PDA

View Full Version : cereal box challange

princess
03-10-2008, 12:58 AM
alright, since i am obsessed with reuse and recycling i thought i would see what my fellow kh'ers could come up with. How would/could/do you reuse cereal boxes?
so far i fold them into new usable boxes, and cut out a circle(of sorts) and wrap in tin foil to put cakes on.

what are your ideas?

Topacio
03-10-2008, 04:46 AM
If you have any small puzzles, you could use the back and front of the box as a backing, and glue the puzzle together. When I was little I would always use left over cardboard boxes and then put the puzzle posters on my wall. Good project for kids.

maniago
03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Do you have a link on how to fold them?

feministmama
03-10-2008, 12:28 PM
put yarn in them

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
put yarn in them

BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLIANT! :cheering:

My cats play in whatever empty boxes I have around... and you haven't seen everything till you watch fred cram himself into a grape nuts box :teehee:

princess
03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.curbly.com/Chrisjob/posts/3260-How-To-Make-Cereal-Gift-Boxes-

i have a template from another i got online, but i cant locate that one for some strange reason :/

kellyh57
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
If you have any small puzzles, you could use the back and front of the box as a backing, and glue the puzzle together. When I was little I would always use left over cardboard boxes and then put the puzzle posters on my wall. Good project for kids.

Ha, I was going to post almost the same thing. We use the box front itself as a puzzle though. The kids already know what it looks like so they have an instant puzzle and don't have that picture to look at. If they get lost (or chewed up by their baby brother) it's no big deal.

Kelly

lelvsdgs
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I flatten them the cut them so they are one big piece and use them to make templates for sewing projects.

This is one kind of box my kitties haven't discovered yet...

Ellieblue
03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I use mine to store my magazines. One box will hold a years worth.:sun:

get_her_donne
03-10-2008, 09:22 PM
I give them to my gerbils to chew on ^_^

bethany
03-11-2008, 11:09 AM
put yarn in them
and store needles in there too?!

Wonder if you could wet them, place them around your plants in the garden to keep weeds away, like wet newspapers?

laptop_knitter
03-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I saw one cut flat and used as packaging for transporting straight needles - fasten the top and bottom of the tube with the tabs. Worked great!