PDA

View Full Version : SAVE THE CHILDREN - Brits hit half million mark & then some! Pix

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

ritaw
05-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Hiya Rita

"Ellie - I am not sure what yarn i have used because i have had it a long time and the ball bands gone . Could be off a market stall maybe" she said.

Oohh - well, there's a blow :verysad:- lovely shade of chocolate but no ball band - bummer

Just had a thought!:figureditout:

Would it be ok next time you fancy a bit of chocolate (if you're like me, that could be in the next five minutes) to go and get a few different bars (strictly in the interests of knitting karma, of course) unwrap them and check them against the yarn?

This, though, might pose a bit of a problem - I mean, what would you do with all that uneaten choc!??

Nah - maybe that's not such a good idea after all!

- oo, I know :figureditout::figureditout:- why not send me a small sample of the yarn and then I could go out and get a few bars (again, strictly in the interests of knitting karma) and test them for colour!

I've just had another look at that very fine hat and indeedy, it does put me in mind of a Mars Bar, but I could be wrong - Galaxy could fit the bill but just to be on the safe side, I'd have to have a squint at Cadbury's Dairy Milk as well. We don't have a problem with uneaten choc around here - longest shelf-life is two minutes and ticking.

Some twerp I share the house with has just pointed out that I could get the sample of yarn from you and go to a wool shop and match it up!

Have you ever heard the like of it? Matching up chocolate wool without the the chocolate! - doesn't bear thinking about. Obviously a non-knitter!:noway:

Oh - well, sacrifices have to be made - so I'll get practicing with the choc.

Start off with my favourite, which sort of matches my avatar as well!

http://www.sweetnapa.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/CIMG8583.thumbnail.JPG

Snap out of it !!!!
LOL You have one thing on the brain . Suck a mint instead lol . Hehehe
I will send a sample in the post :)

Nikkilc
05-23-2008, 04:15 AM
that hat reminded me of choc and mint ice cream yummmmmm
and its very cute

momwolf
05-23-2008, 07:20 AM
All this talk about chocolate made me want to take a nice relaxing bath

Limey
05-23-2008, 09:53 AM
You can get those chocolate oranges in the US at World Market. YUM!!!!!!

Shush!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just checked, Cyndi - they don't have any - never have had any - and don't intend to get any!!!

It must have been a dream :sleepy: - The only supply of Terry's Choc Orange is the UK - and at a supermarket near me - nowhere else!

(I've blackmailing Julie for years with the threat of orange withdrawal!) :teehee:

Ellie

momwolf
05-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Ellie you been What?:noway::nails::tap:
Blackmail huh,Well here's to you
http://bestsmileys.com/falling/2.gif

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Here's another hat for you :hug:

Limey
05-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Hiya Rita, who said: "Snap out of it" - OK - will do.

Hmm - bit difficult, though - can't find Buttersnap for love nor money, so will have to make do with Dime Bars.

Wouldn'tcha know it? Can't find chocstix, either but don't despair, we're not the only ones

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/mtype2/whatever/archives/buttersnap_bar/

You're right, Nicky - come to think of it, that shade of brown does remind me of choccy/mint ice-cream :mmm::mmm:

Oo - there's something else you said Rita - got one thing on my mind - or somesuch - can't remember what now!

Oo - yeah - that Dime Bar thing - anybody know where I can get cinder toffee coated in milk choc?

I think I'm definitely a coconut head - after Bounty, I love Raspbery Ruffles and the pink coconut and yellow coconut sweets in Allsorts
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/raspberry-ruffles-p-70.html

It's amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it - just thinking of coconut now! :inlove: and guess what? - it's the same colour as your wool! How's that for a coincidence?
:teehee:

Anybody else have any 'What happened to ....?' favourite sweets
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/mtype2/whatever/archives/sweet_memories/

Limey
05-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Ellie you been What?:noway::nails::tap:
Blackmail huh,Well here's to you
http://bestsmileys.com/falling/2.gif

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Here's another hat for you :hug:

Hiya Julie

Here is a disclaimer right away: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DREAM OR HALLUCINATE ABOUT.

If Cyndi is deluded enough to think you can get Terry's Chocolate Orange in the US, then at the very least, she should go and lie down in a darkened room!

Tut, Julie - send the lass some orange juice and a Hershey Bar from me!!!

As if I'd do such a thing :twisted:........ as blackmail you :twisted:..... well, really ..............

Thank you so much for another lovely hat - that's a very pretty shade of blue and I love the splash of delicate pink.

I must get cracking myself and knit a bit more - try later tonight - keep breaking off from the typing - fingers still tingling.

All the Best

Ellie

ritaw
05-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Lovely hat Julie , I bow down to you :)

Cynamar
05-23-2008, 01:21 PM
I get them there. Or I used to.

Limey
05-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I get them there. Or I used to.

Are you quite sure about that, Cyndi???:teehee::teehee:

Have you checked your diet lately? - maybe you're short of chocolate - have you tried eating it with an orange? That way, it's very healthy - cos you get your Vit C as well!

All the Best

Ellie

momwolf
05-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Cyndi don't let Ellie fool you :teehee: Don't tell her but you can get them at Walgreen's :psst: I like her to think she can blackmail me with this candy:whistle:

Rita thanks,but for gods sake get up off your knees!!!!!!!!!!

momwolf
05-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Ellie what and the hell are you babbling about?Can't even understand what you are talking about:roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: What lass?

Ellie said-Tut, Julie - send the lass some orange juice and a Hershey Bar from me!!!

Limey
05-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Ellie what and the hell are you babbling about?Can't even understand what you are talking about:roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: What lass?

Ellie said-Tut, Julie - send the lass some orange juice and a Hershey Bar from me!!!

Hiya Julie

Well, there's a first - you don't know what the hell I'm babbling about!:rofl::roflhard::chair:

I'm talking about Cyndi, you daft bat! :roll:- who else? She's been hallucinatin' again - thinks you can get Terry's Chocolate Orange in the States! but sending her a Hershey's bar and some orange juice might help.

DQ
05-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Thank you Alicia, Julie, Rita, Nikki and Ellie for the lovely card :hug:

I can't believe you've all done so many hats! I will have to get a move on and make some more when things have settled a bit.

momwolf
05-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Where is everybody http://bestsmileys.com/silly/1.gif It's 4:40 am and I'm wide awake
DQ-:hug::hug:

Limey
05-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Where is everybody http://bestsmileys.com/silly/1.gif It's 4:40 am and I'm wide awake
DQ-:hug::hug:

Hiya Julie,

What do you mean, where's everybody? - Gone to get our pre-lunch Chocolate Fix and fixing our Post-lunch fix while we're at it.

I wish you'd get a move on and catch up with the rest of us! Six hours behind! - what can you do with her?:wink:

Please be careful waving that Morph thing about - the last time I saw it, it jumped out at me at around 2 o'clock in the morning! Scared the hell out of me!:rofl::roflhard::rofl:

All the Best, Toots

Jen:hug:

momwolf
05-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Here's another hat for ya Ellie.It's blue with a shinny silver thread running through it.
Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend.I have to work today.:!!!:

ritaw
05-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Ooohhh that hat is just yummy . It looks great Julie . :)

Limey
05-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Hiya Julie

Thanks so much for that lovely hat - I love that blue and the silver shimmer effect is gorgeous.

Where do you get such lovely yarn:inlove: from?

I dunno, between you and Rita with her truly scrumptious choc yarn, it's more like a drool fest in here some days.

Thanks so much to both of you and please keep 'em coming!

All the Best

Ellie

momwolf
05-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Ellie,I had a hard time remembering where I got Mortimerf from:roflhard: but then it all came back to me.:roflhard: I got the yarn at WalMart :teehee: Just baby yarn.
Rita, thanks again,the yarn IS yummy isn't it:inlove:.speaking of yummy I NEED some chocolate.
Ellie where's my orange chocolate?:tap:

momwolf
05-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Three more hats for ya Ellie :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:That All name is so small you can't read it ,it's suppose to say Ali.Took me a long time to get my dogs to sit for this hat photo!!!!!!!!

ritaw
05-27-2008, 09:27 AM
You crack me up Julie . :roflhard:
Here are another two hats . With two days of horrible rain , i had time to make these .

momwolf
05-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks Rita and your hats are cute as a bugs ear!!!!!!!!:teehee:

Limey
05-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Three more hats for ya Ellie :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:That All name is so small you can't read it ,it's suppose to say Ali.Took me a long time to get my dogs to sit for this hat photo!!!!!!!!

Wowsers!

Julie, have you thought of giving dog training lessons! Better yet, what about modelling lessons for pooches?:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::r oflhard::roflhard::chair::chair::chair::chair::cha ir::chair::chair:

Hmmm - Do I see Dan's pawprint all over that Pic?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Wouldn't be at all surprised!!!

What a great pic - and no wonder you can turn out hats so fast, absolutely no idea that you had inside help - there's at least another six paws there for knits and purls and three tails to help with the tension!!

Oo - by the way, what's this with the chocolate orange? Have you been eating cheese before you go to bed again? What chocolate? Nah - we definitely don't have anything like that over here, (must be some weird American thing:teehee:) never heard of it.

Nearest I can do you is something called Hershey's with a splash of orange juice. If you hang on a tick, I'll just check with Rita.

bajanKnit
05-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Alicia

Where have you been lurkin'?

We've missed you and I don't think it's right you going AWOL - leaving me on my todd trying to keep some semblance of order here with these horrors! :teehee:

If you're out of wool (and I still can't believe you haven't gone round your uncle's flock with some shears - tut! calls herself a knitter! :nails:) you can still chime in here and help me maintain my sanity just by being around.:thumbsup:

Yours, needin' backup!:shock:

Ellie
Hi Ellie
It's so nice to be missed! And apparently you do need me!!! I have ONE question???? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE with all this chocolate stuff??????? Have you guys gone batty???? All this chocolate is giving me a Migrane....

Oh people back to business lets get those hats knitted.......no more playing!!!!!!:rofl: :chair:

:) :) :) :)
Alicia

Limey
05-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Here are another two hats . With two days of horrible rain , i had time to make these .

Hiya Rita

I just love those blue hats - they're absolutely adorable - you'll have the rest of the baby's family going nuts to get a footballer's hat!

I've just replied to Julie - for some reason, she thinks that we have something called chocolate orange over here. Can't say I've heard of it myself, have you come across it all?

Sounds a bit weird, if you ask me. I think she's been on the Camembert before bed again - I've offered her a bar of Hershey's with a splash of orange poured on it. Hope it'll do.

I'm going to attach a drip of fish oil to my wrist when I go to bed tonight - it works a treat on the old rheumatism - but the downside is that it drives the cats nuts - must remember to keep them in the other room tonight.

The WD40 is pretty good for my trapped nerve as well - Jon's just popped out to B&Q to get another can, so I should be back in fettle in a day or so.

THANKS SO MUCH JULIE AND RITA FOR GIVING YOUR TIME AND EFFORT MAKING THE HATS - AS RITA WOULD SAY, 'YOU'RE A DIAMOND' - BOTH OF YOU.

Ellie X X

Limey
05-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi Ellie
It's so nice to be missed! And apparently you do need me!!! I have ONE question???? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE with all this chocolate stuff??????? Have you guys gone batty???? All this chocolate is giving me a Migrane....

Oh people back to business lets get those hats knitted.......no more playing!!!!!!:rofl: :chair:

:) :) :) :)
Alicia

Hi Alicia

Good Grief! Not you as well! It must be some sort of virus running rampant on the other side of the Atlantic.

What chocolate? Who mentioned chocolate? I haven't an inkling what you're on about!

We've got dogs wearing hats, if that's any use - but I'm saying here and now - we don't do chocolate, especially something called 'chocolate orange' - the only chocolate I can think of is some scrumptious yarn Rita used to make a lovely hat.

Best I can manage is Hershey's with a splash of orange - Next!

momwolf
05-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Ellie Said- Hmmm - Do I see Dan's pawprint all over that Pic?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Wouldn't be at all surprised!!!

I'll have you know I did that all by myself:tap:

bajanKnit
05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
ADORABLE very nice!!!!!!!!

Limey
05-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Ellie Said- Hmmm - Do I see Dan's pawprint all over that Pic?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Wouldn't be at all surprised!!!

I'll have you know I did that all by myself:tap:

Hmmm - come to think of it, that figures!:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Thanks again Julie, and will catch up with you tomorrow.

