PDA

View Full Version : So I saw this great book....

amberof2
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
for Knits for preggo mammas and I'm so psyched:cheering: since I'm 8weeks pregnant with our 3rd child... a miracle baby, but that's another story cloud9
So anyway. I want so bad to do some of the sweater types minus the sleeves, since I'll be most uncomfortable in the summer months. Here's the thing I've never knitted a sweater before and I'm a little nervous, plus I want to choose a nice breathable yarn. I'm thinking bamboo?? Any suggestions or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. :)

booskibabe
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Just wanted to day I'm in the same boat as you! (Only with my first, but still a miracle.) I'm just over 9 wks pregnant.
If you want a breathable yarn, try a cotton or a cotton blend. I like Lion Brand Cotton Ease. Really, any natural fiber should work well. Bamboo would probably work as well.
What is the name of the book? I've been looking for preggo books and patterns and haven't found any cute ones.

HollyP
02-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Congratulations to both of you! :woot:

I love bamboo for summer. It is so breathable and soft. The cotton ease is nice too. Right now I am knitting a baby blanket with Cotton Ease for a summer baby.

Mirl56
02-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Be careful with cotton - it can make a very heavy sweater - but you did say sleeveless, so it may be OK.

Look at hemp, too. It's supposed to get softer and softer the more you wash it and very sweater-friendly. http://www.lanaknits.com/usayarn.html