PDA

View Full Version : Argh!

Knitting_Guy
02-29-2008, 04:05 PM
My truck broke down on me earlier this week and I've been sitting in a hotel ever since. Today I learned that it won't be ready until Monday at the earliest.

The boss was going to rent me a car so I could just drive home but ran into problems with the rental car companies. Seems they won't rent one unless the name on the driver's license and the name on the credit card match. The company credit card naturally has the company name on it so they won't rent me a car. Argh! How stupid is that?

So now I'm stuck in this hotel all weekend and possibly longer. I'm glad I have my knitting with me. I may have to check around and see if there is a LYS around here and take a cab this weekend to check it out if there is.

Sharly
02-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Well, settle in and knit to your heart's content - hope you are at least someplace pleasant!!

Abbily
02-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Mason, I'm sorry to hear you're stuck! Hope you find a lovely LYS and get lots of knitting done!

nonny2t
02-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm telling ya, it is bad karma from that tie....:teehee:

Sorry you're stuck in a crummy hotel. Hope you can find something interesting to do. Good luck with your truck getting fixed and on the road again!

Sunshine's Mom
02-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh, that stinks. Buy lots of yarn and make the company pay you back. After all, you wouldn't of had to buy it if the truck hadn't broke down. ;)

Eccie
02-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Well that stinks! At least you ahve something to do :P

photolady
02-29-2008, 06:05 PM
If the hotel has a free breakfast, enjoy that.
If there are things to see, within walking distance, do that.

Knit.

Relax.

Wanda Witch
02-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey, you've got your laptop and your knitting. What more can one ask!! Relax and enjoy.

lelvsdgs
02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey, you've got your laptop and your knitting. What more can one ask!! Relax and enjoy.
And I'm sure you could find some Jack Daniels around there somewhere... you said it cures anything! :)

Wanda Witch
02-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Not IF you are in areas of Dallas County. Drier than a bone. I hope Mason you took a jug in your rig.

auburnchick
02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
:hug:

boo1
02-29-2008, 08:52 PM
But at least you're able to knit (my sanity saver) and hop on the 'net.

Hope you get some wheels soon!

Laura

knittingymnast
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm telling ya, it is bad karma from that tie....:teehee:

:teehee:

snowbear
02-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Mason, I'm begining to think if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any! I'm wishing you a weekend that isn't to bad. Hope you can enjoy your knitting, and relax. I know that it is tuff to be stuck so soon after you've been sick.. but hang in there.

Hope you find something exciting to do within short distance.

Sending you a big bear hug!

dustinac
02-29-2008, 10:07 PM
:hug: I'm sorry your stuck...glad to read that you still have your knitting!! :yay:

DianaM
02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
May the Yarn be with you

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-01-2008, 12:12 AM
oh crap. being stuck sucks. but now you can hang out here ALLLLLLLLL DAAAAAYYYYY.

Knitting_Guy
03-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm in luck, there's a LYS 8.5 miles from here. I'll be visiting it tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Jan in CA
03-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Glad you found an LYS! Not sure where you are, but I hope you enjoy your quiet weekend anyway! :yay:

Dangles
03-01-2008, 01:11 AM
:hug: Sorry to hear your stuck. Happy Knitting to you though :)

sue in canada
03-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Have fun at LYS. Hope it is a good one.

Plantgoddess+
03-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Are you working on your sweater? If so do you think you can come close to finishing it since you're stuck?
Hope the yarn store is entertaining and good luck on getting on the road again.

Knitting_Guy
03-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Are you working on your sweater? If so do you think you can come close to finishing it since you're stuck?
Hope the yarn store is entertaining and good luck on getting on the road again.

The yarn hasn't arrived yet and I won't be back home to get it for at least a month. I'll start the sweater after I am home again next time and can get the yarn. In the meantime I'm working on silly projects like the mango colored cabled tie. :rofl:

Debkcs
03-02-2008, 12:58 AM
So, where is it that you are stuck? Probably not anywhere near here, but if you were, we'd invite you home for a good dinner. The thing I hated the worst when driving was the food. Only a few good places, one way up in northern Pennsylvania, and one in Arizona that sold the meanest chile verde I've ever had.

Did you get to the LYS, and was it any good?

cmk
03-02-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you're stuck in a hotel for the weekend, but......you can knit, read, go online and if you want, order room service so you won't be interrupted. (Trying to look at the positive side!) Hope your truck is fixed by tomorrow!

Knitting_Guy
03-03-2008, 09:10 AM
So, where is it that you are stuck? Probably not anywhere near here, but if you were, we'd invite you home for a good dinner. The thing I hated the worst when driving was the food. Only a few good places, one way up in northern Pennsylvania, and one in Arizona that sold the meanest chile verde I've ever had.

Did you get to the LYS, and was it any good?

I'm stuck in Ocala.

I did make it to the LYS and picked up a pound of sport weight alpaca.

Yeah getting decent food on the road can really be problematic. That's why most of us truckers have a gut, it's the crappy truckstop chow.

KnitTwit
03-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Been there, done that, Mason. Whenever my truck broke down I treated it as a blessing from the Knitting Gods who felt that I hadn't had enough knitting time. :rofl:

It could be worse, though. You could be stuck in Ohmygoditscold, Montana where the nearest LYS was over 200 miles away.

Relax and enjoy your knitting. After all, it is food for the soul. :hug: