PDA

View Full Version : Dropped stitch while binding off?

themusician
03-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Hey...so I'm new here, and I was going to introduce myself by showing off pictures of my first completed project...a scarf (big surprise, right? ;) ).

Yeah...that was before I started trying to bind off. I've done it before on practice swatches and it hasn't been a problem, but somehow this time I got careless and the stitches slipped off the needles in a weird way.

Both stitches on my right needle slipped off, so I have two loose stitches. What confuses me is that the stitch with the tail (where the extra yarn comes out) is behind (to the right of) the other stitch. I haven't bound off enough to get the mechanics of it and see how this is supposed to go back together. Can anyone help??

Karina
03-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Can't picture it in my head, a picture would help. If it is a scarf there should not be to many stitches? maybe it would be easier to just unpick it one or two rows untill the problem has dissappeared and start again. good luck

DQ
03-05-2008, 05:41 AM
I've dropped stitches whilst binding off a few times. What I usually do is put the stitch with the yarn coming out on the right needle and put the other one back on the left needle, knit it again and carry on.

Firey Vixxen
03-05-2008, 05:49 AM
It sounds like you've lost a stitch off of each needle, so you have one that has been knitted (with the tail) and one that was about to be knitted.
Try putting one stitch back on each needle.

themusician
03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Yep, that's exactly what happened. Thanks for your help. I finished binding off and now I just have to weave in all the ends and it will be done. I'll be back with pictures in a while. :)