PDA

View Full Version : Red Heart Creme de la Creme

sue in canada
03-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Has anyone tried this cotton yarn? I am thinking it must be like Peaches and Cream. I just noticed it in the Herschners catalogue.

kayrun
03-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Has anyone tried this cotton yarn? I am thinking it must be like Peaches and Cream. I just noticed it in the Herschners catalogue.

I bought some recently & have used some of it on washcloths...it seems a bit thinner than PnC - - I have to use a US6 needle & I always use a 7 on Pnc....nice yarn with some great colors...
I got mine here:
http://lindasyarnstore.com/149.htm
and was very pleased with the service.
HTH,
Karen G
in GA

sue in canada
03-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Is it any softer to work with? There are some nice colours.

kayrun
03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Is it any softer to work with? There are some nice colours.

Yes,
It feels a bit softer (may be due to the thinner yarn wt).
I liked working with it.....get a ball & try it out~
(yarn enabler speaking here :)
LOL

Mulderknitter
03-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the review, will check it out the next time I see it!

margrue
03-30-2008, 08:57 PM
It is a bit thinner than Peaches and Cream/Sugar N'Cream but it is spun a little bit tighter so it is a smoother feeling yarn. I bought some in the French Country colorway to make dishcloths and place mats for my kitchen, which was recently redecorated in French Country blues and golds. I like it better than the other two.

Jan in CA
07-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I just came across this post. I didn't see it today when I went to Michaels or Joann, but then I didn't see much of anything that I was looking for. And they wonder why we shop online. :doh:

Debkcs
07-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Lot's of really pretty colors. Might have to get some to start little Christmas gifts with.

Jan, I hate to say this, but it's to the point I'd almost rather buy online. Better selection, and overall lower prices.

Jan in CA
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Jan, I hate to say this, but it's to the point I'd almost rather buy online. Better selection, and overall lower prices.

I do feel like I should purchase some yarn from my LYS since I spend Friday evenings in there so I get some now and then. Even though they have an okay selection it's nothing compared to online. I like shopping online! :thumbsup:

booskibabe
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but now I want to. :) Thanks for the info!