PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU want to see!

katiebug081504
02-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm in the process of designing a summer accessories bag (hoping to get it published!) for carrying sunscreen, chapstick, sunglasses, etc.
I am planning on making a few different versions of it, each with a different pattern stitch. I bought 3 hanks of the yarn, planning to use it all on one bag, but it turns out I only need 1 hank per bag.
As a knitter, if a pattern has different versions, would you rather see those in different colors, or do you not care? Please help!! I can go back to the yarn store Monday if I need to get new colors!

katiebug081504
02-23-2008, 11:45 PM
anyone??

The.Knitter
02-24-2008, 12:24 AM
IMHO if the pattern is "busy" I think I'd prefer it in one colour. If it is a plain bag, perhaps the colours would dress it up a bit, but I don't think a tote bag needs to be more than one colour.

Debkcs
02-24-2008, 12:43 AM
I like different colors, as well as all of one. Just depends on what the pattern is, how busy it is. I'll be buying yarn for a Booga Bag soon (I keep promising myself) but if you post yours first, I'll give it a try.

Do you need any testers?

marlajap
02-24-2008, 12:43 AM
If the pattern is going to have variations, I think that stitches and styling are more important than the color of the yarn. I would want to see variations in size for that type of bag - for instance, a woman going to the beach alone would need a smaller bag than a mother with young children. My kids are older, but I clearly recall that going anywhere with them when they were little was an expedition, replete with packing time and checklists. :)

ArtLady1981
02-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Different versions featured in the same color puts the emphasis and focus on the differences in design.

Different versions in different colors can confuse the eye. The eye won't know what to assess...the colors or the pattern differences. It might make a conclusion that much harder.

The longer the eye has to look and look in order to reach a decision or preference, the more likely the brain will tire of it all, and make NO DECISION for now.

That can be a loss of a sale. Sometimes folks never come back to begin the process over again.