All the Best

Ellie

Nikkilc
05-28-2008, 08:19 AM
i went on the save the children web site today and found out they have recieved over a 100,000 hats:cheering: :woohoo: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
just thought i share
have a good one ladies
Nikki

momwolf
05-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Bajanknit-It's so nice to be missed! And apparently you do need me!!! I have ONE question???? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE with all this chocolate stuff??????? Have you guys gone batty???? All this chocolate is giving me a Migrane....

Eliie won't send me any chocolate orange candy :waah::waah::waah:
Seems she has lost her mind and can't find it:eyes: That happens with old age ya know:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: Seems she can't remember sending me chocolate,image that:noway:
Off to knit more hats:blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby:

momwolf
05-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Great News Nikki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info

Limey
05-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi Nikki

Many thanks for the info. - great news!!!!:happydance::woot:

There's a Save the Children photo gallery of some of the hats - here's the link:

http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/5417.htm

Link to latest hat info:

http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/5072_5584.htm

I'll keep a look-out and see if I can spot any of ours!

Be back later - gotta catch up on some work.
All the Best

Ellie

Limey
05-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Bajanknit-It's so nice to be missed! And apparently you do need me!!! I have ONE question???? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE with all this chocolate stuff??????? Have you guys gone batty???? All this chocolate is giving me a Migrane....

Eliie won't send me any chocolate orange candy :waah::waah::waah:
Seems she has lost her mind and can't find it:eyes: That happens with old age ya know:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: Seems she can't remember sending me chocolate,image that:noway:
Off to knit more hats:blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby:

Hiya Julie
Nothing at all with my memory, Toots!:teehee::teehee:

It's you - hallucinating on Camembert again - I'd ask Rita but she's out playing with Bechamel Sauce on a Bouncy Castle!

Get back to ya later!

ritaw
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks everyone . :)
WHAT IS ALL THIS ABOUT CHOCOLATE ORANGE ?
THERE IS NO SUCH THING . (MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH

Look into my eyes , you are feeling sleepy , when you wake up all this nonsense about chocolate orange will not matter . It is a dream . They do not exist and if you find one you must send it directly to me .
You will now wake up after i click my fingers 3 times ,,,,,

momwolf
05-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Ellie,
See even SamPup knows about chocolate orange candy:nails:

Rita I do feel kind of sleepy:roflhard::roflhard:

Limey
05-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone . :)
WHAT IS ALL THIS ABOUT CHOCOLATE ORANGE ?
THERE IS NO SUCH THING . (MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH

Look into my eyes , you are feeling sleepy , when you wake up all this nonsense about chocolate orange will not matter . It is a dream . They do not exist and if you find one you must send it directly to me .
You will now wake up after i click my fingers 3 times ,,,,,

Hiya Rita

How many times do we have to tell someone to go easy on the Camembert, not to mention full-bodied Danish Blue???

Poor Dear - she's obviously eaten too much or she's been picking the wrong mushrooms in the woods! :teehee::teehee:

It's living in the desolation of the wilderness that does it - gets cabin fever, as well, I bet!

All we can do at the minute, is just humour her:thumbsup:

Best Wishes

Ellie

Limey
05-28-2008, 11:59 AM
'ello, 'ello

What's Sam Pup doing wearing sunglasses on Ainsdale Beach????

For goodness sake, they look BLUE!!!!! :passedout:

Hell's Teeth! His collar is RED - what a terrible colour clash!

I don't know what the neighbours will say, Sam Pup in Blue sunglasses :cool:- how very non-u!!! AND if that wasn't bad enough, that part of the beach is right next to the golf club!

Oo - the embarrassment!!! :oops::oops::oops: I'm going to go lie down in a darkened room.

I dunno, come on to the Forum for a bit of light-hearted banter and whaddaya get? - someone's gone and put blue sunglasses on the pup - well, really! I feel an attack of the vapours coming on - need a chocolate fix, fast! And definitely not saying what sort!

Tut, mumble, mutter, groan -:shock:

It's all too much, reading my eyeballs out all day long:eyes::eyes::zombie::zombie: and then find someone's making your dog look like Joe Cool or The Cat off Red Dwarf!

Cynamar
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Here is proof that we can get chocolate oranges in the US: http://www.amazon.com/Terrys-Chocolate-Orange-6-17-Ounce-Boxes/dp/B000XQ40XE .

Limey
05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Here is proof that we can get chocolate oranges in the US: http://www.amazon.com/Terrys-Chocolate-Orange-6-17-Ounce-Boxes/dp/B000XQ40XE .

Hiya Cyndi

Well, well - there ya go! Julie, you can get Terry's over there but over there is not over here ..... if you see what I mean .....:teehee:

Thanks for the heads up Cyndi (might get some peace around here now:rofl:)

bajanKnit
05-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Eliie won't send me any chocolate orange candy
Seems she has lost her mind and can't find it That happens with old age ya know Seems she can't remember sending me chocolate,image that
Off to knit more hats

Ellie how could you??

Limey
05-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi Folks

Julie's package arrived yesterday and here are the lovely hats she knitted.

Your package is being posted first thing in the morning, Julie - and thanks so much again for your time and effort.

Oo - by the way, I'm beginning to think it's my Birthday this week - Rita, bless her little cotton socks, went out and bought me the scrumptious brown wool yesterday and look what arrived in Julie's package.

Thank you both so much!! :inlove::inlove:

Sorry if the pix are not brilliant but I had to climb a ladder to get all the hats in the photo!

The pink yarn is the same one Julie used to knit the lovely pink and white Fair Isle hat and I love that shade of green as well!

It's a shame we can't get Caron Simply Soft over here in the UK, without it costing an arm and a leg! We can but drool! :mrgreen:

Nikkilc
05-28-2008, 05:33 PM
wow what amazing hats

momwolf
05-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks Nikki:hug:
bajanknit-Isn't she mean :teehee:

Ellie-Thanks for the pic :hug:but what the hell are you doing on a ladder :tap:you could of fallen off and broke your neck ( of course your neck is no good anyway) and then who's gonna send me chocolate:nails:

Cyndi- She knows I can get it here,but we like to give each other a hard time :roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard: It's just that I want HER to send it to me.She owes me big time because I taught her to knit the RIGHT way:roflhard::roflhard:
Rita- And you're no help:doh::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Limey
05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Cyndi- She knows I can get it here,but we like to give each other a hard time :roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard: It's just that I want HER to send it to me.She owes me big time because I taught her to knit the RIGHT way:roflhard::roflhard:
Rita- And you're no help:doh::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Hiya Julie

Of course Rita's no help - whadaya expect, mixing it with two Brits? :teehee: Should know better at your age!

Julie's version of the 'RIGHT' way to knit is holding the yarn in your left paw! Well, at least I'm willing to give weird stuff a try! Unlike some I could mention, who won't get a long needle and stuff it under their right arm like anyone civilised would:teehee:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4HwTFViLR5Y

or believe me when I said there were such things as knitters belts and my wonderful (and far superior :wink:) way of knitting was known as 'Shetland'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WjEh7acrr5o

If somebody doesn't watch out, they might end up with a tin of these http://www.uncle-joes.com/ - make a vindaloo seem like ice-cream! :) Guaranteed to blow you back on your ***!

You have been warned!!!!! :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

All the Best

Ellie

ritaw
05-29-2008, 02:35 AM
hahahahaha
All i can say in my defence Julie is that ( look into my eyes , You are feeling drowsy lol hahahahah)
It did not work on you the first time why should it work now .:)
The hats look amazing all together . What a lovely Job Julie and may i just say that I LOVE THAT SIMPLY SOFT YARN ..... Yummy ,
I am drooling lol --- Someone pass a tissue !!!

momwolf
05-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Rita,anytime you want some just let me know and I'll be glad to send you some:hug:I can get it at WalMart for $2.o6.
Julie

Limey
05-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Hiya Julie

What are you doing up at this ungodly hour, haunting my apron?:rofl:

Just to let you know that I posted your hats (FILLED a big shoebox, they did!) by First Class Recorded Delivery this morning - so they should get to Save the Children, in London, tomorrow.

MANY THANKS AGAIN - I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP! :hug::muah:

YOU'RE A :star::knitting:
Best Wishes

Ellie XX

momwolf
05-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Limey Hiya Julie

What are you doing up at this ungodly hour, haunting my apron?:rofl:

Cam won't let me sleep past 5am:doh:
Many thanks for sending hats:hug::muah:

Limey
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Hiya Julie

What's the pup doing, rattling round at that hour?

What's he up to? - crying? jumping off the walls?(labs are good at that!)

Give us a shout and let us know.

All the Best

Ellie

momwolf
05-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Ellie he jumps around:tap: bumping the bed
Here's 2 more purple hats for ya:teehee:

Limey
05-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Hiya

I said I thought it was like my Birthday this week - look what the postman brought today - Rita's lovely chocolate yarn, complete, of course, with coffee jar lids.

I'm going to have a bash at knitting again because it's driving me nuts not being able to pick up the sticks - so thanks very much, Rita - I just love that colour and it even matches the lids!:teehee: We're nothing, if not colour-co-ordinated!

ritaw
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
AWWW glad you got it my little chocolate eating goblin :)
Now please try and not eat it while you knit with it heehehehe
( I know that you must all think i am a coffee addict lol )

Julie - Yet another set of of scrumylicious hats . They are so pretty . You are a star!!!!!!:yay:

Ohhhhhh mmmmmmmmm yuuuuummmmmmmmmmmyyy
Oh sorry i was just eating my chocolate orange segment . Anyone want a bit ?:roflhard:

Limey
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Ellie he jumps around:tap: bumping the bed
Here's 2 more purple hats for ya:teehee:

Hiya Julie

Oh Wow! What lovely stuff! That's a great colour - thanks so much - think we've got another turbo knitter here!

Pup bouncing off the bed? Can you squirrel away a nylabone or something for him to chew on, so that when he starts bouncing about, you can give it to him and he'll have something to keep him occupied while you get a bit more:sleepy:

The reason Sam Pup is called 'Pup' is because labs (especially the male of the species) don't reach adult-hood until they're about 3 - Sammy will be 4 in October but he's still like a pup in alot of ways!

The worst critter I ever had for waking me up was young Harry Cat - he thought it was great if he could get into my wardrobe and have a mooch through shoe-boxes, plastic bags and was in heaven if he could get his front hooks on one of my dresses and swing on it :fingerwag:

If I kept the wardrobe locked, he made do with jumping on the bed, chewing my hair and doing his motorbike impression right next to my ear!:fingerwag::fingerwag:

OK - damn cat is not allowed in the bedroom - enough is enough - yeah, right. Ended up I had to spray my bedroom door and landing carpet with Repel All spray and litter it with tangerine and orange peel :fingerwag::fingerwag::fingerwag: just to keep the little beggar from scratching the door and sharpening his (already sharpened) claws on the carpet.

He was about 10 years old when he decided he'd pack it in and go and sleep in his own bed.:passedout:

I'm just telling you all this to cheer you up - with any luck, young Cam should start giving you a bit of peace and quiet in the morning when he's about 18 months old (luxury) - do you want to swap him for Harry?:teehee: Nah, thought not!

Happy snoozing

Ellie

momwolf
05-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Rita you are badhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_14_6.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_9.gif

Ellie I'm not giving him a bone to chewhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_14.gif on while I'm trying to sleep:doh:can you imagine the chewing sounds,that would be worst then bed bumping:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::ro flhard::roflhard:

Glad you liked the hats:teehee:
Nice colored yarn from Rita:cheering:

Limey
05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi Julie

Well, speaking for myself - I always prefer a chew to a bump any day of the week - it just depends what rings your bell.

There's nothing like a nice bit o' chocolate, with the mouth-watering flavour of orange, slowly melting while I'm reading, before curling up into my hammock.

Only other thing I can recommend trying for Cam Pup is opening the window and throwing out a ball - nah, scratch that - I forgot you don't live in a bungalow.

Sweet Dreams - anyway.

Ellie

ritaw
05-30-2008, 10:30 AM
JULIE :hug:

HERE ARE TWO MORE :inlove:

momwolf
05-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Rita -Those are soooooooooo cute,LOVE the little flower:woot::woohoo::teehee:

momwolf
05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Only other thing I can recommend trying for Cam Pup is opening the window and throwing out a ball - nah, scratch that - I forgot you don't live in a bungalow.:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Actually I think it finally clicked,some dogs take longer then others.He listens much better the last 2 days.He had a problem with listening to me,just ignoring me because he was so busy being nuts.He's a really good dog just needed someone to work with him.

Limey
05-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi Rita

OO - I just love those colours! - they really go so well together - brilliant.

