PDA

View Full Version : Do You Knit w/o A Particular Person In Mind?

stacyk9
02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
I seem to be a knitter who HAS to have someone to knit for. If I see a pattern that is really cute, but don't have any particular recipient in mind, I pass over it, but then almost feel upset that I won't get to knit it! How do you guys handle this? Do you go ahead and knit it and hope to find it a home, or wait until that perfect person comes to mind?

knitmama
02-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I usually save the pattern until someone comes to mind for it. Although, sometimes, as I'm knitting something I figure out who it will go to. The yarn and pattern usually come together in a way that says, "Give me to ______!" It depends on the project. Many of my projects ask to stay with me though.:teehee: :aww:

Plantgoddess+
02-28-2008, 06:33 PM
I always have a home in mind for my projects. Mainly for me, but also make gifts for friends and family if I find something I know they will like.

lia_matos
02-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Of course! It's always for ME! LOL

Newbie2Knitting
02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Yup, I knit with people in mind. I see a pattern and think, "so and so would love that", and click click click go the needles. I actually have yet to complete a project for me, BUT I do have one otn. And they shall be MIIIIIINE!!! Mwaahahahahaha!

rebecca
02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I have someone in mind when I pick up the circs!

Darcia
02-29-2008, 11:10 AM
I always think of the person I am knitting the item for, also pray for them. And then when they use or wear the item those thoughts and prayers are with them!