PDA

View Full Version : Booga Bag question.

nanabug
03-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Has anyone made the Booga Bag? Most felted bags that I have made call for using a double strand of wool. I do not see that in the Booga Bag pattern but am suspicious. I'm wondering if anyone has made this bag and can tell me what you did and what sized needles you used.

KnitWit1987
03-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I have made the booga bag. You do not need to use a double strand of yarn, a single strand works great. Also I used 10 1/2 circular needles. Good Luck :)

Lisa R.
03-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Single strand of worsted weight, size 10 1/2 needles. No problems. It turned out well.

I have seen some patterns call for double-stranded, but lots don't. I'm about to finish up another one that only calls for single stranded worsted weight.

I think double-stranding just makes it a much firmer bag.

nanabug
03-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks. I made two adorable child sized purses from "Pursenalities". The pattern was called "All Square". I was looking for a bigger, similar version for an adult and thought the Booga Bag looked close. However, if it is not a firm purse, it would not be what I'm looking for. The Pursenalities purse used double strands knit on size 15 needles. Has anyone seen this one? Maybe I could just use some math and make that one larger. It stands on it's own when felted.