PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Crocheted Hat Pattern

LRHBeads
03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I was at the bookstore today and finally bought Nicky Epstein's Crocheted Flowers book which I have been wanting for months. While there I was looking at all the other great books on knitting and crocheting and saw this cute little book called: "Cool Crocheted Hats" by Linda Kopp. There is a cute hat on the cover of the book called Ruffled Pillbox Designed by Paula J. Gron. I love this little hat. I was hoping to find this pattern on the internet somewhere, as I hate to buy the whole book just to get one pattern. If any one has seen this on the internet somewhere please give me a shout! Thanks

I might even try to go by the library and see if they have the book and just copy this one pattern.

Jan in CA
03-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Here's some ideas..

You can check to see if the library has it then copy just that pattern. Or you can check Crochet Pattern Central (http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php) under the hats section. If you don't get what you need here we have a crochet forum with crocheters that might be of even more help. :thumbsup:

shifio
03-22-2008, 08:14 AM
maybe try googling Paula J. Gron see what comes up

lancilot
04-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Hope you were able to find the info you were looking for re PaulaGron's pillbox hat pattern. I happened to be interested in this same pattern, and was searching the net, hopefully to find additional pics of it on Gron's site. It was this search that led me to this site and your interest in the same project.

I had checked out Cool Crocheted Hats from the library for another project I just completed....Jonathan James' Tiers Beret...for my daughter. My wife spotted Paula Gron's hat on the cover, and really liked it. So this will be my next hat project.

CCH has a lot of interesting projects...some quite unique. The James beret was a real learning experience for me, since I had not worked with this type of yarn before. A bit frustrating at first, but the project turned out ok. JJames had several pics available on his site, which was very helpful with seeing what the final project was supposed to look like.

Hope you enjoy your 'pillbox' project.

lancilot
04-28-2008, 09:38 AM
PaulaJGron pillbox hat

Wonder if you were successful in finding this pattern, and if you have tried working the project yet. I tried working with it over the weekend, but ran into what seems to be a sercious mismatch between the stitch instructions, and the final size of the hat. I had to do a great deal of improvising to get results that will work.

At any rate, I'd be very interested in hearing about your results with this project.

Thanks.