PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and a few projects

Pjusken
02-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I haven't posted any of my work on here yet, but just finished a few little things I thought I might share with you.

I made these three for my nephew, his first birthday is coming up soon:

http://i30.tinypic.com/i2ln2v.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/5x4mxy.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2gtzoew.jpg

In case his parents think the pirate-sweater is a bit too grown up, I made this one to soften things up a bit:

http://i27.tinypic.com/xfnc3o.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/2uoqdl2.jpg

You can't go wrong with ducks...

I made this brown one for my little girl, she won't be using it for some time though, because the size is 1-2 years (she's 4 months old now). But I love the retro feel and look of it and can't wait until she's big enough to wear it:

http://i27.tinypic.com/160206.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/n8kd2.jpg

And finally a little bag I made today for my boyfriend's little brother. He needed something to keep his Nintendo DS in. I also made one similar to it for my nine year old son a while back (but couldn't find it now to get a picture of it). A great StashBuster! ;)

http://i31.tinypic.com/65o3tv.jpg

Darcia
02-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow your stitches are beautiful! How long have you been knitting?

I love the pirate sweater! Not to grown up at all, definitely a one of a kind. The brown sweater for your dd. (She's so cute!) What pattern is it?

Simply_Renee
02-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow. and Wow! I want to know how long you've been knitting too! (to see how long I will have to practice to be able to do anything like this...)

I love everything you made, but am just in love with the duckie sweater- I love the swirls in it too.

Welcome to the forum!

Pjusken
02-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Thank you! Well I hardly ever use specific patterns, I usually just take bits and pieces from here and there and mix them up with my own ideas. But the brown one is mainly based on a Norwegian pattern. I changed the collar pattern a bit and made the sweater longer than indicated in the pattern. It's made from yarn called Lanett (don't think you have it 'over there').

I'll put this in here as well (I already posted it in the 'introduce yourself'-thread) since I'm such a n00b...

Hi everyone, I found this site a few days ago and have been lurking around ever since. Haven't posted yet (it's difficult to knit and type at the same time) but I look forward to being a part of this fantastic community!

I'm 27 years old and have been knitting since childhood. For some reason I had a problem with finishing my projects though, and through all these years I only finished three or four. I'll blame it on being a big scatter-head and losing interest too quickly. You'll never imagine how many unfinished jumpers I found lying around when I decided it was time to get serious with my knitting again!

When I became pregnant with my little girl last year and couldn't work, I somehow got the calm needed to actually finish anything. Since then I've been pretty manic I guess... I spend every free moment knitting and I'm absolutely loving it! I decided never to start a new project unless the last one was finished and by doing it that way I've now finished more objects than I can count. I mostly do children's clothing, in part because it's quick and you nearly always see the results right away, but mainly because babies and kids are just so cute wearing knits! Oh and I also produce massive amounts of socks, because my boyfriend just loves them!

-He's absolutely ecstatic about my new passion by the way, I've never liked flowers and he's had big problems figuring out what small things he can get me every now and then when others could give flowers... Now he just gets me a bag of yarn and I'm on cloud nine!-

Just recently I thought that perhaps there was some knitting-info to be found on the internet (after all, you can find ANYTHING on the internet) and I can't tell you how happy I was to see that there are actually many others like me out there! :D This site is wonderful, I've taken a look at the videos and I was actually amazed to realize there are so many different ways to knit! Somehow I always thought 'my way' was the only way...:aww:

So thanks for this wonderful site, I can't wait to partake and I'll conclude this with a picture of my little one, as you can see I'm doing my best to get her hooked early!

http://i25.tinypic.com/2pzznk3.jpg

BTW: I just want to apologize if my English isn't perfect, I'm coming to you from Iceland and English isn't my first (or second) language. ;)

Ingrid
02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome from Iceland! Your work is beautiful, and your English is perfect--probably better than a lot of us natives. :teehee: That picture of your little girl is priceless. :heart:

knit2btied
02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome to KH and nice knitting! (Your English is perfect)

Pjusken
02-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Welcome from Iceland! Your work is beautiful, and your English is perfect--probably better than a lot of us natives. :teehee: That picture of your little girl is priceless. :heart:

Oooh stop it, you're making me blush!

*Just joking, please keep going!* Haha!

