PDA

View Full Version : Any Brits out there?

venusspecimen
03-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Hullo, I'm in hertfordshire, u.k. is this site typically based and used from across the pond? am new to the site and cannot quite yet figure it out and so need to spend some time learning how to use it and so on. keen to hear off anyone. i use lionbrand alot and love their site for their superb free patterns. :happydance:

Karina
03-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Hi venusspeciment, I live in essex. there are quite a few here from the UK and all over the world. I joined a couple of months ago and have learnt a lot here in a short time. Everybody is very friendly, the only problem is that I now spend more time on KH than I do knitting.

If you are interested why don't you pop over to the charity page and look at the oddball baby blanket, a few of us from the UK have joined in and are making blankets to send back to the US.

ritaw
03-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi and welcome .
I am in Middx , UK.
There are quite a few brits on here and i am sure you will have plenty of fun on here. You will learn everything in no time :)
Have fun :)

laptop_knitter
03-09-2008, 11:12 AM
:waving: Hi! I'm based in South Yorkshire, there are a fair few of us Brits on here - there's more on Ravelry too, if you've signed up there?

Nikkilc
03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
hi venusspecimen from a fellow North Herts Knitter :cheering:
There are a few UK knitters here and the whole site is great and very friendly.

droppsy
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi Venusspecimen,
I am from the UK. Swindon in Wiltshire, I now live in the USA, miss home, would love to hear from you. I live in New Mexico which is in the USA not Mexico as my Mum always thought. I live in the mountains, it is very pretty here, some snow right at the moment. And Cold. Happy New Year to you. And Happy Knitting.
There is a knitting group here and we have a great teacher, she is a knitting judge, So I can get lots of help. Lucky me.
Droppsy.:p

followinghim
12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
I am in Gloucestershire.

tammie52
03-09-2011, 03:29 PM
joined tonight im from belfast northern ireland looking forward to chatting with new people from all over and may be share a pattern or 2 tammie

blueshedcrafts
03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I am in Wiltshire.

zara
03-12-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm in Durham (near Newcastle). I joined this sight ages ago & tend to just read through ALL the posts.

Lovebugbex
04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I've just joined and live in North Wales :)

Clarity
04-16-2011, 04:46 AM
I live in Kent, and find it hard to get quality products made in this country. Even when it's a British company, the products are often made elsewhere for cheapness. My local yarn store was also 2 towns over and has closed, so I have a choice between the woman who makes baby clothes and carries some yarn, and charity shops. I have to get anything specific online, therefore

para
05-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Hi I am from Morecambe in Lancs

and very new here

p

joincidence
05-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm a newbie, but I'm from the UK too. Currently in Manchester, originally from the West Mids.

mummybubble
07-15-2011, 02:41 AM
joined tonight im from belfast northern ireland looking forward to chatting with new people from all over and may be share a pattern or 2 tammie
im not the only one in Northern Ireland, hey im new to this site :) im from north down, i tend to do a lot of projects for my 2 year old daughter :)

1louder
08-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey I'm 10 and have fallen in love with this site. I'm from Manchester UK and its relieving knowing I'm not the only Brit.

Squirrel
01-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Hi . Joined tonight after some months lurking. Am from north Lincs :knitting:

glamma
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi

I live in Lancashire and have just joined this site. I am a novice at knitting with no one to ask when I get stuck on a pattern. Now I work partime I want to to be able to learn to knit all those lovely baby things I couldnt knit for my own children ( had to pay someone else to knit them) as i want to knit for my g/children. I can knit but it all goes to pot when i get to the shaping and its a pattern so everthing I have knitted so far has had plain sleeves and top. Now knitting is back in fashion I am determined to learn properly. I am looking for local knit and natter groups.

knitwitseaman
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm new to the site! I'm 24 and in the UK! South Yorkshire!!!:hug:

MrsMallaeus
03-14-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm a newbie too and from Darlington UK. Loving this site. cloud9

Squirrel
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm new to the site! I'm 24 and in the UK! South Yorkshire!!!:hug:

Not too far from me. Am in Scunthorpe

1louder
06-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Hullo, I'm in hertfordshire, u.k. is this site typically based and used from across the pond? am new to the site and cannot quite yet figure it out and so need to spend some time learning how to use it and so on. keen to hear off anyone. i use lionbrand alot and love their site for their superb free patterns. :happydance:

Hi I'm from Greater Manchester. Where do you get lion brand from? I haven't seen it anywhere but online.

dreamingintx
06-09-2012, 03:19 AM
I live in Derbyshire at the moment :) Did live in Texas for a bit though, hence the username!

femalemartian
07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Joined this site today. I reside in Bonnie Beautiful Scotland.......luv it.:muah:

ScientistStudy
07-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi, I have just joined this forum to get some advice on my knitting project.

I'm from North East England :yay: :thumbsup:

Lashes
10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey I'm from Greater Manchester and I've been knitting on and off for a few years now but still know very little.

I love knitting and whenever I can I'll knit away!

SamF81
11-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi, I joined on here years ago and haven't done any knitting for a few years, I've just started up again. I'm still a newbie really. I'm 30 and I am also in South Yorkshire, originally from West Yorkshire lol. :)

allsturns
12-01-2012, 07:15 AM
I'm in South Wales and taught myself to knit last year...wish I'd found this forum back then!!

ebonyeyes
12-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Hello, I just found this forum and i live in Derbyshire. I love learning new techniques, and finding more for my stash.

Oxknit
12-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Hello, I'm from Oxford UK

Michmick
01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi
I'm new to both the site and knitting (well I did some as a kid but nothing for many years and had no idea what I was doing!)

I live in Croydon, south London.

We've got a Hobbycraft just down the road from us which seems to have a great choice of wool although I have no idea if its good quality or not!
Michelle

butlersabroad
01-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Hello All - Don't know if this counts but I'm originally from England but now live in Michigan in the US!

To Michelle re Hobby craft - I looked at their website and saw they carry Regia yarn which I believe is a good brand, they also have Patons too. I suppose it depends on your experience level and what you want to make. I've bought the majority of my sock wool from very similar stores in the US and have been very happy with the brands and the selection. Maybe one day I'll work my way up to using hand spun and hand dyed expensive yarn, but I'm not ready for that yet!

Kirbym
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Hi I am a uk user and live in London, can see myself using this site a lot

bethan1989
01-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Hi I'm in Wales. I'm new to knitting so far I've only made a scarf purely with knit stitches and a dishcloth with K, K2tog, Sl, YO, Kf&b. I'm enjoying it immensely but I've just bought some yarn called Paton's Fab Big and I'm trying to do the scarf pattern on the label and failing miserably. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it, I'm going to post my question into the How to section if you wouldn't mind taking a look?

Hillers4
02-08-2013, 03:55 AM
I am a Brit living in California. Love to knit in Alpaca even thou weather is not that cold. Love the knitting magazines you have in the UK, they look better than the ones here