PDA

View Full Version : Noro Kureyon yarn and felting

tokmom
03-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Does it felt ok? I just love:inlove: this yarn and would like to make a bag for my teen daughter. If she doesn't like it, I'll use it.;)

http://www.knittingfever.com/c/yarn/noro-kureyon/

with this pattern

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2594

Would it work? I'm still learning how to put yarn and patterns together.:aww:

cmk
03-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I've used Noro Kureyon for two felted purses and it felted well. I should have checked it for size earlier because it was smaller than I would have liked. (Where I live now, most things felt very quickly in warm, soapy water - less than 5 minutes)

HTH

tokmom
03-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes, that does help. It looks so vibrant and pretty. I never knew I'd be so excited about yarn. I won't mention the word addicted.:aww: :teehee:

iwouldratherbeknitting
03-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes, NORO will felt.. and there are many knitted patterns for felting with NORO out there.

A basic guideline.. if a wool yarn's label says: MACHINE WASH/DRY.. it won't felt.. since, it's been treated not to shrink.

Otherwise, most other natural fibers (wools/etc.) will all felt.. some more than others.. some become really fuzzy/hairy when felted.. that's part of the magic and fun of felting.. its always a new adventure. You can even combine a non-felting yarn w/ a felting yarn to get a different effect too.

KathleenBJ
03-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi All,

This is my first message to the group - I'm a 'Blog Newbie Technobabe'

So much fun to hear about felting. I'm hanging in there with you guys to hear more. I can't wait to try felting.

THX,

KathleenBJ

Plantgoddess+
03-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome Kathleen. If you search the forum for felting you should find other threads about the technique as well as links to patterns, yarns, etc.

tokmom
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the idea of using felting and non felting wools together. I need to try that.
Welcome Kathleen. Felting is really fun and I have to say addicting. It's fun to see how things turn out. :mrgreen: