PDA

View Full Version : new needles

shifio
03-22-2008, 07:15 AM
was in the yarn shop the other day spotted some needles, i asked the woman, she said they were plastic and reinforced with copper, so i thought i would try a pair and they were not cheap, but they were to bendy for me, i have ordered a pair of bamboo ones see how i get on with them, but probably end up just using my steel ones

knitncook
03-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I don't care much for the plastic ones either. I enjoy the feel of wood or bamboo and they tend not to be a slick as metal needles. I love the KP Options and Harmony needles. They are just SO nice!

shifio
03-22-2008, 08:54 AM
i cant wait for my bamboo ones to arrive:woot:

luciep
03-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I don't really like the bamboo ones. Maybe it is because I am not yet an expert in knitting. I prefer the Susan Bates ones, because the yarn slides on it (but not too much), it seems to be quality needles, and I like the colors they have.

KnittinMitchie
03-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I have the plastic DPNs and like those. I also have the KP Options Set in the Nickel. At the moment I only have one pair of bamboo needles, which I bought to finish the collar of a sweater. They have actually became one of my favorite pairs of needles. The other pair of plastic needles I have are 10" Us8/5mm which I use to knit dish cloths on.

Lollilulu
03-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I have some bamboo needles and I looove them! They're light, not slippery, and I like the feel of them in my hands. Also good in winter when metal ones would be cold! ;)

My Grandmother gave me some plastic ones and I'm not really comfortable with the texture...whenever I've got the choice I'll definitely go with wood.

jess_hawk
03-23-2008, 08:46 AM
I've never tried plastic needles, because I'm addicted to metal ones. I love the feel of wood and bamboo, but I knit too tight and usually end up having a hard time with them. Having a variety is good idea though, IMO, because sometimes you just feel like something different.