3. a beautiful woodpecker, having an early dinner

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/nancy7771/tulipsnotopened.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/nancy7771/azaleas.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/nancy7771/woodpecker2.jpg

:muah:

NC Girl
02-19-2008, 06:18 PM
How pretty! Thank you for posting!

I just went outside and took a picture of our first daffodil. Spring is on the way! :woohoo:

CBH

stitchwitch
02-19-2008, 08:04 PM
The woodpecker looks like the one that has made her nest in our oak tree. Boy are those kids loud and they never shut up! Poor Mama. :roflhard:

mks22300
02-19-2008, 08:50 PM
So envious!

sue in canada
02-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Beautiful pictures. Can't wait for spring, I am so tired of the cold and snow

get_her_donne
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Mmhm now I can't wait for spring to get here! I love those perfect days sitting on the roof, basking in the sun, sniffing the spring-ful breeze, and reading some mellow book like My Antonia =)
Thanks for the lovely photos!

Sunshine's Mom
02-20-2008, 11:23 AM
It was 54 degrees here on Monday and it was WONDERFUL! Today it's 26. Boo Hiss!! Can't wait for spring.

Almost there, one day at a time....Almost there, one day at a time....Almost there, one day at a time...OHM!

mwhite
02-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Love these and I'm SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO ready! We have tons of daffs blooming, a few crocus and hyacinths coming up! Actually got to play in the dirt this past Sunday.

Knitting_Guy
02-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Nice.

photolady
02-20-2008, 01:32 PM
How pretty! Thank you for posting!

I just went outside and took a picture of our first daffodil. Spring is on the way! :woohoo:

CBH

Daffodils are pretty! Thanks for the comp.

photolady
02-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Love these and I'm SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO ready! We have tons of daffs blooming, a few crocus and hyacinths coming up! Actually got to play in the dirt this past Sunday.

I love hyacinths, smell so good! I love to plant things. Playing in the dirt IS fun!

get_her_donne
02-20-2008, 01:34 PM
It was 54 degrees here on Monday and it was WONDERFUL! Today it's 26. Boo Hiss!! Can't wait for spring.

Almost there, one day at a time....Almost there, one day at a time....Almost there, one day at a time...OHM!

54 degrees? That's spring temperatures in NY? Brrr...;)

photolady
02-20-2008, 01:34 PM
The woodpecker looks like the one that has made her nest in our oak tree. Boy are those kids loud and they never shut up! Poor Mama. :roflhard:

Ha ha! They make a chirrupping sound, when coming in for a landing. They LOVE planter's peanuts, too! Wolf them down!

Some woodpecker was drumming the metal pole here, this morning. Must be getting ready to mate. He's staking out his territory.

photolady
02-20-2008, 01:36 PM
When the tulips bloom, I'll post the photos. they should be bright and cheerfully colored.

plumbago, candytuft, lantana,tulips,
wildflower mix, phlox, red sunflowers,

ornamental gourds,

potatoes, tomatoes, rosemary,

eggplant, small peppers, and big

yellow peppers

That's what I'm growing this year. Already
potted and growing.

stitchwitch
02-20-2008, 03:48 PM
*runs off to raid Photolady's garden.........
:roflhard:
Hey wait, how the heck did you get tulips to bloom here????????

photolady
02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
*runs off to raid Photolady's garden.........
:roflhard:
Hey wait, how the heck did you get tulips to bloom here????????

I keep em in pots, and bag them up, until next year. All that.

If your garden has poor soil the bulbs should be fed after blooming, when they are storing food for the following seasonís growth. Feed the plants with a liquid or granular balanced fertiliser and continue to water in dry conditions until the leaves begin to die off naturally. This may take about two or three months.

After flowers have finished, cut off the spent flower stems but do not cut back the foliage. If you cut off the leaves before they died down naturally, the bulb will not have the reserves to grow and flower the following season.

Some bulbs are not winter hardy, hence in cold climates those bulbs should be lifted and stored to be used the next season. The bulbs can be stored in a paper bag. You should store them in a dark, cool and dry place that is well ventilated. Make sure that the temperature is constant. Periodic inspections should be made and any bulbs showing signs of mildew or rotting removed. Shaking the bulbs in a plastic sack with a little fungicide is a good measure of prevention. All physically damaged bulbs should be discarded.

cookworm
02-23-2008, 11:22 AM
<swoon> Those are GREAT pics! Here in the midwest, there's no sign of spring ANYWHERE!!!!:verysad: Usually by now, there's at least a little warm up (30's or 40's), but even that isn't anywhere in sight where I am. I'm pretty sick of the snow and cold, so these pictures really are a welcome sight. Thanks for posting!

bethany
02-24-2008, 08:08 AM
so pretty! Thanks! I'm getting false spring hope here, its been sunny for 2 straight days and the snow is thinning out here, saw a glimmer of grass under some spots!...but I know better. We should have another good one or 3 storms coming...like that one starting in CA today...

photolady
02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
I thought these was especially pretty, the dewdrops on the flowers I have, and wanted to share this thing of beauty with you all:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/nancy7771/raindropsontrumpets.jpg

and, a nice close-up of the tiny world of a dewdrop:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/nancy7771/raindropclose.jpg

photolady
02-25-2008, 04:35 PM
so pretty! Thanks! I'm getting false spring hope here, its been sunny for 2 straight days and the snow is thinning out here, saw a glimmer of grass under some spots!...but I know better. We should have another good one or 3 storms coming...like that one starting in CA today...

I hope the bad weather misses your area, and the spring thaw comes soon.

I hope you have beautiful, colorful flowers and perfumy blossoms in your yard this year.

I have some ginger plants, and those smell luscious, during the summer.

Eccie
02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Beautiful pictures. I've had the windows open all day letting the house air a bit and the birds have bee spinging their little birdy butts off. I can't wait til spring!