PDA

View Full Version : TLC cotton plus is so easy to knit with

jijiewang
03-10-2008, 11:48 PM
I really love the feeling when knitting with this yarn. So smoothly glide through the needles, and has just the right amount of "give" to give me the springy feel. As comfortable as wool for me.

And I just got 18 skein as $2/skein. :cheering:

Jan in CA
03-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the review! That's good to know!:thumbsup:

mwhite
03-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree and you got a great price! :cheering: :cheering: I've always sung the praises to this yarn! It's polished and extremely durable. Great washability and looks good with very nice stitch definition! Oh yeah, it's affordable, too! Made this afghan with double strands of TLC Cotton Plus:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/MMQC/Knitted%20Items/th_HPIM25881.jpg (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/MMQC/Knitted%20Items/HPIM25881.jpg)

Simmom2001
03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Do Michaels or Joanns sell this yarn? I have kept an eye out for it there but have never seen it. Any reasonable places to order it online?

mwhite
03-11-2008, 08:10 AM
I buy it from Joann's, usually at $2.69 per 178yd. skein! Great colors, too!

jijiewang
03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Do Michaels or Joanns sell this yarn? I have kept an eye out for it there but have never seen it. Any reasonable places to order it online?

I bought it online. I was on sale last week $2.02. combined with free shipping. It is a good deal.

cam90066
03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I've always purch it online. A LYS carries it but for almost twice the online price. I love working with it....have about 12 skeins of 'cream' waiting for the right project. Just wish it came in more colors (like gray, brown, dk green) and 'richer' variegateds.

ETA: as much as I like working with this yarn, it doesn't 'recycle' well. I made a cardi out of it, didn't turn out as hoped so frogged it. The frogged yarn curled and twisted onto itself and was miserable to work with. I tried rewinding it counter to how I'd orig wound it but didn't help. The finished garment is not wearing well, either. I've only worn it a handful of time yet the fabric looks like it's been 'abused.' I have to point a finger at the recycling as the culprit as I made the same sweater for my mother around the same time. She loved it, wore it constantly. She passed away last fall so her sweater was returned to me (to perhaps re-use the yarn). Her sweater looks brand new. Mine looks like it's been thru the war.

cam

Ilove2knit
03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm using this yarn for my Tempting 2, and I love it! I'm going to buy more; I just don't know what I'll use it for yet...:knitting: :knitting:

tokmom
03-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Thanks, I'm always looking for cotton yarns. :)

Robinknits
03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the yarn review. I was just looking for a cotton blend yarn for a sweater. I think I'll try this.

mwhite
03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I've always purch it online. A LYS carries it but for almost twice the online price. I love working with it....have about 12 skeins of 'cream' waiting for the right project. Just wish it came in more colors (like gray, brown, dk green) and 'richer' variegateds.

ETA: as much as I like working with this yarn, it doesn't 'recycle' well. I made a cardi out of it, didn't turn out as hoped so frogged it. The frogged yarn curled and twisted onto itself and was miserable to work with. I tried rewinding it counter to how I'd orig wound it but didn't help. The finished garment is not wearing well, either. I've only worn it a handful of time yet the fabric looks like it's been 'abused.' I have to point a finger at the recycling as the culprit as I made the same sweater for my mother around the same time. She loved it, wore it constantly. She passed away last fall so her sweater was returned to me (to perhaps re-use the yarn). Her sweater looks brand new. Mine looks like it's been thru the war.

cam

Acrylic is tough but you should always wash it in a gentle or delicate cycle and although it takes awhile, lay flat to dry. Now, cotton tends to get stiff, so you can throw it into the dryer with a damp washcloth once it's flat dry. This will help keep it from pilling or otherwise looking abused. HTH Mary

cam90066
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Now, cotton tends to get stiff, so you can throw it into the dryer with a damp washcloth once it's flat dry. This will help keep it from pilling or otherwise looking abused. HTH Mary

Given how little I've worn my cardi it's not yet been washed. Mom,however, machine washed/dried hers. I still contend it was the frogging.

cam