Thanks so much.

Hiya Julie

Course he's a good dog - he's a lovely lab! As well as being smart, they're such affectionate dogs and I'm really glad that Cam Pup landed the right side up, getting you as his new 'Mom'.

Tickle his ears for me, would ya? How's he getting on with Ali and Zoe? I bet they didn't know what to make of it at first, having a bouncy young pup land on them!

Sam says 'Hello' as well and he's still wondering how you managed to put sunglasses on him! :roflhard::roflhard::rofl::rofl:

All the Best everyone for a great weekend :blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby:

Ellie

bajanKnit
05-31-2008, 11:53 AM
WOW WOW WOW THOSE HATS ARE TOTALLY RADICAL. I LOVE THEM ALL. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

:) :)
Alicia

bajanKnit
05-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi guys
I think I might have metioned sometime ago that I was awaiting my papers from the British Consulate well I am please to inform you that hthe waiting is over I am so over the moon with happiness Because I have gotten all my documents sorted out so I will be back in the UK by the end of next week.I mean nothing was stopping me from returning but now I can come and go without any worries or hassles YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am so happy I just wanted to share with you guys.
Also 1 hat.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/bajanknit/Picture.jpg

bajanKnit
05-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I have been trying to get my hands on some Caron simply soft for a while I have heard the colors and fabu and it is very soft. Yummy

:) :) :)
Alicia

ritaw
05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi guys
I think I might have metioned sometime ago that I was awaiting my papers from the British Consulate well I am please to inform you that hthe waiting is over I am so over the moon with happiness Because I have gotten all my documents sorted out so I will be back in the UK by the end of next week.I mean nothing was stopping me from returning but now I can come and go without any worries or hassles YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am so happy I just wanted to share with you guys.
Also 1 hat.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/bajanknit/Picture.jpg
Hi Alicia ,
Congratulatons on getting the paperwork sorted . You will be reunited with your DH which must be exciting :)

Lovely hat as always :woot:

ritaw
05-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Well!! How is everyone doing ?
Here is another two for the pot :hug:

momwolf
05-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Check out how Cam sits:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Here's another hat:woot:
Alicia-Nice hat:cheering::cheering:
Rita- your hats are :woohoo::woohoo:

ritaw
05-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Check out how Cam sits:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Here's another hat:woot:
Alicia-Nice hat:cheering::cheering:
Rita- your hats are :woohoo::woohoo:

Oh my , Cam is such a cutie and what a great sitting position lol . He is so funny . :)
Love your new hat . it is a really nice baby colour :hug:

momwolf
05-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Alicia-Forgot to say congratulations on your papers http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/4.gif
Ellie -How's your weekend going?
Where's my chocolate?http://bestsmileys.com/silly/1.gif

bajanKnit
05-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Alicia ,
Congratulatons on getting the paperwork sorted . You will be reunited with your DH which must be exciting :)

Lovely hat as always :woot:
Thank you Rita! And excited doesn't begin to express how I feel I am walking on cloud 9. I can't wait to see him again.:happydance:

Alicia

bajanKnit
05-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Alicia-Forgot to say congratulations on your papers http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/4.gif
Ellie -How's your weekend going?
Where's my chocolate?http://bestsmileys.com/silly/1.gif
Thank you very much!!

Limey
05-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Rita:-
"You will be reunited with your DH which must be exciting :)"

:roll::roll: You weren't brought up to be exciting - drink your coffee!

Limey
05-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Julie:-

"Where's my chocolate?"

It's on the top shelf of the right-hand kitchen cupboard - (head like a sieve!)

Limey
05-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Alicia

So glad you're here - honestly, I'm worn to a frazzle with these two!

One of 'em is forever forgetting where she put her chocolate, and then the other one comes over all unnecessary about a bloke!

It's great news about the Red Tape getting sorted out - damn nightmare, stuff like that!

Thanks very much too for the cute hat - I like that shade alot - very sun-shiney.

Hmm - Caron yarn - it's almost impossible to buy it in the UK but all isn't lost - Rita and I are are working on it! I'm sure that will fill you full of hope and confidence!

All the Best

Ellie

Limey
05-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Hiya Julie and Rita

Joking apart - thanks so much for those lovely hats you've made - between you, you've got some stunning shades of yarn.

I really like that pink, Rita, because it isn't too dark nor too sugary sweet, if you know what I mean.

Julie, what make of yarn is that hat? because I love that minty colour.

Young Cam is a brilliant-looking pup! He'll be a cracking dog!

Back at the ranch .......Crossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed Fingers

I've been knitting a hat this afternoon and decided the only thing to do is to knit without looking - I knitted 12 rows of 2 x 2 rib yesterday and retired injured with the mother and father of a splitting headache.

As I'd finished the rib, today I just started knitting and refused to look at what I was doing - just kept my head straight which had a bonus in that I was able to supervise the gardening.

Jon was most appreciative of my being able to do two things at once, knitting and telling him where to pot things up and where not to and which colours looked best against which.

The garden looks very nice- although it was very hard work on my part, planning exactly where the plants should be potted.

I couldn't decide which looked best - the pale pink or the coral against a lavender background - in the end, I chose the coral and Jon brought all the pale pinks back to the patio, which I thought would be ok - but no, on second thoughts - the pink definitely, yes, definitely, should go towards the top of the garden again.

Jon said if I couldn't make my mind up this time about where to put the pink, he would tell me where to put it - bless, he tries so hard to be creative.

I hope the weather stays fine tomorrow, so that I can do more gardening while I knit - it's great combining two hobbies. I took J a cup of tea tonight - says he's having trouble moving his arms and back - and I found him Googling 'Rain Dance' We have one fine day and then for some reason, he wants it to rain. Odd - very odd!

momwolf
05-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Ellie- Julie, what make of yarn is that hat? because I love that minty colour.
Caron Simply Soft what else:roflhard:
Poor Jon feel sorry for him http://bestsmileys.com/sad/6.gifWhere was Jonhttp://bestsmileys.com/movingeyes/3.gif gonna suggest you put the plant?http://bestsmileys.com/movingeyes/6.gif
You are a slave driver :) :)

ritaw
06-01-2008, 04:03 AM
:roflhard: LOL Ellie , I can only imagine where John would suggest you stick it . But it is too early and before the watershed to mention on here:roflhard:
It is amazing how us women can do so much and yet not have to lift a finger sometimes :roflhard: LMAO

Limey
06-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Hiya Rita

If he told me where to stick it, it wouldn't work because the pink flowers need full sun - not a shady spot:teehee:.

I finished the little hat yesterday, courtesy of you and Julie - the white is the deliciously soft Caron Simply Soft that Julie sent and the brown is the lovely choclatey yarn that you sent me the other day.

Thank you both very much and here's what I made with it - I've called it 'Coconut'

ritaw
06-01-2008, 09:36 AM
OH WOW!!! That looks just like a coconut . What a great name for it . :)
It is well cute :) Nice job !!!

momwolf
06-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Ellie -Cute coconut hat:woot: Coming from a nut:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: the name is appropriate :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
If he told me where to stick it, it wouldn't work because the pink flowers need full sun - not a shady spot:teehee:.
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: Good one Ellie:cheering:

ritaw
06-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Ellie -Cute coconut hat:woot: Coming from a nut:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: the name is appropriate :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: Good one Ellie:cheering:

:roflhard: :yay::roflhard: :yay: :roflhard: hahahahaha , I did not say it . :aww:

Limey
06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Rita:-
:roflhard: :yay::roflhard: :yay: :roflhard: hahahahaha , I did not say it . :aww:

I know you didn't; I also know, Twinklefingers, that you don't know what might come rolling down the M6 one of these fine days!:teehee:

Limey
06-01-2008, 03:15 PM

There's some cheeky hounds round here!

Right then, I'll keep this to myself::teehee:

http://www.abitofhome.ca/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/50127-03.jpg

momwolf
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Ellie- Right then, I'll keep this to myself::teehee:

http://www.abitofhome.ca/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/50127-03.jpg

:waah::waah::waah:

ritaw
06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Now now Ellie , you do not have to be like that :muah: ive us a piece of your chocolate :roflhard:

Well here are two more hats . They are in a lovely shade of yellow . I have to warn you all that i have a 400g ball of this so you could be seeing a lot of yellow hats :roflhard:

ritaw
06-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Ok ! one more quick one .
The picture is a bit dark though . :)

sue in canada
06-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Just had a quick look at your cute hats, you are all doing so well.

Ellie - Love the coconut hat.

Rita _ That is a lot of yellow yarn. Are you going to use it all on hats? It should only take you a couple of days to use it. You just churn out these lovely hats out so fast.

ritaw
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Just had a quick look at your cute hats, you are all doing so well.

Ellie - Love the coconut hat.

Rita _ That is a lot of yellow yarn. Are you going to use it all on hats? It should only take you a couple of days to use it. You just churn out these lovely hats out so fast.
Awww thanks Sue .
I am glad you like them . I do hope to use the yellow as much as i can . I have had it a while and did not know what to make with it .
So i may mix it will other colours .

Your check blanket looks amazing on the canadian thread . :aww:

Limey
06-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi Rita

Thanks so much for even more hats - speed demon! I like that shade of yellow, it's warm and cheerful (just like me:teehee:) - so the more the merrier, please!

Hi Sue

Lovely to hear from you again and Thank You - I'll go and have a mooch at the post Rita mentioned!

All the Best

Ellie

Limey
06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Rita wrote:

Now now Ellie , you do not have to be like that :muah: ive us a piece of your chocolate :roflhard:

Who's us??? :roflhard::roflhard: - didn't know you were a Geordie:teehee:

Limey
06-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Hiya Folks

Save the Children are looking for 40,000 more names to attach to the hats - the labels with names and addresses are really a form of petition to send to the UK Government.

The first link is the Knit-o-Meter - 10,000 names and addresses have been submitted so far.

COULD WE PLEASE GET MORE FRIENDS AND FAMILY INVOLVED SO THAT WE CAN SEND IN HATS WITH THEIR NAME ON?

(Please ask for permission first)

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/5072_5584.htm

The link below is to the Photo Gallery - I look every day to see if any of our hats are featured.

There are some similar coloured hats to the yellow ones you've just made, Rita, - but nowhere near as nice as yours though!:hug: :knitting:

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/5417.htm

Thanks very much again, everyone, for your kind help and support!

All Best Wishes

Ellie

ritaw
06-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Rita wrote:

Who's us??? :roflhard::roflhard: - didn't know you were a Geordie:teehee:

You may well laugh Mrs ! Do not forget , i know where you live lol:rofl:
Geordie ! I am at completely the other end of the scale . Just as mad though :rofl:

momwolf
06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Rita -Cute hats:cheering: Ellie isn't gonna share HER chocolate with us:tap: I'll give her another hat anyway:teehee:

ritaw
06-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Rita -Cute hats:cheering: Ellie isn't gonna share HER chocolate with us:tap: I'll give her another hat anyway:teehee:

I like how your mind works Julie . Bribing Ellie with another hat . She is sure to loosen her grip and share that chocolate lol:roflhard:

Your hat is very cute , Lovely yarn and colour :)

Limey
06-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Hiya Julie

Thanks so much for another lovely hat - it's really nice that mix of colour in the yarn.

Rita said:-
I like how your mind works Julie . Bribing Ellie with another hat . She is sure to loosen her grip and share that chocolate lol:roflhard:

Good Morning Rita

How's you? Still preferring optimism over reality, I see! :teehee:

Cheers:twisted::evil:

Yours, :mmm: Just back from the Tesco sweeties aisle - so now for a good munch - oops! lunch.

ritaw
06-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Good Morning Rita

How's you? Still preferring optimism over reality, I see! :teehee:

Cheers:twisted::evil:

Yours, :mmm: Just back from the Tesco sweeties aisle - so now for a good munch - oops! lunch.

Ohhhh you are being a spoilsport you little muchkin .
Julie - Ellie is being a big meanie:( :rofl:

momwolf
06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Ellie-Didn't your mum teach you to share?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_104.gif
Rita -:thud:I never thought Ellie could be soooooo meanhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_6.gif:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: She keeps eating all that chocolate she's gonna have to http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_127.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

ritaw
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
:roflhard: Lmao i just nearly wet my self at the bike icon Julie http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_127.gif
So funny .:roflhard:

Aww Ellie ! You know we love you but give us some chocolate :hug:

Limey
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Ellie-Didn't your mum teach you to share?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_104.gif
Rita -:thud:I never thought Ellie could be soooooo meanhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_6.gif:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: She keeps eating all that chocolate she's gonna have to http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_127.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Hiya Julie

Course my Mam taught me how to share - she also taught me to be careful who I shared with:teehee:

Rita - Did you think I was called 'Limey' because I'm a Brit? Nah, it's because I'm mean and green!!!!

