PDA

View Full Version : Knit the knits and purl the purls

psquidy
02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
So my pattern states that every alt row you knit the knits and purl the purls. The previous round however is full of Y.O's what do i do with those? I was knitting them but I think that I maybe should have purled them? What do you guys think?

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/baby.html

That's the pattern if it helps anyone. I'm only four rows in. So if i have done it wrong should I start over or just cut my losses and keep going? THANK YOU!!!:woot:

MMario
02-22-2008, 09:45 AM
I think as long as you are consistent it won't matter that much. My inclination would be to purl them, but knitting them would work. Again, the most important thing is to do it consistantly.

psquidy
02-22-2008, 11:34 AM
That's what I was thinking too. I think i'll start purling them on the next row. The part i've already done is so close to the cast on I don't think it'll be noticable. What do you think?

MMario
02-22-2008, 02:01 PM
sounds like a plan

Debkcs
02-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Psquidy, would you let us know how that turns out? I'd like to know because I think just purling the row will make the pattern a lot different than what is pictured. I'm always curious.

Marni
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM
My guess for would be to purl the yo's in the panel part of the pattern since in all the odd rows the yo falls between knitted stitches which when you turn your work look like purls facing you. Of course this is just my logical hunch.

Row 2 and all even rows: Knit the knit stitches and purl the purl stitches as they face you.

Row 3: K2, yarn over (yo), k1, p2, p2 together (tog), k1, p4, k1, p4, k1, p 2 tog, p2, k1, yo, k2