PDA

View Full Version : Raverly Invite

Momof4Greys
03-26-2008, 02:51 PM
How long does it normally take to get your invitation from Raverly?? Once your in, how easy is it to navigate within the site??

efooey
03-26-2008, 02:56 PM
not sure how long it is taking these days, but the site is VERY VERY easy and fun to use!

E

suzeeq
03-26-2008, 02:59 PM
It should only be a week to 10 days now. It's fairly easy to use; just start clicking the buttons at the top of the page to see where it lands you.... <weg>

Knit4Pie
03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
I've been waiting since Thursday, but then again, there was the Easter Holiday, so... I'm so impatient. I want my invite NOW! LOL

Jan in CA
03-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Only took my friend about a week or so. They go fast now. ;)

dreamsherl
03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Check where you are on the invite list here http://www.ravelry.com/antsy

jhelanee
03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
In site navigation is very easy. There are some introductory guides and chat groups as well if you need pointers. As mentioned before, invites are now taking about 7-10 days to get. If longer than that goes by, check your spam filter as the invites sometimes get diverted there. Hotmail in particular is know to eat Ravelry invites, so if you have one of those addresses you may need to give Ravelry an alternate address to actually be able to receive the invite.

Belphoebe
03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I signed up on the 17th of March and still have 1441 people in front of me.

fibrenut
03-27-2008, 09:28 PM
The navigation part is sorta like going to Disneyland.
There is so much to see and do that you can't possibly go through it all in one sitting. LOL:)

suzeeq
03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
about 2 or 3 more days then....

Curly_Toot
03-28-2008, 12:46 AM
There is so much to see and do that you can't possibly go through it all in one sitting. LOL:)
Definatly got to agree with Fibrenut... its not until you get your notebook sorted that you realise there is all this other stuff as well. Groups, forums, pattern searches, checkin out what your buddies have qeued and stashed, what other people have done with patterns that youre interested in, blog posts, all the different patterns used by a particular yarn.... i'm sure there is more i've forgotten, or i havent found yet ;)
I wasnt too enthused about it at first but it grows on you and becomes addictive. Ravelry is the first place I go to now when i want to find something knitting related.

LovelyLinda
03-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I sent in my request for Ravelry a few days ago and there are 4999 people ahead of me. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Jan in CA
03-28-2008, 02:25 PM

And no matter which way you go there is always something fun and interesting! :thumbsup:

Jax3303
03-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I can't help but to find it funny that there are people (on here and other sites) who are complaining/acting sad about having to wait a week or 2 to get into Ravelry. It's just so funny to me because I waited about 2 1/2 months to get in, and people ahead of me waited 3+ months.

oh, and to anyone not in yet, HELL YES it is SOOOOO worth the wait.

LovelyLinda
03-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Not complaining, just waiting to see what everyone is talking about as it sounds great.

knitgal
03-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I can't help but to find it funny that there are people (on here and other sites) who are complaining/acting sad about having to wait a week or 2 to get into Ravelry. It's just so funny to me because I waited about 2 1/2 months to get in, and people ahead of me waited 3+ months.

I agree! I was just thinking that while I was reading the posts. I waited over a month (not as long as you) and I thought I did pretty well. Now they're taking people so quickly and everyone is so eager to get in. I guess it's a good thing that everyone wants to be a part of something so cool!

Momof4Greys
04-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Hi everyone,
We've been out of town on Spring Break and I wasn't able to check the posts. Thanks for all the information on what is in store for all of us waiting to get in. Everyone seems to be talking about Raverly and I guess we waiters are just anxious to join in the fun!!!!

Momof4Greys
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I just got my INVITE!!!!!!!! I'm so excited and I don't know where to begin. Think I'll just browse through the site and soak it all in before I actually begin.
By the way, I checked this morning (Nigeria time):hot: and I had 1600 in front of me so talk about moving those invites Fast!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Knit4Pie
04-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I just got mine too today!! Yay! I'm Knit4Pie over there. I'll be just looking around for a while too.

Momof4Greys
04-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! I'm MomOf4Greys on Raverly. I'm still browsing around, it's so much STUFF!!!!!

cam90066
04-01-2008, 12:39 PM

Touché.

cam

Cynamar
04-02-2008, 01:12 AM
I thought I had been on the list for a long time but I wasn't when I checked this weekend. I am now. Is there another knitting group somewhere with a waiting list? I remember signing up for one.

suzeeq
04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Maybe a yahoo group?

Knit4Pie
04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Would the invite been routed to your junk mail? Maybe you did put your name in to Ravelry and you didn't see your invitation because of this?

Plantgoddess+
04-02-2008, 05:03 PM
There is a KH group over at Ravelry as well so you may see friends from here at that site as well.

Cynamar
04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I'll bet you're right. Bet it went to my Spam folder so I had to start all over.

suzeeq
04-02-2008, 08:05 PM
You don't have to start over; email the contact for the Ravelry site and ask if you registered, and if an invitation was sent out. This has happened to oh... a few hundred or so people, where it ended up in the Junk/spam mailbox.

Cynamar
04-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I've gotten in the habit of emptying that folder without checking it first. I am trying to remember to since you mentioned that!

suzeeq
04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Also, is it possible that you registered under a different email that you don't use much and haven't checked?

Cynamar
04-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Now that one I'm sure about. I use one email for everything. Unless I had a typo.

suzeeq
04-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Well email the admin and ask about it; they're used to emails like that...

Cynamar
04-03-2008, 12:35 AM
I will. Thanks!!!

Cynamar
04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
The other day, when I was talking about this here, I signed up again. Today I went to Ravelry and clicked to check where I am on the list and got this, "Your invitation was sent on November 27, 2007. We just sent you a new copy of the email (from invitations@ravelry.com) in case it was lost or eaten by a spam filter." They did send the invitation immediately after I got this message and I did sign up. YAY!!! I am also Cynamar there.

lacalagirl
04-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I've been waiting 7 days now and I can't wait for my invite . I'm really getting back into the knitting bug. :knitting: This month I have even managed to obtain a very small stash :woot:

Rachel

Momof4Greys
04-04-2008, 05:07 PM
The other day, when I was talking about this here, I signed up again. Today I went to Ravelry and clicked to check where I am on the list and got this, "Your invitation was sent on November 27, 2007. We just sent you a new copy of the email (from invitations@ravelry.com) in case it was lost or eaten by a spam filter." They did send the invitation immediately after I got this message and I did sign up. YAY!!! I am also Cynamar there.
:woot: CONGRATS!!!!! :grphug: Ravelrying is very addicting, but fun, helpful, interesting, and great at helping you organize what you're knitting and what you want to knit. Have fun learning and playing, I sure am!!!!:happydance:

Cynamar
04-04-2008, 07:39 PM
I am inventorying my stash tonight! That is such a cool feature. I am very excited about Ravelry! I'm frustrated because of my internet. Our phone lines need repaired (and I can't afford it) so the only internet we can get is with Charter and I've had a little dispute with them and we're on a standoff. With my daughter's laptop we can get on the school's network from certain spots in the house. It's very restricted. Knittinghelp works but Ravelry is blocked. Darn it! The library is at the end of our block, though, so I can use Ravelry there. At home, when Julianne is home, I'll hang out here! I like it anyway. It's cozier.