PDA

View Full Version : I need help : )

dustinac
03-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi, I have been wanting to learn how to crochet for some time...and have tried a few times with mom's help. Only thing is she doesn't live in the same state as me...so I've had problems catching on to crochet...I finally decided to try it again and I made some flowers (to go up a side of a sock)...and thought well since I made the flowers right out of the gate I want to make this (http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html)...:oo:

Two phone calls later to my mom...I'm finally to Fan 2...I know mom doesn't mind if I call her for the 3rd time but was wondering if you all could help me?

I'm on Row 4 and have worked into the 5ch space...but now my question is...where do dc at? inside the picots? I'd love any tips please...:hug:

ETA: hrmm ok after looking at an up close photo I think I'm suppose to work all the dc in the 5ch space

Thank you!!

jberry16
03-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I'd have to start it and see...maybe I will
you silly girl, I can't keep up with you

jberry16
03-28-2008, 05:22 PM
yes you've got it right
(you're the reason, part of the reason, I have so many WIPs) Hey I have to blame someone ;)

dustinac
03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
:rofl: I don't want you to get bored with one project ya see...I do it for you...:hug:

:woot: Thank you for trying it out for me! This is what I have so far...I'm hoping it's right...so many different places you can stick that hook...and I'm hoping after I starch it will look more even and more like I knew what I was doing (even if I didn't :rofl: )

knit2btied
03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow! Don't know what that is, but it sure is pretty! (smile)

jberry16
03-29-2008, 12:23 AM
:rofl: looks just like mine, same color too! I'll post a pic tomorrow, I didn't have startch so I used equal parts of sugar and water and boiled 'em and then soaked it and now it's drying flat.

thanks for helping me stay busy and not get bored. ;) :hug:

dustinac
03-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Wow! Don't know what that is, but it sure is pretty! (smile)

Thank you!! It's the Crochet Fan Bookmark (http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html):happydance:

Julie, your welcome :rofl: ... I only have 2 more fans to go :yay:

PamJ
03-29-2008, 10:21 AM
It's looking perfect!!! You are doing an amazing job. I could never do that as a new crocheter.

I love this pattern. I made several with verigated DMC perle cotton (size 5) and a size 5 (1.9 mm) hook, and they turned out so pretty. It's definitely larger than the pattern intended, since the thread and hook are bigger, but it is still a nice bookmark. The thicker thread also didn't need starch. I just ironed it.

dustinac
03-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Thank you Pam! I think the varigated would be so pretty!!

I'm about to post the finished one in the whatcha knitting :woot: ...then I'll mail it to mom so she can point out any mistakes before I try my 2nd one...:teehee:

aineepooh1
03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
:inlove: yes.. that is VERY cool! What a nice small project gift. I don't think I have ever seen one before!