PDA

View Full Version : Socks in the larval stage

Denise in Michigan
03-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I want my husband Phil to choose sock yarn for a new pair of sox, so I assembled eight skeins in a half-circle, put a single eye on the end of each, and enlarged the center hole to form a mouth. I now have eight larvae-like "Kcos" ("sock" backwards) creatures!

I then put this message in front of them:

Greetings, oh Earthling Phil!

We come from the planet Xos in the system of Sgnikcots. We are the larvae of the Kcos, and we mean you and your planet no harm.

Our entire system was destroyed for an inter-galactic bypass, and many of us escaped into space. We journey in our larval form since that allows us to travel for many eons with minimal life support.

Our first stop is on Earth, but we do not wish to colonize Earth. We seek other, uninhabited planets in this galaxy for our new homelands. In order to continue our quest, we must metamorphose into another form for the next leg of our journey. We beg of you, help us to do this or our mission to continue our Xos culture will fail!

To assist us, you must place us in a soft, warm sack together with at least four pointed sticks. We will then spin cocoons and later emerge in our next form, in which we can continue our journeys. Only two small Kcos or one large Kcos may create cocoons in the same sack. In sincere thanks to you, we shall leave behind us our most-prized creations: soft, stretchy cocoons which we trust will be of some use to you.

Please, aid us in our quest for new Xos homelands! Only you can save the Kcos! Your name will be remembered with reverence in our colonies, oh Earthling Phil, until the Universe ends!

I can hardly wait till he gets home from work!

The.Knitter
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
That's fabulous. You are a very creative writer. My DH would love something like this. May I steal it? This is great. DH is into sci-fi in a big way. He even put "the dreaded Star Trek poster" above the bed in our bedroom. I was hoping for a nice wedding picture of the two of us. Oh well, he would rather look upon Tupal's lovely countenance than mine I guess.

Well done Denise!

Denise in Michigan
03-03-2008, 04:54 PM
My DH would love something like this. May I steal it?
Certainly! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The.Knitter
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
He's going to love this! Thanks so much... I will take the ball of yarn and make it have a tail out the back and sit it on the bottom of the paper where no printing is.... this is fantastic!!!

Abbily
03-03-2008, 05:24 PM
You are so creative! What a nifty idea! :)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-03-2008, 06:19 PM
BRRRRRRRRRRRILLIANT! :cheering:

sue in canada
03-03-2008, 06:26 PM
You are very creative and what a great choice you are giving him.

Jaxhil
03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
That is absolutely fantastic-you are so creative, he will love that!!

I'm going to show my DH too-big sci-fi fan too :teehee: my 3 boys will love it too!

Thanks for sharing!

DQ
03-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Very creative! :notworthy:

Plantgoddess+
03-03-2008, 08:28 PM
What a great idea. He better love your creativity.

Simply_Renee
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the smiles today- I needed them. I am also a total space nerd- we read sci-fi all the time too.

Banrion
03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
That is awesome!! Now you have my little head spinning webs. I promised my fiance a pair of socks, and haven't gotten to them yet.

dustinac
03-04-2008, 04:10 PM
:yay: What a great idea!!

Denise in Michigan
03-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the positive reinforcement, folks! :aww:

gingerbread
03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
I loved your letter your husband will love it. I hope he has fun picking out the cocoons.:teehee:

:waving:

feministmama
03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
SO did he see it yet? waht did he say?

Denise in Michigan
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
SO did he see it yet? waht did he say?
After he came home, I stayed in the living room while he went to the den...I heard laughter, so I knew he had seen the Kcos larvae on his desk! When he came out, he said, "So that's what happens around here when I'm not home!".
He's so tickled by it that he hasn't moved the larvae or the note yet! (He also hasn't picked out the yarn for his next socks...oh well, more time to knit for myself!)