PDA

View Full Version : Making a Booty Call at the Goodwill Store

Aliann
03-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Yesterday while on my way to KFC, I stopped by the Goodwill to check out the yarn supply. The yarn of the day was Red Heart, and as I began looking in the yarn bins I noticed a comforter sized bag that read, "Finish a Afghan" and the color of the yarn was the Gemstone colorway. When I got home, I immediately opened the bag and noticed the afghan was crocheted, but because there was no pattern or crochet hook, as far as I was concerned the afghan was finished. I began thinking about making my first sweater as I have four skeins to work with, so this morning I began a swatch in 2k, 2p rib. I'm very pleased with the swatch, and I can only imagine how the sweater will look when finished, as I'm using a size 8 needle.

mwhite
03-02-2008, 05:48 PM
:yay: :thumbsup: Smart of you and a Great bargain!!! Wanna see pix when you're done! Mary

suzeeq
03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I look for crocheted afghans at the thrift store. They use a little more yarn than knitting so there's going to be lots of yardage in them. Unfortunately, I haven't found any with colors I like. With one exception - it was knit in Caron SS and I liked both the color and the stitch pattern, so it's one I use to snuggle up in. I also plan to use the stitch pattern for something one day....

vaknitter
03-02-2008, 10:08 PM
WOW - great find. I never find anything at our local goodwill. We had a fundraiser dinner to go to last night that was a Thrift Store Formal and I couldn't find a thing - no yarn, no ugly old prom dress (honestly is everyone saving them for something?)!!