PDA

View Full Version : Can I pleeeease brag a little?

Silver
02-22-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm just so proud! :cheering:

My son, who's 16, is a piano major at his high school for the arts. This was an assignment in his recording class.

Dream of the Forgotten Child (http://www.cometosilver.com/dreamchild.mp3). Composed by David Lanz, arranged by Taylor Bellehumeur.

What you hear are several different ďvoicesĒ on the electric piano, which he played separately and combined to make this arrangement. He, admittedly, has some minor timing flaws in it, but I canít help but hear perfection. Iím a proud momma! :inlove:

Knitting_Guy
02-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Well done. :thumbsup:

nonny2t
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh Kristen, it is exquisite! Please convey how lovely we think it sounds and what a wonderful job he did laying the tracks. You have a right to be proud. Just wait until you are a grandparent and go to recitals, it gets even better if you can imagine.

mimi
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
He is gifted, and how lucky he is to find something so early in life which he excels at. I know he will continue to bring you such pride.

Ronda
02-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Just beautiful!!

PCwombat
02-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow, that was so lovely. Tell him he did such a great job!

mwhite
02-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Very nicely done! You have a right to brag on such a talented child!
Bravo! :yay: :yay: :yay:

A wonderful concert to enjoy my morning coffee with!

GinnyG
02-22-2008, 11:03 AM
THAT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KnitWit1987
02-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Wow that is fantastic! What talent! :cheering: :yay:

laptop_knitter
02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
That's so beautiful! Such talent at his age - he'll go far.

photolady
02-22-2008, 11:19 AM
How beautiful ! Don't we, as mothers, sometimes feel in awe of the
talents our children have?
Musical talent is a gift your child can give to others, to uplift them and
bring them much pleasure. He will have this God given talent all his life.

When he was a child, did he prefer listening to music,or dancing to a beat? How did this talent manifest itself in your child, at an early age?

Some children show their natural ability as TODDLERS, as in being extremely agile, or able to perform athletic stunts easily, or, seem to be compelled to take things apart, just to see how they work.

mwhite
02-22-2008, 11:25 AM
How beautiful ! Don't we, as mothers, sometimes feel in awe of the
talents our children have?
Musical talent is a gift your child can give to others, to uplift them and
bring them much pleasure. He will have this God given talent all his life.

When he was a child, did he prefer listening to music,or dancing to a beat? How did this talent manifest itself in your child, at an early age?

Some children show their natural ability as TODDLERS, as in being extremely agile, or able to perform athletic stunts easily, or, seem to be compelled to take things apart, just to see how they work.

Thanks for this post, Photolady! I am fortunate enough to have two, wonderful children and both have developed their talents. One is in training as a Nurse, the other is a Mechanic. I do remember the disassembled toys and the rag on the forehead "patient". LOL! :teehee: Mary

Silver
02-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks everyone! :muah:

Taylor has been taking piano lessons since he was 6 years old and his talent and skill is the result of many, many, many hours of hard work and dedication. It's such a joy and honor to be able to have him play in the background as I do housework, knit or sew. He has a keyboard and an electric grand in his room, so when he's learning a new song or just practicing, he's in there with headphones. I rarely even hear a song until he's got it down pat and he comes to play on the big piano in the livingroom. So it always seems like he's just perfect the first time. lol :heart:

stitchwitch
02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm always envious of those with musical talent as I have none. Congrats to your son and congrats to you and dad. How lucky you are!:cheering:

dustinac
02-22-2008, 12:47 PM
:yay: How beautiful!

kellee0302
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I enjoyed listening to this, it is so relaxing. You have every right to be proud, it is wonderful:happydance: :yay:

sylvia
02-22-2008, 01:22 PM
brag away
just beautiful
sylvia:cheering:

NC Girl
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
That was just beautiful! :yay:

Charlotte

Doodknitwit
02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
divine talent!!!

Jan in CA
02-22-2008, 02:24 PM
This is incredibly beautiful! :inlove: Does he write music as well? Let us know when that first CD comes out!

Silver
02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
This is incredibly beautiful! :inlove: Does he write music as well? Let us know when that first CD comes out!
He plays around with composing, but hasn't really written anything yet other than a few melodies. In time... :)

DQ
02-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Ooooooooh that is beautiful! :heart::heart::heart: I think you should brag a lot, you have a very talented son :yay:

photolady
02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for this post, Photolady! I am fortunate enough to have two, wonderful children and both have developed their talents. One is in training as a Nurse, the other is a Mechanic. I do remember the disassembled toys and the rag on the forehead "patient". LOL! :teehee: Mary

Isn't that funny how each human being already possesses a talent or 2?
And, how it shows up EARLY!

I remember reading an article about people who have a genetic predisposition towards being athletic, and LOVING to jog, run, etc.
I know I didn't get THAT gene!
:)

My older daughter is a registered nurse, and my younger daughter runs her dad's business, and does it VERY well. I never thought she would be one to balance books and keep it all organized and profitable.
2 of my grandkids are in gifted classes at school, and one excels at sports.
Just amazing at the genetic combinations that come down the tube, so to speak, isn't it?;)

Doublereeder2
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
That was beautiful. And yes, (from a professional musician's view) it takes hours and hours and hours and hours - I could keep going -of practice, dedication and determination to get good. Please tell him good work!

sue in canada
02-22-2008, 04:34 PM
That is beautiful, what a talented young man you have there. You must be very proud.

Silver
02-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Thank you everyone!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Taylor will be so proud! :hug:

Sanibelle
02-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow - your son is so talented. Does he plan on doing something in the music field when he gets older?

knittingymnast
02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
My mom is a professional pianist. sounds a little like her playing. that is awesome! you can tell him we all say so!

Silver
02-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow - your son is so talented. Does he plan on doing something in the music field when he gets older?
Yep. He wants to be a professional pianist, but that's all he knows right now. ;)

saracidaltendencies
02-22-2008, 06:07 PM
What a beautiful song and a very talented son!

ArtLady1981
02-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Absolutely Heavenly!

I saved the link to my Bookmarks, and then drag/dropped it into my Hot Links bar!

I plan to listen to it in the background as I work on my 'puter everyday!!

It has a very uplifting quality! Soothing to the Soul!
It brings visions of paradise to mind!

NOTE: how could I save it to my iTunes player, or Quick Time player, or my Windows Media Player? I'd like to be able to play it on a continuous loop. Instead, I have to restart it every XX minutes.

I like it that much.

Silver
02-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Dollyce, you can right click on the link and choose "Save Link As" to download it to your computer. Then while in iTunes, you can import the file and play it over and over. :muah:

bethany
02-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Fantastic! You should be proud. He did a great job. Music to knit by....

Chikky
02-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Ah, such a gift he has. Wonderful job. He and you have a right to be proud.

The.Knitter
02-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Excellent! Wow, what a talent in someone so young.

Debkcs
02-23-2008, 03:38 AM
And proud you should be! I'm so amazed at his talent. I'm going to save it also.

I still think you are too young looking to have a 16 y.o. ~~~

momwolf
02-23-2008, 10:48 AM
WOW I could just see that forgotten child.Brought tears to my eyes.Very moving song.
Lovely just lovely.:cheering::cheering::cheering:

gingerbread
02-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Same here Silver it brought tears to my eyes. He is very talented young man. I say brag on dear Mom. :waving:

mks22300
02-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Just beautiful! :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Sil, I just listened to this... WOW!