PDA

View Full Version : Download Videos

DuendedelosHilos
03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi,
I wanted to get some videos to put on my Ipod and see them anywhere to be able to learn without being connected. This is possible? What should I do? Thank you for everything!

Silver
03-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Do you mean the videos here at Knitting Help? What kind of iPod do you have? I don't believe there is a way to watch KH videos on an iPod except the iPod Touch, where you can search Youtube for knittinghelp videos.

Knitting_Guy
03-13-2008, 02:22 PM
It is possible. You would need a program to convert them to the video format used by your iPod. I can do that easily on my Linux system but am not sure what applications are available for a Windows or Mac system. I'm sure there are applications available for that if you search for them.

As for downloading the videos themselves, as long as Amy doesn't object (you should ask her), there is a video download helper extension for the Firefox web browser that makes it a snap.

clarkeee
03-15-2008, 09:45 AM
If you're looking at YouTube videos, you can try to use the site http://www.zamzar.com. All you need to do it post the URL of the YouTube video into Zamzar and it will convert it for you for download.

Make sure when you choose the file format for downloading you want to choose .mov because that is the QuickTime format. Once you download the file from Zamzar (they'll email you when it's ready), you can drag/drop it into your iTunes library. Once it's in iTunes, you right-click it and choose "convert selection for iPod."

Depending on how you sync your iPod it will either go over automatically when you sync the next time, or you will need to manually drag/drop it from your iTunes library to your iPod library.

It sounds like a lot of steps, but it's pretty easy.

As for the KnittingHelp videos, I don't know. I just know there are tons of videos on YouTube that might also be helpful for you.

I don't know if that helps.