I'm off now - going to rip the head off the nearest Jelly Baby!

PS - Do you have Jelly Babies over there, Julie?

ritaw
06-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Hiya Julie

Course my Mam taught me how to share - she also taught me to be careful who I shared with:teehee:

Rita - Did you think I was called 'Limey' because I'm a Brit? Nah, it's because I'm mean and green!!!!

I'm off now - going to rip the head off the nearest Jelly Baby!

PS - Do you have Jelly Babies over there, Julie?

ooooohhhh Ellie don't start with the jelly babies lol

ritaw
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Guys
Here are another two hats and a pic of all the hats i have at home .:muah:

momwolf
06-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Rita-WOW you knit faster then I eat chocolate:roflhard:
Beautiful hats All of them. I like the bike too:roflhard: Guess Ellie didn't see it :teehee:

Ellie-Ok I'll bite,what are jelly babies?

bajanKnit
06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi Ellie
Your hat looks delicious!!!:cheering:

I have some Coconut water here right now to drink Yummmy.:)

bajanKnit
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Beautiful hats Rita! very lovely!!!!:cheering:

Limey
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys
Here are another two hats and a pic of all the hats i have at home .:muah:

Hey Up, our Rita!

From now on, think I'm gonna call you 'Twinklefingers' - what adorable hats! I love both of the new ones too - for some reason, the white and yellow put me in mind of pineapple chunks??:mmm: Very yummy. (I really shouldn't come on here when I'm clemp't)

The green and white Fair Isle is so lovely too - beautiful colours that go so well together!

Thank you so much! You and Julie are :star::star:

Limey
06-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Rita-WOW you knit faster then I eat chocolate:roflhard:
Beautiful hats All of them. I like the bike too:roflhard: Guess Ellie didn't see it :teehee:

Ellie-Ok I'll bite,what are jelly babies?

Hiya Julie

What bike? Oo - wash your mouth out! - Bike! Exercise!:ick:

Here be the Jelly Babies

http://s.bebo.com/img/vid.gifhttp://i2.bebo.com/038b/10/mediuml/2007/11/10/23/4224855676a6076683195ml.jpg (http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbums.jsp?ProfilePhoto=Y&MemberId=4993866069)

Limey
06-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Ellie
Your hat looks delicious!!!:cheering:

I have some Coconut water here right now to drink Yummmy.:)

Hi Alicia - Thanks for your kind comment on the daft little hat.

I hate to ask but are you looking forward to coming back to the sunny UK?

We're having the usual start to 'Flaming June' - people in the south of England were expecting to get a month's rain last night - (greedy beggars):teehee:

OK - before you head for the airport, you have got strict instructions to bring some sunshine with you :sun::sun::hot::hot::hot::sun::sun:- it's getting to be as rare as Caron Yarn over here and needed just as badly.

Right - now I'm off again to be mean and green and go and eat some worms.

(No -I haven't a clue what the photo is in aid of, either) but worms is worms.

http://buzznet-97.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/bigblackhasmyback/default/Poor_Cow--large-msg-120977116512.jpg (http://www.buzznet.com/www/search/photos/of%20gummy%20worms/?id=325179#pagesubnav)

momwolf
06-04-2008, 01:51 AM
Ellie- Right - now I'm off again to be mean and green and go and eat some worms.You can't eat worms:noway: and eating little people:noway: Ellie what has gotin into you:eyes: :roflhard:
Jelly Babies don't even look good:eyes: Now if they were chocolate:blooby::woohoo:I'd try them
I don't suppose you'd share your sunshine from Alicia either:nails:
I need to go knit some more hats.Maybe then you'll share:hug:
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Limey
06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Julie wrote:

You can't eat worms:noway: and eating little people:noway: Ellie what has gotin into you:eyes: :roflhard:
Jelly Babies don't even look good:eyes: Now if they were chocolate:blooby::woohoo:I'd try them

Hiya Julie

What's gotten into me is exactly the same as gets into every Brit - I haven't come across one person yet who hasn't tried jelly babies.

Whenever I'm introduced to anybody, my first question always is 'Do you like jelly babies?' Don't you realise that it's an essential part of being a Brit? It's compulsory!!!!

People all over the UK, once they've commented about the weather, always ask each other 'Do you like Jelly Babies or Dolly Mixtures' - it's a sort of defining question - No Brit born goes around without knowing if their friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues, nurses, doctors, teachers, fire, ambulance and police are partial to the Dollies or the Jellies.

If you ever come over here, Rita and I will give you a guided tour on English etiquette - and then you will realise just how utterly vital it is to have the above-mentioned information.

Not knowing whether someone is a Jelly or a Dolly :passedout: is worse than not knowing which football team they support, or if they like cricket and rugby. It's unthinkable - you just cannot survive socially without this essential piece of knowledge, which I have so kindly given, free-of-charge! I wouldn't do that for everyone - so you're very honoured.

All the Best
Ellie

momwolf
06-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Ellie--http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gif

Limey
06-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Ellie--http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gif

Sarcy Prawn!!!

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ritaw
06-05-2008, 01:07 PM
How are we all on this fine summers day ?:muah:

Here are a few more contributions :yay: , I am off to :knitting: like the wind .
The red yarn used on the green and red hat was kindly sent to me by the lovely Ellie . Thanks Ellie :heart:

ritaw
06-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone ,
I did not know where to post this so here goes .....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA . HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY !!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

momwolf
06-05-2008, 06:58 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
ALICIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momwolf
06-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Rita-More cute hats:woot::woot::woot:
:tap: Summer?Not here it's not.:doh:
Cloudy all day and now http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif are on the way:shock:

Limey
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi Alica

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL TIME

Ellie

Limey
06-05-2008, 10:43 PM
How are we all on this fine summers day ?:muah:

Here are a few more contributions :yay: , I am off to :knitting: like the wind .
The red yarn used on the green and red hat was kindly sent to me by the lovely Ellie . Thanks Ellie :heart:

Hiya Twinklefingers!

What smashing hats!!! I'm not even trying to keep up with you on the knitting front because I'd end up in traction!

THANKS VERY MUCH INDEED, RITA - LOVELY STUFF!!!!

PS - Glad you liked the green and red wool - that's my Xmas shopping taken care of! :teehee: (yeah - I wish)

bajanKnit
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM

Hi Alicia - Thanks for your kind comment on the daft little hat.

I hate to ask but are you looking forward to coming back to the sunny UK?

We're having the usual start to 'Flaming June' - people in the south of England were expecting to get a month's rain last night - (greedy beggars):teehee:

OK - before you head for the airport, you have got strict instructions to bring some sunshine with you :sun::sun::hot::hot::hot::sun::sun:- it's getting to be as rare as Caron Yarn over here and needed just as badly.

Right - now I'm off again to be mean and green and go and eat some worms.

(No -I haven't a clue what the photo is in aid of, either) but worms is worms.

http://buzznet-97.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/bigblackhasmyback/default/Poor_Cow--large-msg-120977116512.jpg (http://www.buzznet.com/www/search/photos/of%20gummy%20worms/?id=325179#pagesubnav)
Hi Ellie I am so looking forward to coming back I can't wait to see my Boo Bear :chair: :rofl: .......As for the weather thats just one of the prices I pay for following blindly (but loving it) :) :) :)

:sun: As for the sun I will try to bottle as much as possible for you chicas:) :)

:) :)
Alicia

bajanKnit
06-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone ,
I did not know where to post this so here goes .....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA . HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY !!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thank you so much Rita :)

bajanKnit
06-06-2008, 01:38 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
ALICIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Julie!!!!!

bajanKnit
06-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Alica

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL TIME

Ellie

Thank you Ellie!!!

You guys are so sweet!!!

Limey
06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Oooooo! Something badly wrong here!

Rita - you've not knitted a hat in the last 10 minutes - are you feeling alright?

Julie - will you please drag your attention away from growing giant
Zucchini (fancy name that, for garden marrows).

Oh well, nothing for it - I'll just have to knit a hat myself - honestly, you just can't get the staff these days!

If it goes pear-shaped, I can always play these - preferably at the same time. One sort of goes with the other.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2004215940100346508sKrcmH

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JX9SqSzKN_4&feature=related

Alicia - All the Best on your return to the UK.

Have a great weekend everyone and thank you all so much again

Ellie

momwolf
06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Ellie,Guess what Rita sent me today:woohoo::woot::woohoo::woot::woohoo::woot::th ud::thud::thud:
At least SOMEBODY felt sorry for me :tap::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard:

Rita ,THANK YOU sooooooooo much for the Terry's chocolate,:muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::hug ::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::inlove::inlove::in love::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::bloo by::blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby:I'm stuffing them in faster then you can knit :roflhard::roflhard:
And the cute flowers and skein of yarn.!!!!!!!! You are a :star: in my book.

ritaw
06-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Ellie,Guess what Rita sent me today:woohoo::woot::woohoo::woot::woohoo::woot::th ud::thud::thud:
At least SOMEBODY felt sorry for me :tap::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard:

Rita ,THANK YOU sooooooooo much for the Terry's chocolate,:muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::hug ::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::inlove::inlove::in love::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::bloo by::blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby:I'm stuffing them in faster then you can knit :roflhard::roflhard:

OH wow !! I am so impressed at the speed that it got t o you . I only sent it on Saturday morning .
I am so glad you are enjoying the chocolates lol . I think you sufferred enough torment from us monsters :roflhard:
Enjoy Julie ! There is plenty of them there . I like the fact that your feet are up on the desk and the empty wrappers too .
You must feel so relaxed .

You are very welcome :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ritaw
06-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Oooooo! Something badly wrong here!

Rita - you've not knitted a hat in the last 10 minutes - are you feeling alright?

Julie - will you please drag your attention away from growing giant
Zucchini (fancy name that, for garden marrows).

Oh well, nothing for it - I'll just have to knit a hat myself - honestly, you just can't get the staff these days!

If it goes pear-shaped, I can always play these - preferably at the same time. One sort of goes with the other.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2004215940100346508sKrcmH

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JX9SqSzKN_4&feature=related

Alicia - All the Best on your return to the UK.

Have a great weekend everyone and thank you all so much again

Ellie

Aww Ellie , I have not had any time to knit today and then when i did try , i found i could not concentrate . So i have given up on it today .
I am sure i will make it up to you :muah:

Limey
06-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Hiya Rita and Julie

Oh - I am so chuffed that Rita's chocolate orange arrived - I can't tell you! - yippee yahoo.

This means, of course, that I don't need to send you anything now!!! :twisted::twisted::evil::evil: :evil::evil: You're all set!!! Up to the eyeballs in Terry's best.

What a relief, not having to venture down to the Post Office - I can just sit here and munch :mmm:

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/images/frysturkish.jpg

I must say Julie, that it was very considerate of you to be wearing the right outfit for the occasion - orange boots to match the lid and blue jeans to perfectly complement the container! Tres chic!!!

Thanks very much Rita, we might just get a bit of peace around here now!:roflhard::rofl: ;)

momwolf
06-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Ellie I won't have time to knit http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_3_12.giffor awhile because http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_18.gif I'm tooo busy eating chocolate :roflhard::roflhard: I always try to coordinate my outfit when I'm eating Terry's chocolate.Some how it's soooo relaxing:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Rita- Thanks again for sending such a BIG bucket of candy:muah::cheering::woot::woot::woot::woot: Had some for supper tonighthttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_20.gif:teehee::teehee:
I did give Gregg a few to try.But that's it for himhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_103v.gif
Ok , back to some serious stuff,this has been fun,but I need to get back to some real life and eat morehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_11_2.gif :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
06-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Ellie I won't have time to knit http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_3_12.giffor awhile because http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_18.gif I'm tooo busy eating chocolate :roflhard::roflhard: I always try to coordinate my outfit when I'm eating Terry's chocolate.Some how it's soooo relaxing:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Rita- Thanks again for sending such a BIG bucket of candy:muah::cheering::woot::woot::woot::woot: Had some for supper tonighthttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_20.gif:teehee::teehee:
I did give Gregg a few to try.But that's it for himhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_103v.gif
Ok , back to some serious stuff,this has been fun,but I need to get back to some real life and eat morehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_11_2.gif :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Lol Poor Gregg, :roflhard:
I am just so amazed that i have found two friends that seem to share the same sick humour as me lol :roflhard: :roflhard:
What a bunch of nutters we are :yay: :yay: It's Great !!!!!!

