PDA

View Full Version : Attention Plus-Sizers!

knittingymnast
02-23-2008, 02:22 PM
I found this Plus-Sized Pattern Website on Shandeh's signature. Here it is. :hug:

http://knittingplus.blogspot.com/

feministmama
02-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Why is this rude? :?? I thought it was a great website. Thanks for posting it :waving:

Pagan Princess
02-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I think it's great. Thanks

brittyknits
02-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Not rude in the least!!! Fabulous resource, and I've book-marked it for future reference. Thanks so much for posting this!!!

knittingymnast
02-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Sometimes people get offended when they hear a freakishly skinny person say "plus-sized". I didn't want to offend anyone.

nonny2t
02-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Honey, I am an obese woman and anyone who finds someplace that has patterns that might fit me is sure not rude in my opinion. I think you are kind and sweet to have shared it for those of us who either have to try and adjust regular size patterns and have poor results a lot of the times or not find a pattern at all. Thank you for your contribution!:hug:

Look at it this way sweety, to me you aren't a freakily skinny person, the most I can say about you to pidgeonhole you is you are a voracious knitter! :rofl: Maybe if more of this world would take my suggestion and use our hobbies to describe us and not by our race, size, religion or such, we wouldn't have so many people killing each other or themselves, right???:cheering:

PS: I too bookmarked it!

brittyknits
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM
You are so sweet to be senstive to this, but "plus sized" if fine. Now, if you said, "hey all you fatties", that might have been a problem :rofl: You are so generous to provide us "plus sizers" with this link, and we all give you a great big :hug: for it! (And we'll be gentle since you're freakishly skinny!:) ) I think the only jealously over your body size around here, is that you probably can make the same sweater but only spend 1/2 as much on the yarn:) .

Quiltlady
02-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow..that sure has a ton of sights with many beautiful patterns. Thanks for sharing.:muah:

nonny2t
02-24-2008, 07:12 AM
I think the only jealously over your body size around here, is that you probably can make the same sweater but only spend 1/2 as much on the yarn:) .

Amen sister!:teehee:

bip
02-24-2008, 12:09 PM
We can't tell you are freakishly skinny on the internet! :)

Chel
02-25-2008, 10:04 AM
and you can't tell I'm a plus sizer!!!! *covertly bookmarks*

cheesiesmom
02-26-2008, 03:25 PM
I am a plus-size too; however, I prefer the term "Rubenesque.":rofl:

jacquiw
02-27-2008, 02:51 AM
I agree with NonnyTs post it was very sweet of you to share. I to am an obese woman I unfortunately don't knit but crochet. Still I have bookmarked the sightfor future reference.Thanks

knittingymnast
06-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Bump! Sorry, I just want everyone to be able to see the site URL if they want.... :)

knitpurlgurl
06-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the site! I'm a plus sized lady (I like big girl) and appreciate patterns that fit! I wish I were smaller, but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon... So, I wasn't offended, just appreciative. :)

becjo
06-16-2008, 03:27 PM
AWESOME - thanks for that find! I bookmarked it right away!

susi
06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
oh ih ave been hunting for nice pluss size for my mum, thank you thank you thank you.

i have been searching for a year pluss to find something she likes. there are a few things on theer i know she will love so i can now make her one and not tell her until its done.

susi

GirlChris
06-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check that site out. I have never knit clothes for myself because I figured it would take forever. LOL

But like that song "I'm so much cooler on-line" For you ladies and gentelmen I could be whatever sz and who'd know.

I liked the idea of talking about people by their hobbies and hten we wouldn't be souch a prejudice society. But we are fooling ourselves if we were all physical carbon copies then it's be the knitters ve the crocheters vs the scrapbookers vs the gardeners etc etc. :wink:

mathwizard
06-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the link!!! I am in that size group and have friends who are also. If you ever find a crochet link like that please let me know as I have some friends who only crochet and don't want to knit.:cheering:

Shewhoknits
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi all you delightful plus sizers. I have just found some darling patterns in Big Girl Knits #2. some of the knitters on Ravelry have already started them so you even get to see them started or finished.

there are 3 at least to die for.

Try your library to see if they have a copy. I did and they do.:muah:

cookworm
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Thank you for sharing this link--it's great!!!!

knittingymnast
04-21-2009, 06:43 PM
OK this is the LAST time. Bump!! No more after this. :)

WandaT
04-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks!! GREAT link!!!