PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Harlot

dalisn28
03-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Has everyone read Stephanie's blog today? I've not laughed that hard in a long time. She had me going so much that now I'm wheezing. Too dang funny. I even had to share it with my Mom (a non-knitter).

:chair: :clink: :roflhard:

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

auburnchick
03-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, I read it. I have to say that when I read her entry yesterday, I did think that 12K (or was it 14?) was a long way to walk, but I didn't comment. How funny that she got onto her readers for not saying anything!

What a hoot she is! :roflhard:

Natrasha
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I thought she was nuts. I don't know how far 14 km is, but I do know it's not a "hop, skip, and a jump" (as we say here in the South). She's very fortunate to have come across Ron.

She is very clever in so many ways. That was one of her best posts, IMO.

knitgal
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
14 kilometres is almost 9 miles.
I replied to her post today with a story about one time when I was younger and my stepmom had dropped a friend and I off at horseback riding lessons. She was going to visit a friend who owned a farm. Someone asked her how far away it was and she said "oh, it's only two blocks north and then two stop signs". Well after our lesson we waited and then got tired of waiting so we decided to walk. Well, let's just say two blocks north and two stop signs is a lot further in the country than it is in the city. We walked 11.5 kilometres (almost 7.5 miles) and were exhausted. My stepmom was furious we had left, but secretly I think she was a little proud we had walked so far.

rorygilmore
03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
I read it! She's so funny. I wish I could see her in April, she'll at a book signing about an hour away from here. But I don't i'll be able to make it. :sad:

Denise in Michigan
03-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Of course her readers didn't try to dissuade her! We know she can do anything!;)

knitncook
03-19-2008, 07:00 PM
:chair: OMG!!! I'm laughing so hard I think I"m having an asthma attack!! I love her writings!!