Limey
06-07-2008, 04:56 AM
Rita said:

I am just so amazed that i have found two friends that seem to share the same sick*humour as me lol :roflhard: :roflhard:
What a bunch of nutters we are :yay: :yay: It's Great !!!!!!

Hey Up!! Who're you calling a nutter?- I don't think it's daft at all, sitting here, up a gum tree, listening to Gillan with his pan-galactic voice and munching on Fruit and Nut, if you don't mind. Never let it be said that I'm a raisin short of a bar!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L8H4IC9ttIU

PS - There's nothing sick about your humour at all - unless you eat too much choc!

Julie, I just don't know where you get those thingies - whatsits - you know, moving little figures but they're BRILLIANT - love 'em!:heart:

momwolf
06-07-2008, 08:45 AM
We are kinda crazyhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_42.gif Just the way I like it :woohoo:Well have to go ,think I ate toooooo much chocolatehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_6.gif
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
06-07-2008, 12:33 PM
[quote=momwolf;1116233]We are kinda crazyhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_42.gif Just the way I like it :woohoo:Well have to go ,think I ate toooooo much chocolatehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_6.gif
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard:[/quot
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Lmao .

Have a good weekend everyone:hug:
I just love this http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_6.gificon . It is just pure class :roflhard:

Limey
06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Hiya Julie

You were asking about colours last night - here are some of the ones I like the best:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UcSC0B6lbFg&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFjYzuXesw&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xXPI30rPu4k

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KqevoZenD4M

momwolf
06-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Ellie,
SOUNDS like you need a color class :roll: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
06-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Ellie,
SOUNDS like you need a color class :roll: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Blind as a bat is our Ellie , I have to make sure that i dress her in the morning because she ends up looking like a rainbow lol :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Limey
06-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Hiya - The Sarc Twins!

Ain't nothingwrong with looking like this!!!!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyoy2w9atg&feature=relate

Gone catching some :sun::sun::sun::cool::cool:

Limey
06-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Well, I must say, it comes to something when I have to knit hats!!!

Good Grief, not enough with working my fingers to the bone, linking Blackmore, Clapton, Bruce, Baker, Coverdale, Gillan and Osbourne, I have to knit hats as well!!!!! :knitting::roll:

I really must think hard about getting better quality staff :wink:

momwolf
06-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Ellie said--Hiya - The Sarc Twins!

Ain't nothingwrong with looking like this!!!!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyoy2...feature=relate (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyoy2w9atg&feature=relate)

Gone catching some :sun::sun::sun:

Seems our Ellie has turned into a very colorful person:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Another excellent hat Ellie ! The colours are just wonderful . !! Me and Julie just thought we might have a rest and let you catch up hehehehhehe
In my book that means we have about 6 months off:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

momwolf
06-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Ellie-Cute hat:cheering: Just keep on knitting:blooby:
Rita said= In my book that means we have about 6 months off:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Good one Rita:woot::roflhard:

Limey
06-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Another excellent hat Ellie ! The colours are just wonderful . !! Me and Julie just thought we might have a rest and let you catch up hehehehhehe
In my book that means we have about 6 months off:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

The way you two are looning around this weekend, I'd be pushed to notice the difference.

Limey
06-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Hiya Julie

Turned into a colourful person??? I had a dress in that fabric when I was 15! Tres Turned On, more like! :rofl::rofl::rofl: :cool::cool: :cool: (well, in those days anyway)

ritaw
06-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Hello Guys :muah:

Here is two more for the pot . Hopefully this will quieten our Ellie down a bit lol :thumbsup:

Cynamar
06-09-2008, 10:32 AM
GUess what I bought yesterday at WOrld Market?

ritaw
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
GUess what I bought yesterday at WOrld Market?

What? what? what ?

Cynamar
06-09-2008, 11:12 AM
A Terry's Chocolate Orange!!! MMMMMMM ANd I don't have to share because Julianne doens't like dark chocolate. MMMMMMMMM

ritaw
06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
A Terry's Chocolate Orange!!! MMMMMMM ANd I don't have to share because Julianne doens't like dark chocolate. MMMMMMMMM

what a great find . But I am sure that it is made with milk chocolate so you have to share :yay:

momwolf
06-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Ellie sent me a Taste of England :muah::cheering::woot:
Tea,Wafers,Cadbury chocolate,A different orange chocolate, Uncle Joe's Mint Balls,Gravy and Yarn:woohoo: THANKS ELLIE:hug::muah:

momwolf
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Rita love the green hats,at least someone is knitting:roflhard::roflhard:

Cyndi,isn't Terry's Orange chocolate to die for?:woot:

Limey
06-10-2008, 04:28 AM
Hello Guys :muah:

Here is two more for the pot . Hopefully this will quieten our Ellie down a bit lol :thumbsup:

Hiya Rita

Wow - thank you so much for those lovely hats, my little Leprchuan! I really like those shades of green and the two different shades go together so well. You're a :star::star::star::star::star: :knitting:

And there's me, thinking you were skyving off. :teehee:

Ellie

PS - As much as I love what you knit, Rita, it's gonna take more than two hats to keep me quiet! :roflhard::rofl::roflhard::rofl:

Limey
06-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by Cynamar http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/images/ca_serenity_purple/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1116734#post1116734) A Terry's Chocolate Orange!!! MMMMMMM ANd I don't have to share because Julianne doens't like dark chocolate. MMMMMMMMM

"what a great find . But I am sure that it is made with milk chocolate so you have to share ":yay: said Rita.

Hiya Cyndi

So glad you've found somewhere you can buy the one and only Terry's Chocolate Orange.

If someone doesn't like dark chocolate, you'll just have to eat it all by yourself - I know, I know, but sacrifices have to be made.:teehee::teehee:

You just can't go foisting dark choc on a milk choc nut -unthinkable!:teehee:

Best Wishes

Ellie

Limey
06-10-2008, 04:42 AM
Tea,Wafers,Cadbury chocolate,A different orange chocolate, Uncle Joe's Mint Balls,Gravy and Yarn:woohoo: THANKS ELLIE:hug::muah:

Hiya Julie

I just cannot believe the parcel reached you so quickly!!!!!!!!!!!

I only posted it Wednesday and you got it Monday??????????

While I was wondering what to send you, I went down Memory Lane to when I lived in MA and remembered a little shop in the Catskills that sold Brit food/candy.

It was easy then to put up a 'sample' package of Brit goodies for you.

It's the Caron yarn that started the ball rolling - we can't get those particular yarns in the UK - so I thought back to the Brit stuff I couldn't buy when I was in the US.

Anyway, glad it arrived ok and that you like Jaffa Cakes too!

Ellie

ritaw
06-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks Julie :)
WOW !! more lovely goodies from the Uk . And most importantly you have BISTO GRAVY mmmmmmmmmmm

Ellie you you are a cheeky little minx lol . I just may have to slow down a bit further just to teach you a lesson lol :)

Cynamar
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Yes, it is to die for! YUM!!! Julianne tried one orange segment and liked it okay but she isn't big on dark chocolate. She wants a chocolate apple. Kids.

ritaw
06-11-2008, 06:32 AM
ONE MORE !!!:knitting: :knitting: :knitting: Hey !! where;s everyone gone lol

momwolf
06-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Rita another cute hat,nice color too:teehee:
I ate ALL of the Terry's chocolate you sent me :noway: I should of hid some:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_15.gif

ritaw
06-12-2008, 02:08 AM
Rita another cute hat,nice color too:teehee:
I ate ALL of the Terry's chocolate you sent me :noway: I should of hid some:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_15.gif

Thanks Julie :hug:
I am glad the chocs went down great . Now you can start on the Jaffas lol
Ellie - How you doing hun ?
Alicia - Are you back ? You are probably making up for lost time :heart: :heart: :heart: :roflhard:
DQ - I hope you are ok hun . :hug:

Limey
06-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Hiya Rita

Wow - that is one beautiful hat! Such a luscious strawberry colour!!

Just :heart: it. Thanks very much indeed, She Who Knits Like The .... whatsit? :teehee:

Sorry I'm late replying to your post but had a big time flare-up with my neck again.

I just dunno how you do it Julie - hoover up a ton of choc and stay as thin as a lat :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:. I only have to walk past a cake shop and I put three pounds on - not fair!!! :sad::sad::sad: (Love your cake-eating monster! :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:)

I'll catch up with you all later today but thanks very much again, Rita, for that gorgeous hat.

All the Best

Ellie

DQ
06-12-2008, 06:14 AM
DQ - I hope you are ok hun . :hug:

*peeps into the thread*

I'm alright, bit hit and miss with how well I sleep at the moment though. I'm just thankful I can have naptime with Shane :sleepy: I've not been knitting much lately though :shifty::oops:

Glad everyone here is having fun and knitting lots of hats!

:hug:

molly316
06-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Ladies..... I would just like to say hello and thank you for all the lovely pix you have posted of your hats, you have truly inspired me. I have registered to thank you and to show you my offerings, which will be posted this week.

Please keep up the good work, I read this entire thread and its truly awesome

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/allym316/080612_pix013.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/allym316/080612_pix014-1.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/allym316/080612_pix015.jpg

Thank you, Im sure this really will make a difference :grphug:

Molly x

Nikkilc
06-12-2008, 09:09 AM
wow molly what amazing hats

i am still knitting away got another 6 done
but have to slow down for the next 2 weeks while i make my daughter's prom dress and make a gold jump suit for my son's scout camp( dont ask) lol
glad to see all the hats that are being made
take care Nikki

ritaw
06-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Ladies..... I would just like to say hello and thank you for all the lovely pix you have posted of your hats, you have truly inspired me. I have registered to thank you and to show you my offerings, which will be posted this week.

Please keep up the good work, I read this entire thread and its truly awesome

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/allym316/080612_pix013.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/allym316/080612_pix014-1.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/allym316/080612_pix015.jpg

Thank you, Im sure this really will make a difference :grphug:

Molly x

Hi Molly ,
Glad you like the thread . We are all a happy bunch of souls on here .
We like to have a giggle :teehee: and it passes the time . :woot:
The hats are lovely and thank you for doing them . Feel free to join in Molly , we do not bite !! I promise :thumbsup:

Jen - Nice to hear from you . Take care and rest when you can . :muah:

Ellie - Thanks :wink:

Limey
06-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi Jen

It's really great to hear from you .... we've missed our 'Spinning Scouser' an awful lot :hug:

Hello Molly and Welcome not just to this thread but to the Forum as well.

Thank you very much indeed for making those lovely hats (I really like the pattern of the red one - is it a mock cable? - it's one of my favourites) and for posting them off to Save the Children.

It's very nice to know that seeing the hats has inspired you to make some yourself! - I think you're the one who's truly awesome - to have ploughed through pages of exploding sweets, off-the-wall smilies and the general, all-round lunacy of this post.

Nikki - Thanks very much for making six more hats but excuses! excuses! - fancy, letting little things like a Prom dress and a gold jump suit (I won't ask) - stuff that everyone knows can be knocked out in two seconds flat - put a halt to the proceedingsl Tut! :teehee:

Limey
06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Folks

I'm going to be out of town for a few days and won't be able to post on here (ye Gods! - save the sighs of relief until I'm out of the door, at least!)

Can I please ask that during my absence that this post is conducted with the usual dignity and decorum we customarily exercise?

* Please keep Terry's Chocolate Oranges (with matching boots and jeans), the contents of missionary parcels to Minnesota, black and golden lab pups, Ageing Hippy avatars, Uncle Joe's Mintballs and above all, any-excuse-will-do to link to a Heavy Metal music video on YouTube, to within reasonable limits???

* Sarc Twins - Julie and Rita, please note

MANY THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT IN HELPING WITH THIS APPEAL

BEST WISHES

ELLIE

momwolf
06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Don't worry Ellie we'll all be looking out http://bestsmileys.com/silly/1.gif for more things to do besides knit hats for you:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Molly come join the madness :eyes::woot::teehee:
Your hats are lovely:cheering:
Rita think we can handle everything while Ellie's awayhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_102v.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_130.gif

ritaw
06-13-2008, 01:46 AM
:rofl: Don't worry Ellie we'll all be looking out http://bestsmileys.com/silly/1.gif for more things to do besides knit hats for you:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Molly come join the madness :eyes::woot::teehee:
Your hats are lovely:cheering:
Rita think we can handle everything while Ellie's awayhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_102v.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_130.gif

Hurry back Ellie :hug:

Julie - I do not know what she means , We are as good as gold ;) and stop kicking me up the http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_102v.gif , :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

momwolf
06-13-2008, 07:26 AM
I have to go to town today so you're on your own Rita.
Try and stay out of trouble :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
06-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Oh No ! were have you all gone !
Oh well ! Look what happens when i am left to my own devices lol
Have a good day Julie :)

Edit -- I think i already posted the middle one . Oops sorry .

bajanKnit
06-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Great package!!!!.......... you guys are awesome I have not met a nicer group of people anywhere.

bajanKnit
06-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Beautiful hats everyone!!!

ritaw
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Alicia ,
Nice to see you are back . Thanks so much . Allthe hats are looking fantastic . :)
I think we are a great bunch of LUNATICS on this thread xxxxxxxx

momwolf
06-13-2008, 06:22 PM
I leave for a few hours and Rita calls me a LUNATIC,This forum is starting to make me http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/2219_twitching.gif a little bit :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard:
NICE hats Rita:woot:http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/%5Burl=http://www.clipartof.com%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.clipartof.com%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5Dhttp://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/%5Burl=http://www.clipartof.com%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.clipartof.com%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5Dhttp://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/%5Burl=http://www.clipartof.com%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.clipartof.com%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

http://www.clipartof.com (http://www.clipartof.com)

ritaw
06-14-2008, 02:25 AM
LOL Julie , You know i meant it as a compliment my little loony . :)
The hats are coming along great . !!!
I love the fact that i can start one and then it is finished . Unlike my baby blanket which is taking forever .
(mmmmm could be taking forever because i am making hats heheheh)
Have a good Weekend Everyone .
Oh and Happy Fathers day to all the dads for tomorrow. :)
It is fathers day here in the UK tomorrow , Is it the same in the US ?

Hugz for you all xxx
Ellie --- You are missed . Hurry back:)

ritaw
06-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Look what i got today in the post :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I could not believe my eyes .
Thank you so much Julie :muah: But you are a cheeky little minx . I was expecting samples but i got 5 skeins of chocolate caron and samples that Julie must have taken ages to do . She also sent me a little left over MMMMalabrigo yarn to feel and it is way soft .
I am so happy and grateful to you Julie . I can tell you though that i nearly fell of my perch when i opened the envelope .
Eternally Yours
Rita xxxxx:hug:
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

momwolf
06-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Rita,you are so welcome:hug:http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1971_dancing_dog.gif
Father's day is today over here.
Have fun knitting

ritaw
06-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Rita,you are so welcome:hug:http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1971_dancing_dog.gif
Father's day is today over here.
Have fun knitting
Well ! In that case Happy Fathers Day to all the US dads for today . :cheering:
I am off to go and take my son to his Karate lesson now . He wants to do a double session today , so that means i am going to take my knitting for sure lol :yay:

Thanks again Julie :hug:

momwolf
06-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Sorry,thought today was Sunday:doh:It is tomorrow:teehee:

ritaw
06-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Sorry,thought today was Sunday:doh:It is tomorrow:teehee:
Hahahahaha see! I told you you were going loopy lol :roflhard: :roflhard:

ritaw
06-16-2008, 08:51 AM
I am here ! Where is everyone gone ? :roflhard:

ritaw
06-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Hi Everyone ,

I just had to share that my son Luke bit into a cereal bar yesterday and yelped with pain . When i asked what was wrong he said that he had a wobbly tooth . So i told him to chew on the other side . Which he did and then yelled again. I had a look and that one was wobbly too and it bleeding a little.

Well ! |He would not stop going on about it all day until he went to sleep . I even had to make him soup so he would not have to bite into anything .
Anyway . he gets up this morning and the tooth fell out last night and it was in his mouth . Good job he did not swollow it lol
Guess what he is doing now !!!! Munching on a cereal bar :roflhard:
One more to go for now . It is his upper fangs this time .

Kids . Last time he did not realise one had fallen out . Which i think he must have swollowed.

Oh well !! I am off to practice being the tooth fairy again :rofl:

momwolf
06-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Rita Kids are soooo funny.Tell Luke I hope it doesn't hurt to bad http://bestsmileys.com/dental/1.gif Be glad he doesn't have a older brother to pull it out for him:roflhard:
Your hats are lovely as usual,I am gonna sit and knit a hat today for Ellie so she won't be cranky when she comes backhttp://bestsmileys.com/angry1/2.gif http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif and finds out I have been slacking off on the hats
Have a great day:hug:

ritaw
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Rita Kids are soooo funny.Tell Luke I hope it doesn't hurt to bad http://bestsmileys.com/dental/1.gif Be glad he doesn't have a older brother to pull it out for him:roflhard:
Your hats are lovely as usual,I am gonna sit and knit a hat today for Ellie so she won't be cranky when she comes backhttp://bestsmileys.com/angry1/2.gif http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif and finds out I have been slacking off on the hats
Have a great day:hug:
He is a funny little chappy . He is a great kid and i am so lucky to have him.:heart:
LOL Ellie will be on your case for sure . I love this http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif. LOL i can imagine ellie doing that . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I have really missed her these last few days . She makes me laugh so much . Especially when she is doing this http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ritaw
06-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Here you go Ellie . One more for the good cause . Please do not http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif tell us off lolllllllllll :muah:

Limey
06-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Rita! Really! As If I'd tell anyone off! :teehee:

Ooh the idea!

Oi! What do you call this, then? What a paltry number of 'ats yous lot 'ave turned out! :hmm:

Call yourselves knitters!!!!!! I daren't turn my back for two minutes before you're skyving off - no doubt I'll hear that you've been looking after kids and going to work and thinking up other feeble excuses for non-knittin' that yous lot comes up with!!! :violin:

Yours :grrr::!!!:

Limey
06-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Hiya

:woohoo::woohoo::woot::cheering::happydance: :woohoo:

Found a parcel in the porch when I got home last night.

Chuffed isn't in the neighbourhood - beautiful Plymouth mercerised cotton and if that wasn't enough, a gorgeous ball of sock yarn to match!!:inlove::inlove::inlove: and a skein of my favourite minty green colour!!!!!

Thanks so much Julie - what a wonderful surprise!!!

I don't usually knit anything for myself but I'm definitely going to make myself something with all that lovely cotton; and the sock yarn is so yummy that it would be a burning shame not to try at least to knit socks with it.

Thanks so much too for knitting more hats - they're absolutely lovely and very, very soft.

THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU AND RITA FOR KEEPING THE THREAD POPPING WHILE I'VE BEEN AWAY!!!

THANK YOU TOO, RITA, FOR ALL YOUR KIND COMMENTS AND FOR STILL KNITTING LIKE THE WHATNOT! I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP.

ritaw
06-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Welcome back Ellie :)
I hope all is well . What a lovely package . And the hats are wonderful Julie :)

LOL She who knits like the wotnot lol I like that :)

momwolf
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Rita a cute :cheering:
Ellie's gone again:waah: went back to daughter's house.Must of made a pit stop to get more stuff for her and her granddaughter to make a mess with. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_20_4.gif That women LOVES to do kids crafts with kids.
And to get a change of underwearhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_3_120.gif :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
06-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Rita a cute :cheering:
Ellie's gone again:waah: went back to daughter's house.Must of made a pit stop to get more stuff for her and her granddaughter to make a mess with. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_20_4.gif That women LOVES to do kids crafts with kids.
And to get a change of underwearhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_3_120.gif :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

LOL Thanks Julie .
Nice underwear . :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

momwolf
06-20-2008, 01:54 AM
My computer crashed yesterday:waah: Had to buy new hard drive.Now I have to upload everything again:hair::thud:
That's why I haven't been on here.:eyes:

ritaw
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
OH Julie , So sorry , I know how you feel . Mine has done it so many times .
Infact my laptop is on its last legs . I am hoping it will last a bit longer before i buy another one.
Just take it slow and load a little every day . I have done all mine on the one day and it drove me nuts.
Take care :)

bajanKnit
06-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone Your hats are really great! :woohoo: :cheering: :woot:

My pc is down so i have been out of the loop I hope I can be back in a few days :waah: :waah: see you then.

By the way you guys are just great.

Alicia

ritaw
06-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Hi Alicia ,
Hope you are up and running soon. :)
I Have been busy this weekend with kids parties . I had one last night , we got home at 11pm and i have one today as well . so i have not done any knitting this weekend .
I hope everyone is ok and having a good weekend ,
Hey Julie - i hope that pc is up and running for you :)

momwolf
06-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Rita nice to put a face with a name:cheering:
Here is me with my son Luke Attached Images:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=48807&stc=1&d=1214120057
I will add mine when I get pics loaded up:teehee: It is a slow process.Thank god I put all the stuff you e-mailed me to a folder in my e-mail list :cheering:

momwolf
06-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Rita I went through my picture disk and found this pic from last year just for you:teehee:

ritaw
06-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Well aren't you a pretty thing . LOL Those beautiful doggies are as big as you lol .
It is such a great idea that Nobones had for the that thread .
It is nice to see if people look like you imagine . I have been wrong everytime so far lol

I am so tired . we did not get in till 11pm last nighgt after the kids party and i have just got in from the second one today . My feet feel like they belong to someone else :)
Have a great weekend

Limey
06-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Rita said:

I Have been busy this weekend with kids parties . I had one last night , we got home at 11pm and i have one today as well . so i have not done any knitting this weekend

Hiya

I'll let you off, while it's you - but don't let this stopping out 'til all hours get out of hand - that's twice this year you've been awake after 10pm! Tut!

MANY THANKS TO BOTH YOU AND JULIE FOR YOUR POSTS WHILE I'VE BEEN AWAY.

Limey
06-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Hiya Folks

I've just had a look at the Save the Children website for the latest info.

An incredible 120,0000 hats have been knitted!!! :yay::yay::yay:

The first batch of hats is on its way to Tibet and I believe another 50,000 are heading south to Angola and the South West Africa region. Photos of hats reaching Tibet should be published by the end of this month. (Please click first link below)

MPs are now becoming involved by collecting hats from their constituents to send to their local branches of Save the Children.

There's also a hoot of a link here - it's an advert published in the parliamentary magazine, House. I fell about when I saw it.

http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/docs/house_ad_2nd_proof.pdf

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR KIND HELP AND SUPPORT.

PLEASE KEEP KNITTING - EVERY HAT HELPS KEEP A BABY WARM

BEST WISHES

Ellie

momwolf
06-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Rita, look what I got :cheering::woohoo::woot: More Terry's chocolate from Ellie.http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/4.gif
And I got a sampler of chocolate and more tea and mustard and yarn and 4 little pics I'm gonna hang by my computer and other goodies. Wish you lived closer so I could share. Oh wait :shock: me share chocolate:noway: NO WAY:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflha rd::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Thanks sooooooooo much Ellie:hug:It was another great package :woot:
Suppose I owe you 50 hats now:shock:

bajanKnit
06-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi guys what's going on? Hope everyone is doing great!! just wanted to let you know I am here :woohoo: :cheering: :woot: in the UK (Leeds) it's so different from where we lived before (Birmingham) I don't know where anything is not even the yarn shops :waah: :waah: and my DH is always at work so he is no help what so ever. So does anyone here know anything about West Yorkshire/Leeds?
Did go to the supermarket yesterday so at least I can eat even if I can't knit :waah: :waah: :wall:

Have a great day guys.

Alicia

Limey
06-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Hiya Julie

Glad you liked the goodies in the parcel - I remembered some of the Brit stuff I couldn't get in America, so that's how you've ended up with Jaffa Cakes, Bisto and Mustard.

Word of caution about this English mustard - it has to be treated with the utmost care and respect - before opening the tin, don goggles and gloves (nah - just kidding, forget the gloves).

This is definitely NOT your weak-kneed, woosie mustard generally available in most US supermarkets - no, indeedy!:fingerwag: This is tonsil-torching, amalgam-melting, delicious molten lava. Don't put it on a your best dinner service because it will melt the pattern off the plates.

I would also caution you to give your taste buds prior warning of what is in store for them with this wonderful stuff - it's not fair blitzing them with Colman's without a couple of days' limbering up first - otherwise, they could go into shock and seizure and be of the firm opinion that the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are coming up the driveway and will be descending any minute!

Can't have that, so if I were you, I'd get them into shape first by peeling a couple of raw onions that you can chomp merrily on throughout the day (does wonders this, for keeping mozzies at bay as well).

