, and look forward to working on more baby blankets.

Gail M.
CT

snowbear
02-20-2008, 08:59 PM
:aww:

I only followed a great leader.. Shandeh. It was her idea that I "borrowed" to start. I had some major health issues and had to bow out of the leadership, She resurrected this idea and has been the major ringmaster behind it all. She is awesome, as a leader, and as a person!

Shandeh
02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Aw, how sweet!

Actually, I've never really considered myself to be a leader. I'm just an organization freak. :teehee: