PDA

View Full Version : anyone want some snow? free shipping lol

Stonington
02-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Morning.. another 11 inches fell on North Sebago last night. I thought I would share an early morning shot. Who needs mini blinds? :roflhard: no one can see in our windows now!lol.
anne
sebago, me

gingerbread
02-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh my you sure do have a lot of snow. It does look pretty those early morning shot.

I would love to have some but then I would have to shovel it. No gone past that now. We have had hope of having snow but nope just goes by. Lots of rain and one freezing rain didn't last long once the sun came out and the temp went up.
We are in the Northern part of Virgina so we do get snow but not a lot at times. I will enjoy your snow from afar and wish for some.:waving:

mwhite
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeebies! Looks cold and no thanks, I'm usually a sucker for free shipping but think I'll pass this time... ;) ;) Mary

stitchwitch
02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Send some down, I'll even cover shipping!! We had a pretty wild front come through last night that at least delivered us these wonderful 54 degree temps we have this morning. It had been hovering around the mid 80's, way too hot for March IMO. :cheering:

sinistral_needler
02-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Sorry, we've had about 6 feet of snow here already .. I know the northeast gets a lot more than Wisconsin does .. but even for us, six feet is a LOT. Spring can't come fast enough!

sue in canada
02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
We were lucky yesterday, didn't get the predicted amount of snow. We still have plenty of frozen snowbanks everywhere though.

Stonington
02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I am not sure how much we have gotten this whole winter season :passedout: - But it feels like we live in tunnel-ville :roflhard: with all of the paths to everything lol. The attached picture is from last nights storm. Have to get the hot tub and grill cleaned off after work.. although I am not sure where I will put the snow. It is almost comical now.. standing there with the shovel and a dazed look.

anne
sebago me

get_her_donne
02-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Woah...I'd take some, but I wouldn't know what to do with it!

nonny2t
02-27-2008, 11:40 AM
My son lives in South Bend, IN and they got something like 18 inches on top of what they have. I think it is 18 there this morning but supposed to get down to 3 tonight I think it is.

We moved to Memphis from South Bend, 7 years ago and though I miss my family and friends, I couldn't take the cold and the snow. I would never be able get to work in that mess because I have a bad knee. It is chilly here today because of the cold front moving in, but I wouldn't trade, that's for sure.

CarolinaGirl
02-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Please!!! I would love for it to snow sooooo deep here! We never get any snow to amount to anything or we end with nasty ice-the power always goes out! No fun.
Snow would be so fun!!!! We are crazy here when it snow-the whole "gotta get bread and milk!" What are we going to do with just bread and milk-----who knows??? :teehee:

Ingrid
02-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Don't fall for the free shipping ploy! The last time I received mail-ordered snow, all they sent me was a wet box!:pout:

get_her_donne
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Don't fall for the free shipping ploy! The last time I received mail-ordered snow, all they sent me was a wet box!:pout:

:teehee:

Jan in CA
02-27-2008, 10:25 PM

:roflhard: Next time tell them to send it in a refrigerated truck!

That is really beautiful though!

mwhite
02-27-2008, 10:31 PM

You are just too funny! LOL!:teehee:

Thank you, Lord, for South Carolina! Although, I'd appreciate it y'alled take this cold wind back up Nawth!

mks22300
02-28-2008, 12:26 AM
You are just too funny! LOL!:teehee:

Thank you, Lord, for South Carolina! Although, I'd appreciate it y'alled take this cold wind back up Nawth!

I'm betting that your cold wind is a lot warmer than our cold wind! And if it is, I'd swap for it in a heartbeat! :teehee:

mwhite
02-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Please!!! I would love for it to snow sooooo deep here! We never get any snow to amount to anything or we end with nasty ice-the power always goes out! No fun.
Snow would be so fun!!!! We are crazy here when it snow-the whole "gotta get bread and milk!" What are we going to do with just bread and milk-----who knows??? :teehee:

It's a Southern tradition!

"I'm betting that your cold wind is a lot warmer than our cold wind! And if it is, I'd swap for it in a heartbeat!" mks22300

No thanks! Ours is cold enough tonight...Think I'll jest sit over here in the corner and shush...:pout:

KnitWit1987
02-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Wow that's ALOT of snow!! You would think here in Colorado we would have more, but it's been a pretty mild winter. Anyway, you can keep it.:teehee:

Stonington
02-28-2008, 09:16 AM

ok burst my bubble lol :flirt: Just when I thought I had some takers lol
anne
sebago, me

Stonington
02-28-2008, 09:18 AM
We just got a snow amount update- 114 inches so far this year.. over 9.5 feet.. seems like more than that but.... weathermen know all right??? lol
anne
sebago, me

nonny2t
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I got an email from my son this morning and I never thought he would gripe about the snow. He says for the past two or three weeks he has had to go out and clean the driveway and sidewalks every morning. Their baby is 8 months old and sick (I think it is teeth again) and so both of them have had no sleep and when mom can't stand it any longer dad gets Jackson. Between trying to help the baby and mom and shoveling and blowing snow, and traveling with his work, I think he has about had it. His last line was "We need a vacation!"

Unfortunately, Nonny and Granddad live 600 miles away and can't take on babysitting or even snow blowing duties!

Plantgoddess+
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
It makes me glad that all our snow came in Jan. DH even took a couple of days off work to plow us out. It did get to the point I was shoveling it onto piles 6' high. Our poor 4 wheeler ran out of oomph to push it out of the way because there was no more out of the way. Now it is slowly melting, thank goodness, otherwise we would currently be underwater. It's down to only about 18" deep.
I feel for you, we weren't sure we were going to survive with sanity intact. We still are waiting for more thaw to salvage stuff from a storage building that collapsed.

Stonington
02-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Poor guy.. it is tough and then to have a sick babe besides.. snows here almost every day! and the roads are awful because of the fluctuating temps. I feel like a bobblehead by the time I get to work. lol.
anne
sebago, me
114 inches of snow (so far)

mwhite
02-28-2008, 12:56 PM
:pout: Now I really feel guilty! I do, sincerely feel for you all! :muah: Not that a smooch will help the situation but you have my sympathy. Mary

Jeremy
02-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I knew a doctor who originally was from Nova Scotia. He went home in July every year. One year when we had gotten a lot of snow she phoned and told him to postpone his visit until August because the snow would have melted by then.

Stonington
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
When I lived in Rangeley (ME) we use to have water skiing contests on the Lake in August. I have pictures of people out on the water during almost white out conditions. Crazy weather.
anne
sebago, ME
114 inches of snow so far another 6-10 tonight :passedout:
I knew a doctor who originally was from Nova Scotia. He went home in July every year. One year when we had gotten a lot of snow she phoned and told him to postpone his visit until August because the snow would have melted by then.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-29-2008, 12:43 PM
In August??? Is this part of Maine up in the tundra or something??? I thought we had it bad!!!

snowbear
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
OK.. Just pm me and I'll send you my addy.. Feel free to mail/ ship/ truck any of the snow you don't want. Have a big backyard, and I'll happily stow it all.

I realize some of you get soo very tired of it.. and I can imagine the frustration. If I could find a good job, I'd move to ME to enjoy it.

Yes, I've always been a bit crazy.. I do march to my own drummer.