PDA

View Full Version : determined to be a yarn 'ho

twoxover
03-15-2008, 08:11 AM
ok...started knitting three weeks ago, got my first box of win from ebay <grin>>.....anyone want to help plan the projects? here's what i've got...

10 skeins of classic elite's two two yarn (chunky wool....each skein
is 55 yards...not enough for a sweater for me...but perhaps for my six
year old son??)
2 skeins of debbie bliss merino chunky
10 balls of ICE kid mohair....again not enough for a sweater, but
perhaps a vest i think?
two skeins of plymouth yarns handpaint wool--really chunky!
three balls of tahki panda
one skein of lionbrands bolero
four balls of tahki safari
and two small balls of a grey wool.

betsey (the dumb blonde)

Newbie2Knitting
03-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Holy cow!!! If you can't think of any ideas for all that, feel free to send it my way. I'd hate to see your house cluttered with all that unused yarn....:whistle:

WandaT
03-15-2008, 08:40 AM
LOL ... sounds like you're off to a fabulous start!!! Wow you got lots of fun stuff! No ideas on the projects (yet) but I'm sure others will come up with some great ideas!

Plantgoddess+
03-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Get signed up at Ravelry and then you can look up your yarn and see what projects others have made with it.

redheadrachel
03-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Yes, Ravelry would help tons! Good luck :muah:

Babyduck87
03-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Wow! :inlove: Now that's gonna be fun to play with!

twoxover
03-15-2008, 11:33 PM
i did go to ravelry...i'm on the waiting list <grin>....but, i'm enjoying the new stash! or, at least contemplating what it will all be when knitted upon.

betsey

mwhite
03-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Get signed up at Ravelry and then you can look up your yarn and see what projects others have made with it.

I tried this today but don't think I did the right thing, can you tell me what I need to click on, etc...? I get on there and feel so completely lost... I wanted to find something made from RY Classic Natural Silk Aran. All I could come up with was pages of what people had made from silk. Mary

KnittingNat
03-16-2008, 08:44 AM
mwhite - go to the "yarns" section, type the name of the yarn. Then Ravelry will search it for you and find it AND other related yarns. Click on the yarn and go to the right side of the page, where it shows the number of projects made with it. Click on the projects and you'll see everything.

KnittingNat
03-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Ok, they call this yarn RYC natural silk aran. Here's (http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/rowan-ryc-natural-silk-aran/projects) the link to all the projects with that yarn.

KnittingNat
03-16-2008, 08:55 AM
10 skeins of classic elite's two two yarn (chunky wool....each skein Maybe a lapghan? Or a set of mittens and capelet?
is 55 yards...not enough for a sweater for me...but perhaps for my six
year old son??)
2 skeins of debbie bliss merino chunky How about pair of Fetching (http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTfetching.html)?
10 balls of ICE kid mohair....again not enough for a sweater, but
perhaps a vest i think? Depends on the yardage, maybe a nice, lacy cardigan?
two skeins of plymouth yarns handpaint wool--really chunky!
three balls of tahki panda - Legwarmers?
one skein of lionbrands bolero
four balls of tahki safari
and two small balls of a grey wool.

mwhite
03-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks so much, KnittingNat! I'm trying to bust my stash and this will really help!

twoxover
03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
thanks KNitting nat--you have wonderful ideas!! (i need to come hang out at your house!!)

my parents and rest of my family were here today...celebrating easter dinner a week early...my mom LOVED the stash <grin>...and, took home the dishcloth i finished today! (my family cracks me up...my sister was fighting for it as well....)

betsey