Before totally beating your tastebuds into submission, you can give them a little TLC by crunching a couple of Uncle Joe's Mintballs before bed. This will do them no end of good, clear up any sinus problems you may have and again, keep the mozzies at a safe distance. Eat a couple of those and you can chuck your insect screens into the dumpster.

Now, is there anything else I can get you from the UK? Just say the word and I'll be off shopping.

Enjoy.

Ellie

Limey
06-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Alicia

Welcome back!!!!!! and well done!!! you've managed to bring a bit of sunshine back with you as well. :sun:

You're asking a Lancastrian to tell you about Leeds?????? :teehee: OMG, start a hat thread and you end up doing tourist work across the Pennines.

Still, while it's you - the only places I've been to though, are Headingly Cricket ground and the Armaments Museum (well worth a visit, both of them!).

As a knitter, you have landed in heaven because just down the road, in Bradford, is the centre of the woollen industry in the UK. I think most of the major brands are manufactured there, so you should have no end of choice!!!! Lucky Bunny!!!!

I do know know what you mean though, about rocking up in a place where nothing is familiar and you have to keep asking directions if you need to go shopping for anything.

When I moved up to Darlington, I didn't have a clue where anything was - first morning I was there, I had to go to the next-door neighbour and ask where the nearest corner shop was to go and get some milk and bread and then find out where the nearest supermarket was.

Didn't know where the bus stop was and when I found one, I didn't know which side of the road to wait because I didn't know which direction the town was in. I'd arrived the night before and just gave the cabbie a piece of paper with my address on it - hard to judge distance and direction when you when you get straight off the train and into a cab, late at night. Not that I have any sense of direction, anyway.

If you've been able to cope with a huge place like Birmingham, you'll be fine! I hear rumours that Yorkshire folk are very friendly, although they are given to super-gluing their wallets inside their coat pockets!

Let us know how you're getting on, would you?

BIG WELCOME BACK FROM ALL OF US

Limey
06-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi

Meant to post this yesterday - thought it would be good to have a peep - it's only been seen once in the last 80 years!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7470539.stm

This next one is eye-watering!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7470832.stm

:passedout:

bajanKnit
06-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi Alicia

Welcome back!!!!!! and well done!!! you've managed to bring a bit of sunshine back with you as well. :sun:

You're asking a Lancastrian to tell you about Leeds?????? :teehee: OMG, start a hat thread and you end up doing tourist work across the Pennines.

Still, while it's you - the only places I've been to though, are Headingly Cricket ground and the Armaments Museum (well worth a visit, both of them!).

As a knitter, you have landed in heaven because just down the road, in Bradford, is the centre of the woollen industry in the UK. I think most of the major brands are manufactured there, so you should have no end of choice!!!! Lucky Bunny!!!!

I do know know what you mean though, about rocking up in a place where nothing is familiar and you have to keep asking directions if you need to go shopping for anything.

When I moved up to Darlington, I didn't have a clue where anything was - first morning I was there, I had to go to the next-door neighbour and ask where the nearest corner shop was to go and get some milk and bread and then find out where the nearest supermarket was.

Didn't know where the bus stop was and when I found one, I didn't know which side of the road to wait because I didn't know which direction the town was in. I'd arrived the night before and just gave the cabbie a piece of paper with my address on it - hard to judge distance and direction when you when you get straight off the train and into a cab, late at night. Not that I have any sense of direction, anyway.

If you've been able to cope with a huge place like Birmingham, you'll be fine! I hear rumours that Yorkshire folk are very friendly, although they are given to super-gluing their wallets inside their coat pockets!

Let us know how you're getting on, would you?

BIG WELCOME BACK FROM ALL OF US

Hi Ellie
Big thank you!! For the warm welcome and the laugh!(glued to they pockets) i am still laughing.
As soon as I can get Dh to take me I will be going to Texere In Bradford I have heard good things about it from the British Knitters on Ravelry. I am told when I go take a truck with me and strong hands. We'll see how it goes.

I wish someone had warned me about English mustard when I first came to this Country I learn the very very painful way I also learn that it is great for unblocking your sinuses. :)

Have a great day!

Alicia

Limey
06-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi Alicia

Very glad you're back over here and apologies for the UK monsoon season.

Ssshhh!!!!! If I were you, I'd be very careful about who you tell that you're planning a trip to Texere Yarns, or your hubby could end up having to hire a bus!

You're right, Colman's is great for clearing your sinuses but please don't crack on to Julie that we also use it for drain cleaner and sandblasting buildings - it might put her off the stuff and that would be awful.

All Best Wishes

Ellie

bajanKnit
06-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Alicia

Very glad you're back over here and apologies for the UK monsoon season.

Ssshhh!!!!! If I were you, I'd be very careful about who you tell that you're planning a trip to Texere Yarns, or your hubby could end up having to hire a bus!

You're right, Colman's is great for clearing your sinuses but please don't crack on to Julie that we also use it for drain cleaner and sandblasting buildings - it might put her off the stuff and that would be awful.

All Best Wishes

Ellie
:rofl: :chair: :rofl: :chair:

Limey
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Folks

I received a lovely letter this morning from Leora Hanser, Head of Campaigns and Advocacy at Save the Children, addressed to all the knitters contributing to the appeal.

I thought it would be nice for folks to read what she has to say, just in case you hadn't received a letter yet.

Dear Supporter

Thank you so much for knitting for us. We're really grateful that you have chosen to get involved in this campaign. We've had such an overwhelming response that I'm afraid I couldn't write to say "thank you" as quickly as I would have liked, for which I apologise.

I thought I couldn't write to say "thank you" without also telling you some facts about our wonderful knitters around the country.

Across the nation there are literally thousands of needles clacking away and over 2500 hats are being delivered to our head office every day! That's a staggering 104 hats knitted every hour. Most importantly, we have already received over 80,000 hats and each one means that a baby will now have a much better chance of survival in their first few months of life. Thousands of hats have already been sent to Tibet and are now keeping newborn babies warm and snug.

There are also thousands of messages pouring in to Gordon Brown from caring knitters asking him to make saving children's lives a priority.

We couldn't do any of this without your help so thank you.

momwolf
06-26-2008, 10:15 AM
I wish someone had warned me about English mustard when I first came to this Country I learn the very very painful way I also learn that it is great for unblocking your sinuses. :)No kidding,I was breathing fire for a week

Limey
06-26-2008, 01:56 PM
No kidding,I was breathing fire for a week

Hi Julie

Colman's could come in really handy during the winter where you are - just breathe on the car's engine first thing in the morning and it'll turn over first time - better than antifreeze it is.

You could also scatter it on your airstrip-cum-driveway - it works wonders on impacted snow - I'll send you a barrel of it in November. That way, you won't be up to your ho-ho's in snow.

I'm sorry you had such an unfortunate introduction to it, though - it's NOT meant to blow all over the kitchen when you open it - and as for sticking your finger in it - well!!!!

Wish I'd been a fly on the wall when that happened!

Fancy an English ham sandwich, anyone?

Limey
07-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi

Sorry, I've been out of town for the last few days.

I wanted to try something a bit different ..... and it didn't take much longer than ordinary stocking stitch!

I love the rib but next time I'll tug the stitches a little tighter in places.

Limey
07-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Hiya

Just been on the Save the Children website and saw the wonderful photos of babies with their mums in Tibet.

It's magic to know that something we've knitted has travelled so far and is such a useful item of clothing .....

On a personal note, I'm skipping daisies :happydance::happydance:because Save the Children are now sending hats to the Cape Town area of South Africa, where it is bitterly cold during the winter. I've been looking for quite a while for a contact centre where I could send some of my own knitted hats to.

Cape Town has had so-called 'squatter' camps for years - and as far as I can find out, some people are still living under tarpaulins stretched across tree branches to give some kind of shelter from the Cape winter.

SO THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS AND DO PLEASE, KEEP THEM COMING!!!

BEST WISHES

ELLIE

Ladylou
07-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Hi There!

I've seen this charity going around and definetley have to say that its one of the better ones out there:cheering: I would really love to help... the only problem is that I'd prefer to use acrylic yarn since i just got a bunch donated from my wonderful friends at my SNB. I know that acrylic isnt as warm as wool, but i bet it would be better than nothing...

Do ya'll know if they accept acrylic hats?:)

Love,
Lexie:muah:

Limey
07-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Hiya Lexie

Lovely to hear from someone new to the thread.

Do they accept acrylic yarn? Yes, they do! :inlove::inlove: In fact, acrylic yarn is preferred because it's very smooth and washable - any smooth yarn is acceptable but acrylic is the best.

Thank you too for your kind comments about the charity - everyone seems to be having a good time knitting these small, but very essential items of baby clothing.

If you need any further information, please just let me know.

Yours, snatching your hand off!

Ellie

bajanKnit
07-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi Ellie
Your hat looks great!!!:cheering: I have been missing in action myself since I seemed to have knocked my back out of commission just trying to type this message is killing me (can't say how i hurt my back though to embarassing} but I hope it will get better soon I hate this lying around I can't get anything done. :waah: :waah:

Limey
07-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Ellie
Your hat looks great!!!:cheering: I have been missing in action myself since I seemed to have knocked my back out of commission just trying to type this message is killing me (can't say how i hurt my back though to embarassing} but I hope it will get better soon I hate this lying around I can't get anything done. :waah: :waah:

Excuses! Excuses! Alicia :teehee::teehee:

One thing about knitting is that you can lie on your back and do the odd knit and purl. I admit you might have trouble maintaining an even tension but nothing worth having ever comes easy.

Please don't try using you computer that way though, unless of course, you're absolutely sure that your keyboard is securely anchored to the ceiling because there's just no telling where the semi-colon could end up!

Joking aside, I'm really sorry about your back giving so much pain - it's horrible not being able to move without hurting, (and no, I won't ask how .........).

Thanks for the nice comments about the little hat and I hope you'll be feeling better in a couple of days or so ... meantime, take it easy, my old fruit.

All Best Wishes

Ellie

Limey
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Another bunch of cute hats and .... coconuts

Top pic is of Julie's hats - bottom pic is mine - all ready to go!

Limey
07-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Hi

Ooh - totally forgot to put a close-up of the 'African' hat. :doh:

I thought that as the next shipment of hats is heading for southern Africa, it would be nice to use Pan African colours - red, gold and green.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzy38qbvrZk&feature=related

Limey
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi

Just thought you would like to know that following the Paul O'Grady appeal on TV, 180,000 hats have now been knitted.

Save the Children took the campaign directly to the House of Commons last week, where MPs, including Ministers, got cracking (as best they could) knitting hats and even took them into the House during Prime Minister's Question Time last Wednesday.

A running total of 180,000 hats might seem an enormous amount but these vital little items of clothing can and do make the difference between life and death for a newborn baby - so please carry on knitting (as if you lot needed any encouragement to do that).

MANY THANKS EVERYONE WHO HAS SO FAR CONTRIBUTED

Best Wishes.

Ellie

DQ
07-17-2008, 08:00 AM
*peeps into thread*

Hello evveryone. Sorry I've been awol but I haven't felt like knitting recently and now I've got a list of projects to finish before I start anything else.

I'm ashamed to say I stalled on 3 hats :oops: I will dig them out and get them sent off though, as Tesco says...'Every little helps" !

A big :yay: to all you knitting machines, your hats are lovely.

Limey
07-17-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm ashamed to say I stalled on 3 hats :oops: I will dig them out and get them sent off though, as Tesco says...'Every little helps" !

A big :yay: to all you knitting machines, your hats are lovely.[/quote]

Hiya Jen

It's lovely to hear from you :happydance:- and while it's you, I think we'll let you off getting stymid with the knit.

You're right, too - every little does help - so thanks very much; we've really missed our little Spinning Scouser :woohoo:

All Best Wishes

Ellie

DQ
07-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I will be getting the baby yarn out after I've finished my 'to do' list... :shifty: ;) ...so I might manage a few more yet. We'll see!

bajanKnit
07-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone "I'm back" literally.... my back is doing so much better now so much better that I have another 3 hats and am casting on a few more at the same time so I can do a little on each every chance I get.
I am so behind on everything since I had been on my back for the past 3 weeks.

I am looking for storage bins preferably clear ones to store my yarn in I don't have alot of space in the flat so I would like something that is stacked. Thanks
bye going to bed now later

Alicia

Limey
07-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Hi Alicia

I'm very glad to know that your back is on the mend and you're getting back to 'normal', or at least, what passes for 'normal' on this thread. :eyes:

Thanks very much too for cracking on with the hats - every one of them will be needed and much appreciated by Save the Children. :hug:

Unless you see stackable boxes in a shop, please don't buy any yet because I'll check out some office supply companies first and get back to you. Sometimes they're cheaper than High Street prices.

