PDA

View Full Version : got my options!

MadelineM
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Or, the wood version...are they still called Options? I thought so. Anyhow, as everyone has said, they knit like a dream. The only problem I've had with them is perhaps more a problem with me...they're SO pointy and SO smooth that a few times since I started knitting with them (though it's decreasing), I've split my yarn and not even noticed, so then I had to kind of untangle the plies a little. But I'm doing that less, and it's probably just more carelessness on my part--my old needles were so dull that they wouldn't really split it. But obviously, the pointiness is well worth it. :D

Plantgoddess+
03-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Ooh the Harmonys. I bought them as well and love them. Congratulations on your new tools.

Mulderknitter
03-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Although I don't have the Harmonies set, I do have the regular options set, and wouldn't trade them for the world! when using wood/bamboo I have noticed that it is easier to split the yarn than when using the nickel or metal.
congrats on your purchase! I honestly have never bought anything from knitpicks that I have not actually loved!:muah:

WandaT
03-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Woohoo!! Congrats!!! I have the set of Options and have started picking up a couple of the Harmony tips here and there. I love both! The tips are very sharp and can take some getting used to, but once you do going back to blunt needles will be a PITA!

Crafty_Mel
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Oh I too have just received my Options neddles in the mail and :heart: them cloud9 They are a dream to knit with!

Enjoy!

Catz
03-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I got a set of options for my xmas off my fiance and I've ordered myself a set of harmonies. They are in the mail :roflhard: I can't wait till they arrive. I love the options set.

The.Knitter
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm patiently (NOT) waiting for my Harmony sock needle set to arrive. They HAVE been shipped. I can't wait to try them. I am using a horrid pair of bamboo dpn's and hating it. C'mon mailman!!!

MadelineM
03-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, I love the needles, except there's a splinter in one of the #11 tips. Bummer! I called KnitPicks and they were real nice and they're going to send me a replacement. I guess that happens with wood.

twoxover
03-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Hey...
i just bought the denise needle set...does this keep me out of the "cool girls clique"????

The.Knitter
03-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Nope, I too have the Denise Interchangable set. It isn't good for sock knitting because the smallest size is a US 5, so I had to get the smaller needles for sock knitting and chose the KP Harmony Sock Set. I love my Denise Interchangables. I would not trade them for anything in the world! Either we are in the "cool girls section" or we are not, but we have good needles to knit with if we are sitting alone!!

tokmom
03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Congrats! I just got mine last week and had to wipe the drool off my chin. They knit nice, don't they!