PDA

View Full Version : grafting question?

MadelineM
03-11-2008, 07:00 PM
So, I finished my first lace scarf! It's a tiger eye pattern, and it's beautiful. I did it in 2 pieces for symmetry, and grafted them together at the end. But I must have been high or something, because I grafted them with the right sides together by accident, so the grafting ridge is on the right side instead of the wrong side. I know it's a little thing, but it bugs me...would it be a total pain in the neck to undo the grafting and do it over? How would one even do that? Or should I just live with it? :-p

knit2btied
03-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't know the answer, but I'll bump you so that the "smart" experienced knitters see this...

Jan in CA
03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
It sounds like you did a 3 needle bind off. I think I'd remove the bind off and redo it. You'll be happier in the end.

Another thought..if you do this again sometime I'd use an invisible cast on and then use kitchener to graft so their would be no ridge at all.

MadelineM
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, that's the thing...I DID use kitchener. I knew that 3-needle bindoff would give me a ridge I didn't want. I'm not exactly sure why the ridge exists, but I haven't grafted a ton of stuff, so I thought maybe it just happens sometimes? Where did it even come from?