PDA

View Full Version : Have A Question

llwalker
03-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi All

First off I just joined your group, can't believe I found this but I know I'm going to enjoy it.. I started knitting about 30 Years ago and then due to life and problems I quit. A few weeks ago I just decided I wanted to try again and I'm so glad I did

Now I have a question and I really hope someone can help me. When I was kitting way back when I had this really great pattern. It was an afghan made in the Indian style diamonds. I remember you used 5 different colors all of different degrees of the same color and you knitted two rows with each color. You went up 10 rows and then back down the same way on both sides. There is also a drop down stitch in it somewhere but I can't remember where I think it made a diamond inside the main diamond.

Does anyone have any idea with I'm talking about and how I can find that pattern again. I tried real hard to draw it out again but I just can't remember it all. I want to say it was all purl stitch but I just don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lori Walker:doh:

Jan in CA
03-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome to Knitting Help, Lori!

I haven't heard of that pattern, but I'll keep my eyes open. In the meantime here's a bunch of patterns. This is a great site to bookmark. ;)
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php

suecq
03-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to say welcome back to knitting and welcome to the forum. A forum you might consider joining for the pattern lookup benefit is ravelry.com. There is a waiting list once you put your name on the list. I think it is only about 10 days now. There are over 100,000 members from all over the world and it has a pattern look up area. If you post your question there you may find your pattern.

There is also a knitting help group. Just be sure to come back here for discussion.

dustinac
03-30-2008, 11:45 AM
:happydance: Welcome to KH, Lori!!

I hope you can find the pattern again...I haven't heard about it either...but will keep a look out :thumbsup: