PDA

View Full Version : Patons Classic Merino Wool

nonny2t
03-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Opinions on how this does as knitted up in a sweater? Is it too scratchy for a kid or would it be soft enough? Thanks

babsnelson
03-13-2008, 04:08 PM
I just started the "Must Have Cardigan" using this. I would say it's a bit too scratchy for a baby, but might be OK for a toddler?? Older kids would be fine unless they are more sensitive. My kids wouldn't put up with it, but they are fairly sensitive about those things - heck they love Homespun :doh: .

Anyone else have any input?

G J
03-13-2008, 11:05 PM
I've only used it for felting. It felts GREAT, so be careful when washing it!

Debkcs
03-14-2008, 01:20 AM
I looked at it for a sweater for myself and decided it's way to scratchy. But then, my skin seems to be sensitive to a lot of pure wool types.

Have fun finding your yarn!

nonny2t
03-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks everyone! I thought as much, but wanted to get input from those who have used it. My dh thinks the sweater is too girly looking so I may go for something I can adapt for the 8 year old and the 1 year old and make them something matching. They are cousins and the older one would love it if Jackson had a matching sweater to his.

Jouf
03-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I just made a Must Have out of it and it feels great. My friend just made a sweater for her husband and it is really nice. I don't think baby stuff would work, but for a cardigan, it's fantastic. Friends DH may wear a tee shirt under it, but it feels great.