PDA

View Full Version : Siberian Winter Shawl

Jeremy
03-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I am knitting this shawl. After a provisional cast on, the pattern says to knit one row and purl one row, then knit ten rows. Well I spaced and didn't do the purl row. I can't figure why they put the purl row in anyhow cause the last ten rows of the shawl are all knit with no purl row so essentially its asymetrical as written anyway. I really don't want to frog two rows of 185 stitches each. Is there a compelling reason to worry about missing the purl row.

KniftyKnitterGal
03-06-2008, 12:12 AM
The only thing I can think of that the purl was used for was for decoration. I think that if you just knit the row the was supposed to be purled, it really shouldn't be an issue.

mwhite
03-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Sounds like you personally don't feel it's necessary. If it doesn't bother you to deviate from the pattern, I say go for it and do what makes you comfortable. I change patterns to suit me most of the time and the sky doesn't fall or the "knitting police" don't show up at the front door and nobody, as yet, has called me out, "OOOOOOOOOOO YOU MADE A BOOBOO!!!". Lovely thing about knitting, you can do it your way! Mary