PDA

View Full Version : Biscuit Tins and other Bodges

Limey
02-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi

A few days ago, I put a post about Pattern Tamers - magnetic strips to help follow the lines on patterns.

I bought four different sized magnetic strips and planned on looking for a magnetic board to go with them.

I was clearing up my work bench, putting some bead packets into an empty biscuit tin, when I picked up the lid ....

Don't need to buy a magnetic board now - the lid is very shallow at the sides, so it slipped under the pattern page in the book no problem and the magnetic strips worked a treat.

A bodge? A bodged job usually means a messed up piece of repair work but for some reason, I like to call it 'Getting summat for nowt'.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a magnetic board - check for empty tins lying about the place first. The tin I was using was left over from Christmas goodies.

Anyone else knows of other 'bodges', do tell.

Cheers

Ellie
http://countonknit.com

Ingrid
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
That is a terrific idea!!!:thumbsup:

willowangel
02-20-2008, 11:40 PM
I use metal baking trays - they're great, and you can cover them with pretty fabric :-)

Limey
02-21-2008, 05:00 AM
I use metal baking trays - they're great, and you can cover them with pretty fabric :-)

Hi

WHAT a BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

Thanks so much for posting - (and no, I'm not going to make any jokes about you being from Scotland!!) :teehee:

TOP BODGER!!!

All the Best

Ellie

DQ
02-21-2008, 06:09 AM
Someone on here (I can't remember who) once recommended using an empty Pringles tube to store needles, so I do :mrgreen:

Limey
02-21-2008, 06:45 AM
Someone on here (I can't remember who) once recommended using an empty Pringles tube to store needles, so I do :mrgreen:

Mornin' Jen

Another Top Bodge! - maybe by the end of the day we'll have enough bits and bobs on here to make the Wombles look like wastrels. :teehee:

Thanks very much for posting!

Ellie

PS - You're puppy is still in peril - Knitalongs!

Eccie
02-21-2008, 08:19 AM

I do too. I wrote the size number on each of the ends of the bamboo straight needles so I can tell what size they are while they're standing up, course it's a little harder with the DPNs. Maybe one say I'll get around to decorating my can :P

Limey
02-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I do too. I wrote the size number on each of the ends of the bamboo straight needles so I can tell what size they are while they're standing up, course it's a little harder with the DPNs. Maybe one say I'll get around to decorating my can :P

Hiya Eccie

Marking bamboo needles? Wow - that must save some time, not to say, ANGST!!!

What is it you use to mark them with? Felt tip? or .......?

Thanks very much for posting - could you please fill in the blank because this has all the makings of a :star::star::star::star::star: Bodge.

Yours, Bodging About

Ellie

http://www.countonknit.com

Eccie
02-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Hiya Eccie

Marking bamboo needles? Wow - that must save some time, not to say, ANGST!!!

What is it you use to mark them with? Felt tip? or .......?

Thanks very much for posting - could you please fill in the blank because this has all the makings of a :star::star::star::star::star: Bodge.

Yours, Bodging About

Ellie

I sed a fine point permanent marker, a Sharpie to be exact. It worked really well, some of the ones I use most are starting to fade a little but they're still legible and I can always go in a re touch them later.

ritaw
02-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Brilliant idea Ellie :) Will have to give it a try.
What flavour pringles ? LOL

Limey
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Brilliant idea Ellie :) Will have to give it a try.
What flabour pringles ? LOL

Hiya Rita

What flavour? Hmmm - dunno really, but I think you should check them all out, especially if someone wants to decorate one of the tins - I mean to say, I know it's a sacrifice but someone has to do the market research on this.:teehee:

Ellie