I've not been able to make as many hats as I would have liked these last couple of weeks but I finished this one and I'm halfway through another mock cable hat - just love that pattern!

All the Best

Ellie

bajanKnit
07-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi Alicia

I'm very glad to know that your back is on the mend and you're getting back to 'normal', or at least, what passes for 'normal' on this thread. :eyes:

Thanks very much too for cracking on with the hats - every one of them will be needed and much appreciated by Save the Children. :hug:

Unless you see stackable boxes in a shop, please don't buy any yet because I'll check out some office supply companies first and get back to you. Sometimes they're cheaper than High Street prices.

I've not been able to make as many hats as I would have liked these last couple of weeks but I finished this one and I'm halfway through another mock cable hat - just love that pattern!

All the Best

Ellie
Hi Ellie
Thank you for your well wishes:hug:and thank you for helping me with my storage problem. :)

Your hat looks nice! :cheering:

I have another 2 hats almost finish and another cast on :X: unfortunately I have 4 hats that are the same color, but I don't think they will mind. Off to go soak up some sun :sun: it's warm today. (note to self get it while it's here).How is the weather in your neck of the woods?:hot:

Caio
Alicia
:):):):)

Limey
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi Alicia

What's the weather like? Dreadful!! I live about a mile and a half from Birkdale Golf Club - you know, that green stuff where people crowd around to see a bloke hit a tiny ball with a stick.

They've been holding something called the 'Open' here and the wind just hasn't eased up at all. Damn near gale force at times.

You must have stashed that sunshine in your suitcase and sneaked it in because we've not seen much at all, or at least, when there has been any, it's still cold on the coast here.

Will get back to you about the storage boxes.

Thanks very much for knitting the lovely hats - and it doesn't matter a bit if some are the same.

All the Best

Ellie

Limey
07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi Folks

I've posted the latest information from Save the Children at the top of the thread.

There are more photographs from Tibet on the following link plus how one little hat helped a four-month-old Tibetan baby boy, who has had pneumonia.

There's a wonderful picture of Tibetan mothers with a box of hats - I keep looking at it to see if I can spot any of ours.

BTW, Save the Children are looking for stories for their campaign of how people held Knit-Ins, or got together to knit hats.

I've wondered if we should let them know about our thread ...

What do you think?

MANY THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THE APPEAL

All Best Wishes
Ellie

Limey
07-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi

This is the third mock cable hat I've made and it just had to be a nice blue because I already knitted cream and pink, not to mention being totally fed up with these endless grey skies of summer - bummer :verysad: It's all Alicia's fault, bringing back a stash of sunshine :sun::hot: and then she goes and loses it. Tut! :??:doh:and Tut again!

This shade reminds me of Greece, so if you don't mind, Jen - I'll have a bash at making that lovely Greek Key design you did.

Think my next hat though will be a Dolly Mixture - I totally forgot about a small pastel stash I had with a sugary pink and a lovely mauve - so I'll get cracking

momwolf
07-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Cute hat Ellie!!! I will start up some more hats for you tomorrow night.

bajanKnit
07-24-2008, 06:26 AM
It's all Alicia's fault, bringing back a stash of sunshine and then she goes and loses it. Tut! and Tut again!

Why thank you Ellie I am so flattered that you think I am the reason for you knitting such a gorgeous little hat. I gladly take all the blame. :rofl: :chair: And by the way I haven't lost it I am just giving it out in installments because I don't want it go too soon.:):):)

Later
Alicia
:):):)

momwolf
07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Ok I did as I promised,Are you happy now Ellie:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
I used the yarn you sent me:cheering:

ritaw
07-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Julie that hat looks amazing . I love the little frill at the bottom . It adds a little bit of chic . :)

bajanKnit
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi guys here are a few hats don't let your eyes fool you they look the same but they are not.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/bajanknit/DSCF0047.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/bajanknit/DSCF0052.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/bajanknit/DSCF0054.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/bajanknit/DSCF0057.jpg

Sorry for the awful pics camera acting up.

ritaw
07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi Alicia ,

They look great . I especially like the one at the bottom with the diamond :)

bajanKnit
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Alicia ,

They look great . I especially like the one at the bottom with the diamond :)
Thank you Rita

momwolf
07-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Alicia,Those are some cute hatshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_109.gif

Uh Rita, I'm knitting my fingers to the bone here the least you could do is helphttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_7.gif:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
07-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Alicia,Those are some cute hatshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_109.gif

Uh Rita, I'm knitting my fingers to the bone here the least you could do is helphttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_7.gif:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Awww Julie , Sorry about the fingers :hug:
I am working on some projects at the moment that i need to finish .
But i will be inspecting your lovely work lol
It really is a lovely hat . The best one yet :)

bajanKnit
07-26-2008, 01:29 PM

Thank you very much Julie

Limey
07-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi

Julie said:

"Cute hat Ellie!!! I will start up some more hats for you tomorrow night.

"Ok I did as I promised,Are you happy now Ellie:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
I used the yarn you sent me":cheering:

Well, there's a thing! - I hope you're not blaming me for your mental machinations, Mrs.:eyes: Sauce!!!:rofl:

Hi Julie

I love that little hat and it seems that the people I bought the yarn from were right - they said a pattern or shading would soon appear with MAGI KNIT on small items - seems that with some self patterning yarns, you have to knit quite a large(ish) piece before anything emerges.

I really like the little frill border you made - just perfect for a baby girl and I'm sure whoever receives it will keep it as a memento.

Hi Alicia

WHERE did you get that yummy, Buttermilk shade from? I think it's beautiful - very warm and cozy-looking. C'mon, cough! - did you get it at Texere Yarns?

The hats look completely different - I love the second one with the ties and what's the pattern you used for the brim of the third one? - absolutely gorgeous. I really like the orange shade too that you've used - really good contrast and complementary. All of your hats are lovely.

THANK YOU ALL EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND CONTRIBUTIONS

SAVE THE CHILDREN ARE STILL NEEDING AND COLLECTING HATS, SO PLEASE KEEP 'EM COMING.

With Warmest Wishes
Ellie

bajanKnit
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Alicia

WHERE did you get that yummy, Buttermilk shade from? I think it's beautiful - very warm and cozy-looking. C'mon, cough! - did you get it at Texere Yarns?

The hats look completely different - I love the second one with the ties and what's the pattern you used for the brim of the third one? - absolutely gorgeous. I really like the orange shade too that you've used - really good contrast and complementary. All of your hats are lovely.

Thank you very much Ellie you are to kind. The yarn actually is 2 strands held together a cream and a very pale yellow as for patterns I don't use patterns I just do gauge swatch and calculate accordingly the brim on the 3rd one is the seed stitch. I just wrapped 5 hats to ship off to London tommorrow each one I knit I feel so so awesome Its a nice feeling.

Question..... is Caron Simply Soft sold in the UK? I hear good things about it.

Off to bed now night night.

ritaw
07-30-2008, 07:02 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_7.gif[/IMG]:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Julie ! This is just for you lol Just the thought of your little fingers in pain gave me the chills so here is a hat i made yesterday.
It is made with Patons fun time DK. Nobones kindly gave me two balls of it as a gift when she came to visit .
I am also making a baby dress with the rest . :)
I like the way the colours change when i am knitting with it . It also feels very soft too , which is ideal for babies :hug:

momwolf
07-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Rita Thanks for the helphttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gif The hat is cute.Now knit like the wind and make some more :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
07-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Rita Thanks for the helphttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gif The hat is cute.Now knit like the wind and make some more :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard:

Hahaha , You cheeky thing !!! I thought this one might keep you quiet . I should have known lol :rofl:

momwolf
07-30-2008, 07:24 AM
You got to be kiddinghttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gifme be quiet

DQ
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Julie ! This is just for you lol Just the thought of your little fingers in pain gave me the chills so here is a hat i made yesterday.
It is made with Patons fun time DK. Nobones kindly gave me two balls of it as a gift when she came to visit .
I am also making a baby dress with the rest . :)
I like the way the colours change when i am knitting with it . It also feels very soft too , which is ideal for babies :hug:

Thanks for the yarn tip, I must look out for that. I really must get my WIPS finished so I can start on some...smaller...projects... :whistle:

ritaw
07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the yarn tip, I must look out for that. I really must get my WIPS finished so I can start on some...smaller...projects... :whistle:
You are welcome Jen :)
I hope all is well:hug:

Limey
07-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Hiya Jen

How are you doing?

"I really must get my WIPS finished so I can start on some...smaller...projects... :whistle:" you said.

Don't worry about it - just do what you can when you can;:thumbsup: there's no requirement to be a speed freak :poke:

I will try out that lovely Greek pattern you posted though, if that's ok - when I've done the Dolly Mixture hat.

Best Wishes
Ellie

DQ
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh I'm ok...just been feeling a bit sick lately... ;)

Limey
07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Alicia said:

"Thank you very much Ellie you are to kind. The yarn actually is 2 strands held together a cream and a very pale yellow as for patterns I don't use patterns I just do gauge swatch and calculate accordingly the brim on the 3rd one is the seed stitch. I just wrapped 5 hats to ship off to London tommorrow each one I knit I feel so so awesome Its a nice feeling.

Question..... is Caron Simply Soft sold in the UK? I hear good things about it."

Hi Alicia

If you don't mind, I think I'm going to try out your idea of using two threads together.

I don't know why it is but some DK yarn is almost like knitting with sewing cotton - very thin - so I'll give two strands a go.

Thank you so much for sending the hats to Save the Children - you're right, it is a nice feeling, knowing that your work will benefit a baby maybe thousands of miles away.

It's also very nice to know that all the hats we knitted at the start of the campaign are now in Tibet, where winter will be arriving very soon at those altitudes and where the hats will be needed and very much appreciated.

Caron Yarn? - Hmm. I've scoured everywhere for a UK distributor but can't find one. There is a site on ebay UK but it's an online store in States.

It is a lovely yarn - maybe your best chance of getting some is to look at the Caron site here

http://www.caron.com/

and ask a friend in the States if they could get you some and ship it to the UK.

Caron, like alot of other US companies, don't ship overseas.

Thanks very much again for making and posting the hats.

Best Wishes

Ellie

bajanKnit
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Alicia said:

"Thank you very much Ellie you are to kind. The yarn actually is 2 strands held together a cream and a very pale yellow as for patterns I don't use patterns I just do gauge swatch and calculate accordingly the brim on the 3rd one is the seed stitch. I just wrapped 5 hats to ship off to London tommorrow each one I knit I feel so so awesome Its a nice feeling.

Question..... is Caron Simply Soft sold in the UK? I hear good things about it."

Hi Alicia

If you don't mind, I think I'm going to try out your idea of using two threads together.

I don't know why it is but some DK yarn is almost like knitting with sewing cotton - very thin - so I'll give two strands a go.

Thank you so much for sending the hats to Save the Children - you're right, it is a nice feeling, knowing that your work will benefit a baby maybe thousands of miles away.

It's also very nice to know that all the hats we knitted at the start of the campaign are now in Tibet, where winter will be arriving very soon at those altitudes and where the hats will be needed and very much appreciated.

Caron Yarn? - Hmm. I've scoured everywhere for a UK distributor but can't find one. There is a site on ebay UK but it's an online store in States.

It is a lovely yarn - maybe your best chance of getting some is to look at the Caron site here

http://www.caron.com/

and ask a friend in the States if they could get you some and ship it to the UK.

Caron, like alot of other US companies, don't ship overseas.

Thanks very much again for making and posting the hats.

Best Wishes

Ellie
Hi Ellie
Thanks for the link. I will check it out. I did ask a friends in the US but he doesn't have clue as to where to get it from.

Cheers :chair: :rofl:
Alicia

Limey
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Alicia

I'm surprised at you - asking a bloke to go and find where you can buy yarn!!!!! :roll: most blokes, in my opinion, don't have a clue (full stop).

I hope you can tell him now where he can buy it from - but I'll keep having a mooch and see if there are other ways of buying some and getting it to the UK.

All the Best

Ellie

momwolf
07-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Alicia,
I would be glad to mail you some,just let me know what you want:teehee:

bajanKnit
07-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Alicia,
I would be glad to mail you some,just let me know what you want:teehee:
Hi Julie
Thank you very much for your offer.I have sent you a PM.

Thanks
Alicia