PDA

View Full Version : how difficult does this vest look?

twoxover
03-22-2008, 07:04 PM
remembering i am a beginner....

http://www.paradisefibers.net/Naturally-Childs-Pullover-Vest-Kit-p/198365.htm

thank you!

betsey

suzeeq
03-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Shouldn't be too difficult - we're here to help you if you get stuck in a place or two.

dreamsherl
03-22-2008, 09:20 PM
That looks like a good beginner project.

boo1
03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
if you run into problems. I'm not a great knitter but sometimes I can figure out answers, but we've got some GREAT knitters who can solve the most puzzling stuff!

I think it's great that you're making a wearable soon into your knitting career. :) I can't tell you how many scarves I made before I branched out!

twoxover
03-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Boo-

thank you for the encouragement! i still need to just order the kit, and then circle it a million times first! nothing ventured, nothing gained....

betsey

scmomof4
03-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Some of my best first projects were vests- they knit up quickly and I didn't have to face the psychological challenge of doing the second sleeve. (I have a project or two just waiting for me to do the second sleeve. :teehee: )

I think it is a great idea to get a yarn and pattern that have been "matched" for you so that you won't be struggling with that process.

A word to the wise... Perhaps pick a size larger than where your child is now- if your gauge is a bit off and it comes out small you still can have your child wear it- and if it comes out big then they just get to wear it longer. :D Or, if it takes you longer to knit it than you expected then your child is less likely to have "grown through" it.

I did a vest for my dd1 and it turned out to fit my dd4. :wink:

Keep us posted of your progress!

Knitting_Guy
03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Just dive right in! Plenty of help here if it's needed.

Jaxhil
03-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Very cute vest!! I think its a perfect starter project-my first item was a vest, too. And since it's child-sized it'll be QUICK :mrgreen: Well relatively speaking, anyway :teehee:

twoxover
03-23-2008, 10:37 PM
thanks hilary!
i'm going to order it tomorrow.....

betsey

booskibabe
03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
That looks cute and easy.:thumbsup:

twoxover
03-26-2008, 07:23 AM
hiya-
i ordered it yesterday from Paradise Fibers....instead of online, i called the order in...i am SO pleased with the service! it was going to ship yesterday as well, and best of all...mailing with first class postage was 1.98--instead of the usual jacked up shipping prices lots of companies charge.

I also bought an extra skein, as a "just in case" and/or to knit a hat to match....

betsey

Ashley13
03-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I think that looks like a terrific project for a beginner! Enjoy.