PDA

View Full Version : So happy w/ harmony sock needles!

Mulderknitter
03-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Does anyone else have this set? I love sock needles. I love to knit socks. I love sock yarn. Ever since I learned to knit I have always wanted to knit socks. And I do. And I wear them with fancy shoes to show off the socks.
Last week my lYS had a sale on Tofutsies yarn. Gorgeous. Great price $12 a skein. saved yarn knowing harmony needles coming. needles came. Pattern? MONKEY SOCKS!
I feel like a rock star with this yarn, needles, and pattern.
If you love to knit socks, get the harmony sock set, some great sock yarn, a great pattern and GO!

Debkcs
03-20-2008, 03:26 AM
You're talking about the dpn's, right? I make my socks on circ's, and have been wanting to find a 'set' of the Harmony, but it doesn't seem they sell them in sets.

Mulderknitter
03-20-2008, 08:08 AM
You're talking about the dpn's, right? I make my socks on circ's, and have been wanting to find a 'set' of the Harmony, but it doesn't seem they sell them in sets.
Yea, I am talking about the dpn's. I haven't made socks on circs yet, I really like making them on dpns.

suecq
03-20-2008, 08:46 AM
I so agree with your assesment. I just love the KP Harmony DP sock set.

Doublereeder2
03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
I also loooooooooooooooooove my Harmony DPNs (tho I do not have a set - just 2 pair each of the sizes I use)

Abbily
03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
I have harmony dpn's and nickle-plated knitpicks long circs for socks, and LOVE them both!

The.Knitter
03-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I have the Harmony dpn sock needle set and I absolutely LOVE it!!

Plantgoddess+
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Have you used the 0's, and how do they hold up? How visible are the stitches against the dark wood with the tiny stitches on 0's and 1's?

The.Knitter
03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
I am using the 1`s right now against red yarn and they are fine. I tried the 0`s and they seem strong enough but the fabric was too tight so I moved up a size for these socks. I just finished a set of dark blue socks on the 2`s and had no problems. As I said I LOVE this sock needle set!

WildMountainHoney
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
I just finished a pair of cocoa brown socks on the 0s, and while I was nervous (they bend a bit) all was well - and, ime, there is enough lighter colors that I don't have too much trouble seeing the stitches, and if I do, can just slightly turn the needle, to get to a lighter stripe, and all is good!

However, I dropped one of the 0s, and dh stepped on it, and it snapped :pout: so I'm very glad they come in a set of 6!

Abbily
03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Have you used the 0's, and how do they hold up? How visible are the stitches against the dark wood with the tiny stitches on 0's and 1's?

I bought the nickle-plated circs because I was knitting dark brown socks on the harmony dpn's and was having a hard time seeing the stitches. I was using size 1's.