PDA

View Full Version : lois daykin baby knits cable + lace wrap cardigan

mamilala
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
hi, i'm working on Lois Daykin's baby knits book, cable and lace wrap cardigan size 18-24m and having soooo much trouble!!! first of all, it's my first cable OR lace. second of all, i am calculating the stitch count and it works for all the sizes except for the 18-24m. no matter how many times i count, it does not match!!! i think this is miss print.... baby items have time limit issue, and i've been working on the first 15 rows for a whole month!!! (i only knit about 30min a day) i think i might call the publisher, but does anyone have any suggestion? has anyone worked on this cardigan? it's very cute.

mamamanning
12-26-2008, 01:04 AM
hi, i'm working on Lois Daykin's baby knits book, cable and lace wrap cardigan size 18-24m and having soooo much trouble!!! first of all, it's my first cable OR lace. second of all, i am calculating the stitch count and it works for all the sizes except for the 18-24m. no matter how many times i count, it does not match!!! i think this is miss print.... baby items have time limit issue, and i've been working on the first 15 rows for a whole month!!! (i only knit about 30min a day) i think i might call the publisher, but does anyone have any suggestion? has anyone worked on this cardigan? it's very cute.
Hello,
I am having the same problem! Sounds like we are at the same skill level, although I have probably advanced a few notches reworking this pattern about 10 times. Did anyone ever reply? I just joined this group so I haven't worked through how to view replies. I am also attempting the 24 month size.

Mirl56
12-26-2008, 11:53 AM
If there had been any replys to the original post, you'd be able to see them listed here.

I looked up the book and the pattern at www.ravelry.com. You have to join, but you might want to if you're not a member there already. I didn't see any errors mentioned relating to stitch count. There was a mention to an eyelet row above the pattern stitch not being in the instructions.

I also did a general google serach for knitting book errata but couldn't find anything on this book.

Marria
12-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Could you give us the line(s) of the pattern where you are running in to trouble? Maybe we could help you figure out if there is something "off" there...