Pjusken
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh I forgot this one, inspired by the beautiful blue drop-stitch scarf I saw on here a few days ago I made this one. It's big an bulky and warm and oh so lovely and soft. I've caught myself making up excuses to go outside just so that I can wear it. Because I have to admit, it's a bit too warm to wear inside (even in Iceland)...

http://i31.tinypic.com/1em2kz.jpg

dustinac
02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
:inlove: everything is beautiful!! You did a great job and welcome :yay:

Eccie
02-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Those sweaters are wonderful! And your daughter is adorable :) Welcome to KH

Abbily
02-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Welcome! Your work is wonderful and your daughter is absolutely beautiful! (and your english is fabulous, too!)

ritaw
02-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi and welcome. :)
Your work is lovely. I love the brown one and the one with the scull and crossbones .
Your baby girl is so cute :)

sue in canada
02-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi and welcome. Your knitting is wonderful, just love the sweaters. Your daughter is very cute, maybe she will be the youngest knitter here.

Karina
02-29-2008, 03:29 PM
love your work, I especially like the very first jumper that you posted. Do you have a link to the pattern or where you could buy it. or it it your own design. would love to make that for my soon to be 2 year old daughter. Welcome to the KH forum, hope to see more of your work soon.

Pjusken
02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. :)

Karina> No I'm sorry, that one was more or less my own creation. As always based on some other stuff but unfortunately nothing I can link to.
I've been 'personalizing' so many patterns lately I think it would be smart to keep some notes on what I've done... It sure would be nice to be able to share. :)

sabrinasmom
02-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Beautiful Work:yay: I love the duck sweater.

KnittingNat
02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Your work is wonderful and your DD is precious! Welcome :hug: We've got people from all around the world here, so you don't have to apologize about your English. I must say I've been to Iceland 3.5 years ago and it's the most magical place i've ever seen. Where in Iceland are you from?

momwolf
02-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Welcome and I LOVE the duck sweater!!!!!!!!!!Everything is lovely including your little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosemary
02-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I am so impressed both with your work and your English! Both are wonderful.

Welcome.

callmesusan
02-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow; killer sweaters! The Nintendo keeper looks cool with the pocket and buttons. :thumbsup:

snowbear
02-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Your work is amazing! It looks so beautiful. The sweaters and dress are awesome! You are so talented! Your daughter is beautiful. That dress will look darling on her!

Thanks for joining KH.. We are all joined w/ 2 sticks & strings.. language that is universal. It's wonderful to know the beauty of your talent!

Pjusken
03-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Where in Iceland are you from?

I've more or less lived in Reykjavík since I left home at 15, but I'm originally from a tiny place on the west coast. My parents still live there and it's always home for me still. :) So nice to hear you've been up here, you can't imagine how many times people go 'Ice-what?' when I disclose my whereabouts on foreign forums! :D

The Nintendo keeper looks cool with the pocket and buttons

Yeah, the boys luuv those... and the pocket serves as a holder for extra games when out and about. :)

Thanks again everyone, I'm seriously contemplating bombarding you with pictures of all my stuff, it's great to have one's ego stroked like this. LOL

KnittingNat
03-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Did you join Ravelry already? It's a great place to keep track of your projects, to see what others are knitting and finding inspiration and new ideas:thumbsup:
Are you using local yarns, like Lopi or something else?

Pjusken
03-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Yes, I signed up for a Ravelry account, I'm just waiting to get my e-mail. :) From what I can see, it's a fantastic site!

To be honest, I'm not all that fond of the Icelandic yarns. They're much too coarse for my taste. Oddly enough, they don't seem to make soft, fine yarns of the Icelandic wool yet and that's mainly what I've been using. I heard they were planning on making something not as rough soon. I hope that's correct.

I've made a couple of Lopi-sweaters and they're really pretty and perfect for the weather up here but I don't particularly like working with the material itself.
I mainly use Norwegian yarns, from Sandnes Garn.

Jen17
03-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Everything you made is beautiful! And so is your daughter! That is a cute picture!

Jen:knitting:

Ingrid
03-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Bombard away! We love seeing other people's stuff--it gets our creative juices flowing. :thumbsup:

WandaT
03-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I agree! Bombard us with your projects! You do absolutely beautiful work and it's wonderful to see the finished product! I love how you put your own unique spin on everything you do. That's what this craft is about isn't it? Welcome!!

Lima
03-01-2008, 11:11 AM
:inlove: You're very creative!
Is it all your design?

Sweater with a ducks most adorable!

ah
03-01-2008, 10:53 PM
They are all great! The pirate is wonderful for a little boy. I just love that retro sweater. I might have to try that one for my DD.

auburnchick
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Gosh...you have to stop hiding! Your work is simply amazing! Very nice job! I love the pirate sweater!!!